PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Track and Drag meets

jakam04
31-07-2007, 09:15 PM
As you guys may know, Im moving to Darwin in Nov and am curious on how often they hold drag racing meets as well as track days on Hidden Valley (if ever). Although I have my streetfighter to play on the drag strip, but my other toy was to play on the track days etc. If there isnt any track days, theres no use dragging up a bike and paying ridiculously expensive rego if I cant play on a track.

Any info would be appreciated.

Jarrod

Benz
01-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Hidden Valley runs a Friday night Street meet,a "grudge racing" style drag night, then on the following Saturday week, there is the 'normal' Bracket style drag meet. Then on Sundays there is TERRA!! Top End Road Racing Association's turn to abuse the HV track.I actually went there last week to check it out, and [of course!] there was no-one there! The Show weekend must be an exception.....don't quote me
So you can use ALL of your bikes up here,until about November, when wet season humidity starts to kick in, along with some rain, and most motor sports[except dirt/mud racing, of course]have their off season
http://www.hiddenvalleydrags.com/ have a look for yourself

atwd1970
17-06-2008, 08:41 PM
then there is the powder puff night (chick racer's)do they still do it !!!they did in the eightie's