PDA

View Full Version : Wanted GSXF rear wheel

Iceman
29-07-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm looking for a 1998-2002 Suzuki GSX600F or GSX750F rear wheel, not really fussed what color or if it has a disc attached and don't need sprocket or carrier.

Can anyone help?

Iceman
31-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Anyone?

Jockney Rebel
31-07-2007, 11:51 PM
i got one Clint but u have to buy the baldy to get it ...its on the back ..ill keep me eyes peeled
wont a gixer/bandit/rf600 one fit their the same size aint they

Iceman
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
They'll probably fit with some modification Jim, but the GSXF wheel has the same hub dimentions as the GS. They use the same bearings, axle and cush drive. Makes it alot easier for me if it'll just bolt on. It's the quickest way I know of getting an extra inch, (although according to some of the spam emails I get there is some pills I can take).

Benz
01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
So how much difference is there? Less hub width on the rotor side maybe? I've got a rear wheel here that was supposed to be a swap into the L series swinger[to have a spare to abuse at the drag strip], but the hub is short on the disc side, its a 5.5 rim....assumed to come from the WN model, with the swinger mounted caliper..... I think.
Is this what your after Ice???

Jockney Rebel
01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
,.ive tried them pills mate ..leave well alone got the dozage wrong thot it said take 4 once a day
ended up with an armoured plated crotch ..

i am, of course, joking ...

Iceman
01-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Benz, it is a 5.5inch wheel I'm after. Not really sure of the model. I do remember seeing other wheels used but the rear caliper bracket had to be milled down, so it would make sense that the hub would be short on the disc side of the wheel I'm chas'n. The cush drive is the crutial thing, I need the wheel to have only 5 blades, not 6 like the GSXR models, that way my rear sprocket assembly will fit straight in.

Deano
05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
benz.

there is a differnce between the w and oil cooled cush drives. the w series have about a 5mm bigger offset and this causes a problem when fitting a w wheel into an oil cooled bike (just ask shono). the spacer that the drive sprocket tightens up against is shorter on oil cooled models. if you use the oil cooled cush drive and the water cooled wheel you will be right

Ice. the early 4.5 inch J gsxr wheel had 5 blades in the cush and 5 sprocket bolts. worth trying to get someone like TK to measure the one he has in his shed.

Iceman
05-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks Deano, I'll send him an email.

EDIT. No I wont, it's 5.5 I'm after.

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
ice that sounds like the one on my honda [ive got a 1990gsxf600 rear on my bike]its 5.5 inch with a 150/55 17 on it

Iceman
05-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Where do you park it at night Jim?[}:)] lol:D

Benz
06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
quote:benz.

there is a differnce between the w and oil cooled cush drives. the w series have about a 5mm bigger offset and this causes a problem when fitting a w wheel into an oil cooled bike (just ask shono). the spacer that the drive sprocket tightens up against is shorter on oil cooled models. if you use the oil cooled cush drive and the water cooled wheel you will be right

Deano
The spare wheel has 6.5mm less hub width on the disc mount side [20.5 L series mount 14mm on the mystery wheel.]
The oil cooled cush drive just swapped over, no apparent problems , had the axle half way in and then could not get the disc to align with the caliper.
I assumed this wheel was from WN.......wheel hub width reduced to allow for the swinger mounted caliper.....???but it may well be from some other model, fuck nose which[:o)]:D
Wouldn't chain/wheel alignment change if the cushdrive was offset?
There is no way the L series caliper mount will talk to this wheel, without machining up a 6.5mm ring to mount behind the disc. Alternatively I could machine down the caliper spacer/mount,and add another 6.5mm spacer to the outside, I guess ...
After Saturday's dismal performance at the drag strip, I don't think there will be any hurry[^]
Sorry to hijack your thread Ice.....

Tony Nitrous
12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Isn't Mark (Warhound) pulling the wheel out of his
GSXF to fit something bigger ?