papa smurf
25-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Fuckin oath, I'm in

suxukifreak
25-07-2007, 06:20 PM
So your keen then[?]

Gix11
25-07-2007, 06:37 PM
That looks good. If the weathers being kind I'll come along as well.

Learnatic
26-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm keen,will let you know closer to time.

papa smurf
26-07-2007, 06:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

So your keen then[?]

Yeah mate I'm keen.
Will mean bugger all to us as racers, 'cos there will never be drags there BUT.
It's a matter of PRINCIPLE

BOHEMION
27-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Yep I'll be in for that

Zed14
29-07-2007, 09:32 AM
qlders help save it so we can come up there and use it.

BOHEMION
30-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Just recieved an email from Scott Clark from the Lakeside group

Really, great to hear from you. As a Narangba resident that supports the re-opening of Lakeside, you are probably one of the most powerful people on the northside of Brisbane right now!

Currently, we have a loud minority of lakefront landholders who are trying to boost their property values by shutting Lakeside down. Lakeside Motor Racing Enthusiasts believes it already has more members who are local residents, just like yourself, who would rather see Lakeside re-opened, but we need to find out who the silent majority is! If we can demonstrate to the Pine Rivers council that more residents want the place re-opened, then we can talk about how to help maintain it. We truly appreciate your offer, but the first hurdle we have to jump is getting the place re-opened.

May I invite you and your friends to our forthcoming club meeting on Monday, 6 August @ 7:30pm at the Pine Rivers Junior Rugby League Club - Mundin Si, Petrie. As a local resident, you are entitled to free LMRE club membership.

So any Pinerivers shire ppl out there, take advantage of free memership and come down to the footy club

zx12argh
31-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I might be able to organise a few people - will put the call out.

BOHEMION
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Just a reminder that the council meeting is on tonight at Pine rivers Jnr Footy club, Meeting at Carseldine Caltex @ 6:30pm

zx12argh
07-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Sorry couldn't make it last night Rick - how did the meeting go?

joesbuell
07-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Save Lakeside! I've signed and posted petition into my other forums!

Lets hope we succeed!

BOHEMION
07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
The meeting was pretty cool, They need abit of a hand on the day of he cruise though. I dont think they expected to have so much interest from QLDers. Afew ppl from various brissy forums are helping out on the day. Also there will be bike parking sussed out by Saturday arvo at Lakeside. If ya going to Cootha Get there early.

ozkat
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Ill be there. If anyone is travelling up from the Gold Coast let me know as i have no idea where it is.

suxukifreak
07-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Shayne, you goin to Mt Cootha or straight to Lakeside?

ozkat
07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I dunno, whats at Mt Cootha?

suxukifreak
07-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Thats the meeting point, and then "cruise" to Lakeside. Didnt you read the link at the top of page?

ozkat
07-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Thats the meeting point, and then "cruise" to Lakeside. Didnt you read the link at the top of page?
Nah mate i dont read, i just look at the pictures :D

suxukifreak
07-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Now THAT explains a lot!! ;)

suxukifreak
09-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Media Release

Lakeside Turns On Multimedia Radio

For Immediate Release: 8 August, 2007

Brisbane, Australia - People rallying to open Lakeside Raceway on 12 August will have the event live simulcast on local FM radio and globally via the internet by sponsor SpeedFM.

Anyone within a 3 kilometre radius of the iconic circuit will be able to tune into the event's live entertainment on channel 88.7 from SpeedFM's on-site mobile radio unit. If you're a bit further away, then you can log in to their website at www.speedfm.com.au with a computer or mobile phone to listen to the broadcast.

Lakeside Motor Racing Enthusiasts president Ian Milton said,

"Most of the council's past noise complaints about Lakeside were traced back to the old public address system. SpeedFM demonstrates how technology can overcome the need for megaphone style PA systems that indiscriminately blast the noise across the countryside - individuals can simply tune in their car radio, mobile or ipod."

Steve Hellyer developed the concept to cater for the growing motorsport market. In addition to its internet radio station, Speed FM packages broadcast radio and DJ services to allow event organisers to deliver on-site music, commentary and even race results to competitors. They also have the ability to receive and make phone calls whilst hosting an event and take them live to air.

Mr Hellyer said,

"The long term goal for Speed FM is to provide automotive enthusiasts with an informative, yet entertaining source of information, that has been missing in mainstream radio. We eventually aim to have a community broadcasting licence to add to our list of mediums."

For more information regarding the Save Lakeside Cruise in Show, please visit www.lakesideraceway.com.

If you're coming to the cruise and/or show'n'shine, save yourself some time and hassle on Sunday by getting your REGISTRATION FORM on-line.

BOHEMION
09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by joesbuell

Save Lakeside! I've signed and posted petition into my other forums!

Top stuff!

Gix11
09-08-2007, 01:41 PM
I can't make it now guys due to being fucked with this virus and shit. I'll be at the doctors at 10.15 thinking about it though.

BOHEMION
09-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Thats no good mate, Its knockin everyone about.

zx12argh
10-08-2007, 12:58 PM
dumb question - but where the fuck is the Lakeside Cafe? Is that the place at the coffee shop top of Mt Cootha?

BOHEMION
10-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Newest email

BREAKING NEWS

Chains Off For Save Lakeside Day

For Immediate Release: 10 August, 2007

Brisbane, Queensland - Pine Rivers Shire Council has boldly offered to open the gates of Lakeside Raceway on Sunday, 12 August for the Save Lakeside Cruise In Show. Enthusiasts and shire residents are holding a motorcycle and car parade from Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens, which will now finish with a vehicle display on the historic grounds of Lakeside Raceway.

Lakeside Motor Racing Enthusiasts is promoting the event to show support for the council's efforts to re-open Lakeside International Raceway, which was originally planned to be held on private land across the road from the historic circuit.

LMRE president Ian Milton said,

"Whilst we're not on the track, we're very excited to be actually using Lakeside for the show'n'shine, it feels like we're going home!"

"Everyone is impressed by this gesture of goodwill and hopes that it is a strong indication that Council is now in a position to deliver a return on investment to ratepayers and allow us back into our sporting facility."

When asked why the change of direction from the Pine Rivers Shire Council, Mr Milton replied,

"I think that most Councilors understand that the positive economic, social and life saving benefits of re-opening Lakeside far outweigh the negatives and that they will reach directly, or indirectly, nearly everyone in the community."

Supporters of Lakeside Raceway have patiently waited nearly six years for the re-opening of their sport's only facility on the north side of Brisbane.

Mr. Milton explains,

'It's encouraging to see that the Council understands that they are the current custodians of Queensland's motor racing heritage and future and are prepared to take it seriously."

"At times, I feel that we are failing the current generation of kids by not providing any alternative and thereby contributing to the street racing culture in South East Queensland."

Track walking tours will be conducted by Lakeside veterans to allow old-hands to reminisce while giving first-timers a real feel for one of the fastest and most technically challenging circuits in Australia.

There's free LMRE membership if you live in the recently announced North Moreton Regional Council area (Pine Rivers, Redcliffe, Caboolture). If you are, or have been a Pine Rivers Shire ratepayer it's your track too!

If you're coming to the cruise and/or show'n'shine, save yourself some time and hassle on Sunday by getting your REGISTRATION FORM on-line now.

SUGGESTED CRUISE DIRECTIONS:

Depart Mt Coot-tha - East on MILTON Rd (toward City), LEFT onto INNER-CITY BYPASS (immediately after Suncorp Stadium), Exit Inner-city Bypass LEFT (after tunnel) and turn RIGHT onto GYMPIE Rd, travel north up through Chermside and Aspley onto BRUCE HIGHWAY (toward Sunshine Coast), exit Bruce Highway LEFT at BALD HILLS/STRATHPINE exit and travel north through Strathpine (past Council Chambers) and Lawnton (past Super Cheap Auto), turn RIGHT at PETRIE ROUNDABOUT, LEFT at NARANGBA RD intersection (Red Dog Servo), travel 3 minutes north and turn LEFT into LAKESIDE Rd (golf course), Enter via the LAKESIDE RACEWAY gates on RHS before the end of the road.

For more information regarding the Save Lakeside Cruise in Show, please visit www.lakesideraceway.com.

###

ozkat
11-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I dont suppose anyone is going from the Gold Coast or south Brissy area? i have no idea where Mt.Cootha is or Lakeside.

Hillsy
11-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey fellas - was going to go but the flu has got me by the balls...and doesn't look like letting go in the next 24 hours [xx(][xx(]

Smoke some rubber for me...[:p]

suxukifreak
12-08-2007, 06:23 AM
I will be there but in the car, because after Lakeside i'm off to Willowbank for the Aus drift championships and Qld Supermoto titles.

suxukifreak
12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Lakeside today....
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/82446718947244.jpg

Plenty of bikes...
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8519/dscf0959700x344fe5.jpg

Line up to get in......
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1748/dscf0975700x602zg8.jpg

While im here, some photos of todays Willowbank Supermotad racing..
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/249/dscf0989700x435tf2.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/441/dscf0988700x439ey3.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6789/dscf1004700x557bn8.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9514/dscf1007700x583ir0.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4820/dscf1020700x406fu9.jpg

and finally, the winner of Aus drift titles at Queensland raceway...
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8104/dscf1035700x449xn0.jpg]

zx12argh
12-08-2007, 08:42 PM

and finally, the winner of Aus drift titles at Queensland raceway...
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8104/dscf1035700x449xn0.jpg]

Nice chrome panels on that 200sx - any relation of yours Des ;)

suxukifreak
13-08-2007, 05:45 AM
As you can see from the above photos, plenty of bling and white boots are in this year. [8D] ;)

Gix11
13-08-2007, 02:20 PM
That number 5 Motard is the guys downstairs. How did he go?

suxukifreak
13-08-2007, 03:22 PM
The couple of races i saw, No 5 was around 4th and fifth.
No 55 and 6 had a great battle for second in the final races.

The guy on Quad 69 is the famous Kangaroo Kid from world record quad jump fame.