PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca Results

Large
22-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Dont ask me...the race isn't till tomorrow...but I'm in a town called Marina which is a 20 minute shuttle ride from the race track, so assuming I don't partake in any mescaline tonight, I'm going to the USGP Tomorrow.[8D] GOD DAMN!!

Nice drive up here in my Mustang Convert (sitting on 70-80mph) and getting passed by everyone and watching the thousands of mexican labourers tending the fields...they must be cheaper than machinery...

Funny sitting out the front of the hotel watching all the boys on their litre bikes in t shirts. Very few guys wearing jackets[V]

At least their's hardly any harleys. Prolly beyond their service range from LA or SF:D

GOD DAMN!!

Oh say can you see, by the evenings early light...Large is drinking Makers Mark and feeling all right

EXBEN
23-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Looks like it would've been a great day there Large.
Aussies 1-2 [8D]

barknmad
23-07-2007, 11:28 AM
And a 7, well done Ant

Gix11
23-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Where's the photos handsome?

TurboKat
23-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah Richy, tell us all about the US GP will ya?, bike racing didn't used to be real big there & I can't help wondering what the vibe is like these days. I hope you got some pics of the grid girls too... there was more silicone on that grid than there is in the Silastic factory.[:p]
Are you bringing the 'Stang back with you?
Pics or it never happened. ;)

Large
24-07-2007, 12:56 AM
I got pics but you'll have to wait. Heading back down highway1 today so I'll get some pics of the stang next to a monument or two.

The yanks do things differently. Whereas in Aus there something happenning all day, on race day there was Motogp warmup, then two qualifying sessions for the AMA superbikes that finished at 11 then nothing happened till the Motogp race at 2 (a nascar drove around and randy doubled a few people on the ducati) even the flypast by 2 f18s wasn't a patch on the RAAFs turn and burn antics. I suppose that without the 125s and 250s they have trouble filling the gaps.

Also the viewing areas for joe public aren't anywhere near as good as Aus (or Assen). The whole place is set up for corporate/vip guests and you cant see through the fence lines in many places because of the advertising.

Still it is motogp and definitely worth the effort especially with casey and chris doing the business. Was a lot of cheering for hayden before the race...lot of people left early too:D

Fucking corndogs aren't a patch on dagwood dogs either:)