PDA

View Full Version : New NT member in Nov 07

jakam04
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Well. I got the news today that I will be posted to Darwin in Nov 07 so will look forward to catching up with you NT guys soon afterwards. Will be trailering my bike up there so it will b there when I arrive.

See you in November.

Jarrod:D

Benz
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Are you going to live at Robinson Barracks? There's a whole city inside those fences!

jakam04
10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
nah mate, i'll either be in Gunn or Winnellie depending on defence housing availability...

While i have you mr benz. if you have anything you want from brissie, let me know in oct and i might be able to bring stuff up if i have room .

Jarrod

Benz
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks Jarrad, may take you up on that!

jakam04
10-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Im already bringing both of my bikes up on a trailer as I cant trust DHA to get my bikes up there without damage. Am thinking im gonna need an 8x5 trailer to fit them on though lol...

Jarrod

leathalbusa
11-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Welcome aboard mate. We will have to catch up for some beers...

jakam04
11-07-2007, 10:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by leathalbusa

Welcome aboard mate. We will have to catch up for some beers...

Sounds like a plan. You can have the beers, I'll have the bourbins lol.

Jarrod

leathalbusa
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Ok mate.

Hope your up for sum drag racin. and the road course is pretty good here too....

And some speed limt stretching.....

jakam04
11-07-2007, 11:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by leathalbusa

Ok mate.

Hope your up for sum drag racin. and the road course is pretty good here too....

And some speed limt stretching.....

Was up there around 2 years ago for a year. Its just a pity that the speed limit has been enforced now. Have the CTP prices gone down now that the speed limits have been placed on NT roads. That was the reason they were astronomical last time I was there which made rego of a bike bloody ridiculous. I pay $350 a year in QLD and last time I was there, it was that much for 6 months.

Jarrod

p.s. drag racing is all good. Just have to decide which bike, my streetfighter or the play toy lol...

alfiestorm
11-07-2007, 01:34 PM
you not coming to sa now then jarrod by the look of things.
Oh yeah still waiting for customs to release all my kit taking a bit of time must be busy.

Stu

Benz
hows it going those offset sprockets still doing thier job ok

Benz
11-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah Alphie, transmitting the grunt very nicely!!

jakam04
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

you not coming to sa now then jarrod by the look of things.
Oh yeah still waiting for customs to release all my kit taking a bit of time must be busy.

Stu

Benz
hows it going those offset sprockets still doing thier job ok

Yeah mate. Things happen way too damn quickly. That option on going to SA was only for a course to be moved to Wagga. Things at home dont allow me an option for going away for 3 months so I gave the chance up for now till a a better time comes. I will have to save those beers till AFR08 which I will be trying to fly down for.

As for your parts in customs, tis cool. Im in no rush mate.

Thanks again.

Jarrod

jakam04
28-09-2007, 08:23 AM
How quickly things change in the world of Jarrod lol... my posting has now been changed and instead of heading to Darwin... Im now heading to Perth...

Hope to catch any NT members at the ASF next year...

Jarrod

appo
28-09-2007, 08:57 AM
just wait another day or two and it will probably change again!!!!

Blackkat
28-09-2007, 10:16 AM
at least now you keep both bikes as rego overthere is cheap.
postings what a fuckup they can be

28-09-2007, 10:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

How quickly things change in the world of Jarrod lol... my posting has now been changed and instead of heading to Darwin... Im now heading to Perth...

Hope to catch any NT members at the ASF next year...

Jarrod

Ha ha ha, gotta love military postings don't ya. But don't worry mate, by Monday they'll have posted you down to tropical Canberra [8D]