PDA

View Full Version : Weathers good for drags

Booster
26-05-2007, 05:56 PM
At Heathcote :D
I'm heading over to a T&T for a bit of fun before its too cold for traction.
Any other takers ??

Booster
28-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Top day ! new PB on my roadbike in exactly the same setup as at AFR it ran 9.38 at 164mph , now i need to do some more work to the racebike

chopiesel
28-05-2007, 02:53 PM
thats awesome mate.

Booster
29-05-2007, 12:50 AM
It surprised me , last time out all i could manage was 9.8 ,
Cheshire cat type grin all day after the 9.3 :D

Iceman
29-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Top effort Greg, it's a pitty I was on a plane otherwise I would've gone with you.

Booster
29-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Plane usually suggests your doing something interesting , maybe get the 500 to the track next time ;)

Iceman
29-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Best I start putting it back together then.

Booster
14-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Sunday 15 on again, Taking the dragbike out for a shakedown.
Gates open 9am,scruitineering at 10 racing 11-4
http://www.heathcoteraceway.com.au/ will have up to date weather and maps
Given the busa club guys a stirr up letting them know there are more streetfighters coming out with Clint and associates,maybe Sharky

ozkat
14-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Yeah cmon Clint get the GS on the strip.

Iceman
14-07-2007, 10:23 PM
The only way the GS will be getting down the 1/4 tomorrow is if they let me trailer it. lol.

I'll probably ride the Stealth bomber down there. Planning to get there between 10.30 and 11.

sharky
14-07-2007, 11:44 PM
We'll be there one way or another.:D

sharky
15-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Any updates, Weather ?? You still going Iceman ??

Iceman
15-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Well what an eventful day. My mate Paul and I made our way to Heathcote, met up with Booster and Sharky. Talked shit and watched alot of cars fly'n up the strip between Booster's runs.

The trip home was one I'd like to forget however. Seeing my fuel light come on in the middle of nowhere is always a bit of a worry, even worse when it's cold and getting dark. Now I know I can get at least eighty k's before having to switching to reserve, so I wasn't all that concerned to begin with.

As we pushed on past countless fuel stations which had shut for the day, I was think how good the fuel economy was at 130km/h coz I hadn't had to switch to reserve. Then as expected 'Chug Chug' by this stage I had lost all feeling in my hands due to the fact it was fucking freezing. I could even work the fuel tap properly. I roll to a stop on the side of the road. To my horror I see that I'm already on reserve. I'd forgotten to put it back on primary thismorn'n when I filled up. Fuck!

Paul being the good bloke he is carries on ahead to see if he can get some fuel in a tin from the town 5 k's up the road. The servo's shut. Fuck! I ring home and am told "Good luck" Fuck! Paul then remembers that a bloke from our work lives nearby and he's into bikes so he'll help me out. Sure enough, 15mins later I'm putting fuel into the bone dry tank in the dark.

Hit the start buttom. Battery is dead. Fuck! About 10 attempts to push start it but to no avail. Fuck! Paul heads back to see my fuel supplier who returns in his ute with a set of jumper leads. Hit the button, starts first go. Thank fuck.

Finally get home two hours late and rode the last 35k's with very limited visability due to the dark tinted visor on my helmet. I think I now owe a couple of blokes some beers!

Here's part of they day that was good. Booster putt'n on a show
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/21583491275125.jpg

Iceman
15-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Unfortunatly I have a cheap camera so I could get any pics of the half track wheelstands, only the burnouts.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/21583500851852.jpg

Booster
15-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Hope your warming now Clint ,Cougars my preferred flame .
Nearly ran out myself going home last time, but ran into a guy with reg problems on his Fireblade , had to give him a lift to Rushworth where his mate gave me the contents of the mower tin, just made it to Mooroopna servo from there.
Good to see you guys out there , have to have a run next time
That last shot must have been where i picked 4th instead of 3rd for the burnout, tried launching in 2nd that time too
Happyish with the results for the streetbike (9.28 best) but still depressed about the clunk that happened in the dragbike yesterday, looks like the next few nights will be busy.