PDA

View Full Version : Swan Valley Beer Tour - just an idea

Rocket
24-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Seeing as the weather is turning to shit, and it's difficult for Abel to actually have a running motorbike for any period of time, here's an idea for a get together.

What if we were to hire a small bus, nominate a trustworthy and sober bus driver, then do a bit of a tour of the breweries in the Valley?
I believe there's about 5 or maybe 6 breweries out that way.

We would select an NOR and SOR pick up point as well as one near Midland or whatever.
Aim to get to the first brewery about midday.
Drive around to each brewery for two beers.
Stop at about the third or fourth brewery for a late lunch.
Carry on till about four or four thirty.
We pile into the bus, crank up the Acca Dacca and air guitar our way back into town.
Then skipper drops us off to our respective drop off points, fuels up and drops the bus off.

A 12 seater bus (can use a car license) will cost about $180 for the day including fuel and insurance. If we get 8 guys, then that's $23 each. Plus another five or so dollars each to buy the driver gift voucher and lunch to say thanks. Say $30 a head, plus beers and food, more people = cheaper bus.

Interested ?

I fly out June 18th so there's three weekends after this one before then.
Anyone know anyone willing to drive the bus ? Car license is okay for a 12 seater.

What dates can you make it between now and the 17th june ?
And FFS don't say you can if you aren't sure and then drop out on us, that would suck major arse and just cost people more money.

I'm happy to organise it, but someone else can drive :D

Hagarr
24-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Damn You can't make it for after the 27th June I'll be back from the IOM by then

Funkenfresh
24-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Finding a sober driver is gonna be very hard!! Me, and my mate are up for it... but if there needs to be room for another ASFer i wont tell my mate yet... sounds a blast!!! Gf's got uni exams so she ant.. but YEs for me and me mate troy

BillyWhizz888
25-05-2007, 12:10 AM
There are organised tours...
they pick you up supply driver etc

pussy tour or fuggin hard core tour

searches for info...

I am in, so long as someone wheelbarrows me home
(I reckon a few PSB ads woud ike some of the action)

Munter
25-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Rocket, you sure are an ideas man.
I'm in [:o)]....But I 'aint gonna drive

Funkenfresh
25-05-2007, 07:25 AM
mabee we are gonna need 2 or 3 buses in a cruise or something if you go with a psb advert... will be funny!!! im looking forward to this..

BillyWhizz888
25-05-2007, 09:38 AM
www.beernuts.com.au

Telephone (Australia) 08 92950605
email: nut1@beernuts.com.au

Beer nuts or bum nuts hahahahahahaha

LETS DO IT FOR MAMMA :D

chopiesel
25-05-2007, 10:14 AM
if someone is with defence the bus will be about 110 from hertz. if you hae more than 12 in it driver needs a small truck license. they can carry up to 14 normally the mini busses

Rocket
25-05-2007, 10:30 AM
That's right Chop. Budget have a 12 seater for $135 (normal price), plus a bit extra for insurace, plus a bit more for fuel on return. That's where I got $180 from which is a bit generous.

I have used a company that organises wine tours and will give them a call, I'll also talk to Billywhizz's freinds at Beer Nuts. I can go to PSB or PR to fill up the numbers but first and foremost, I'd like it to be ASF. It shouldn't be too hard to get 8 or 10 ASFer's and yobbo mates together.

Rocket
25-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Okay, I spoke to the Beernuts mob and that is definately the go.
It will cost a little more this way but it will all be booked, planned and organised for us.
The guy has mobile eftpos so we can pay him on the day.

There are three options but the full strength tour gets my vote.
The light tour is the bus only, the mid strength tour is bus and lunch, full strength is bus, lunch and beer tastings.

The FULL STRENGTH tour:

We provide all transportation and lunch,
all drink samples and snacks.
We deliver you back.
(Additional drinks may be purchased at your own discretion)

The Cost:

2 to 4 people $130.00 per head

5 to 9 people $125.00 per head

10 to 14 people $120.00 per head

15 to 20 people $115.00 per head

The 16th June has been penciled in.
Let me know if you are keen on this, I can use PSB to fill the numbers a bit so we get a bus full of bike people.
We will select two pick up points, one NOR and one SOR, these will be near train stations.

If we get six definate ASFers, then I'll go ahead with it and get a few PSBers along as well. If not, we can leave it for a few months and try again later.

Hands up ladies.

BillyWhizz888
25-05-2007, 02:18 PM
IN

FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH FULL STRENGTH

PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS

BLACKMAIL BLACKMAIL WELL YOU GET THE JEST HAHAHAHAHA

Watto
25-05-2007, 03:54 PM
:Dbeer beer and more beer - lookin good at my end - supposed to go to a birthday party that evening but the day is free !! - should be in fine form:D

Munter
25-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Fuckin A

And Billy aint allowed on the Bus with any shaving implements, permenant markers or cosmetics!!

BillyWhizz888
26-05-2007, 01:28 AM
no worries

Rocket...
can you hide the hair beach, hair remover, permanant marker
blow up doll (used) hahahaha :D

Phew I hardley have the energy to type...

just back from shagfest.. no not last weeks one
a new (old) one.. humpa humpa humpa

Funkenfresh
26-05-2007, 02:02 AM
how many beers at each brewery for $130??? if we get someone to drive and hire a bus... that $97 for beer and $3 for a pie + mabey sauce = more beer/brewerys [8D]

Rocket
26-05-2007, 02:15 AM
I asked the guy about the beers today and you basically get a tasting selection at each place.
He reckons it's not often that people go buying more beer than what is supplied but you never know.
The lunch provided is a light lunch at Elmars, nothing too heavy to take up valuable beer space.

BillyWhizz888
26-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Able....

I wil have camera for you to show us how many extra's you can drink
also... can someone bring another cos amma gonna get SMAAAAAAASHED :D WHOOP WHOOP