PDA

View Full Version : Marchesini sprockets ?

Booster
21-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Anyone stock or import Marchesini stuff ?

They have an individual sprocket size :(
IMPORTANT: The original sprocket has to be substituted by a special one specific

For Marchesini wheels

(centring diameter 76mm

No. 5 hole diameter 10.5mm on wheelbase diameter 100mm).

crazymofo
21-04-2007, 02:49 PM
chaingang, would be able to make ya one im fairly sure.

cheers.joe.

TurboKat
21-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Have you checked the JT sprocket "bible" Greg? your mate with the bike shop should have one, it has all the details (No of holes, PCD, centre dia, pitch, offset, etc) of just about every sprocket known to man, shirley there'll be something that fits from something else.
If you can't get hold of the bible, let me know & I'll look it up for you on Monday.

Booster
21-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks guys
Joe i thought i would see if Stu, Ben or anyone else can get the real deal , chaingang were wanting to do some funny stuff when i wanted a 20 t front,welding teeth on and wanting big bucks, put me off them a bit.
TK checked the bible, 80 or 74 mm centres but nothing with 76mm centre and 5 stud on a 100mm circ,
Duc's have Marchesini's and JT have no listing for rears on some of the top line stuff , going to compare a mates 749r , and also waiting for return mail from the Marchesini website.

I do like the 5 spoke and its soooooo light :D

crazymofo
22-04-2007, 01:32 PM
i could cut you a sprocket from just about any black steel (bisalloy, or from steel, HT Steel.) to any specs you like.

but i got no idea on how hard the steel is on sprockets, and you would need the tips of the teeth ground/machined to have the bevel put on em.

cheers.joe.

Deano
22-04-2007, 05:34 PM
joe.

most sprockets on mag wheels are alloy. but don't no what grade. i guess something high in tensile strength would be the go

Booster
22-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks i'll keep that in mind, probably be able to buy a blank 45t sprocket and cut it to suit :)

Booster
22-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Alloy don't last long on the dragbike Deano, but i don't think the std sprockers are particulary tough , mild steel may be ok, need to look into it more if i cant find one off the shelf.

Deano
22-04-2007, 09:37 PM
i rekon i could hook you up with a blank sprocket in steel mate.

they don't usually flame harden the teeth unless the tooth count is small. a drive sprocket will be flame hardened as only 7 teeth will be engaged with the chain to take the load but the driven will not be hardned

Deano
22-04-2007, 09:38 PM
ifyou gotta put a blank in the mill to drill it to size then you can allways lighten it a bit aswell

Booster
22-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks Joe and Deano Don't know why i didn't think of it before ?? i Buy 10-12 blanks a year for various farm machines , local machinist is used to me bringing in samples and me asking "can you make this fit that"

I'm sure the seeder needs a new sprocket ;)