PDA

View Full Version : minimum safety req.

WATEVR
18-04-2007, 11:04 PM
the city of churches is about to get back into drag racing(1/4 mile type) thanks to bob jane finally settling his little on going law suits and i was wondering...

what is the minimum req for safety apparel on a street meeting[?]

and what are the req's for the bike[?]

i know with curcuit stuff you need full leathers etc and need your bike wired up etc but there seems to be different sets of regs for draging.

zx12argh
18-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Here in qld - it depends on license which depends on speed but for your average joe leather jacket, jeans, and boots(not bike boots particularly).

Oh and you may want to wear a helmet too.

I'm not sure what the cut off is but if you run quicker then a 10 consistently then you need full leathers and an andra license... Someone want to back me up/shoot me down on this?

Slain
19-04-2007, 09:07 AM
10 sec pass means full leathers propper boots etc, 9 sec means lanyard kill switch.
not sure on andra licensing, need to find this out myself for next season

papa smurf
19-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Requirements for a street meet or test & tune in QLD are.
If running slower than 10.00, leather jacket, jeans, boots (make 'em sensible ie; not fuckin joggers) fullface helmet & gloves.
If quicker than 10.00, ANRA licence, FULL leathers, bike boots, SNELL approved helmet, full leather gloves.
The under 10.00 req's are nation wide, street meet & T&T req's may vary from state to state or even track to track.
My suggestion is there is no such thing as too much protective gear when dragracing so go for more rather than less.
Rick

WATEVR
22-04-2007, 12:24 AM
i have a RST brand jacket which is made from similar material to a dri-rider but has all the in built protection plus i still have my back protector etc from when i did circuit racing. i have full single suit leathers but they dont fit as they seem to have shrunk.....and last time i wore them i turned them into something that resembles swiss cheese!!