PDA

View Full Version : Anzac Day Poker Run

Large
14-04-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure if I've got the time to do this (packing and moving atm)but I thought it might be of interest

quote:This from Ozbiker :

"ANZAC Day Poker Run (NSW); 25 April. The Original & Still the Best. All make & model motorcycles welcome. Meet HA clubhouse, 53 Broughton Street, Guildford; leaving 11 am, rain, hail or shine. Poker party 6 pm till late. Enquiries: 02-9681-4068."

So...yeah...meet at the Hell's Angel's clubhouse at about 9.45, find a spot and pay up, grab a breakfast drink and absorb the scene until leaving time You won't regret it.

Basically you meet at the clubhouse, pay to enter and they give you an AN.ZAC sticker that fits exactly over your numberplate...

quote:Smaller turnout than some years, but still... up to 1500 bikes roar off in procession, all with number plates the same, starting with 100 in a 50 zone through Guildford. There's people everywhere all along the 150km route waving, lining the streets.

Every intersection, every roundabout, every slip road, every pedestrian crossing, every freeway entrance road, and...yep..every red light people are held up waiting for us all to pass by. In towns we pass through, a person who crosses the road may get stuck on a traffic island for 15 mins as we roll by, roundabouts, connecting streets, pedestrian crossings, red lights... we do not stop. Suburbs grind to a halt as traffic is held up on all cross streets by the rolling, unstoppable, Hell's Angels-lead Juggernaught. There's people everywhere incredulously and spontaneously filming us all with their mobile phones, crowding on bridges and pavements to watch the spectacle, and if traffic gets in front of us, it simply pulls over and waits for us all to thunder past. And waits.. and waits....

Speed cameras we pass through go off like strobe lights - I would love to be at the traffic infringement bureau tomorrow as the issue 1500 fines to some poor digger who owns the number plate "AN-ZAC"!!

Let me remind you that this is a double demerits weekend - AND there is a (somewhat powerless!) police presence from time to time...

I reckon between us all we must have racked up about 150,000 unissuable demerit points on red lights alone, and somewhere in the region of 30'000 points on speed cameras. Not to mention the fact that we were constantly above the speed limit everywhere else

Someone made the mistake of stopping for traffic at a red light, so through we go - me, Hayles, Wizard and a mate, following what we think is the last of the pack in front. Everyone then follows through the red. It soon becomes clear that no-one knows where we are going, as we just continue straight on, still stopping for no-one. We melt tward the back with sheepish grins...

It occurs to me before we all start pulling up and turning around that we could just keep rolling, non-stop, in any direction we like, and no-one could do a damn thing about it. As long as we have the numbers.

Kind of an analogy for life really.

Awesome day, I would urge everyone to join us next year. I certainly won't miss it!

pt
19-04-2007, 06:41 PM
anyone gonna go to this? i'll hopefully be there

speeddemon
19-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Your not admitting to owning a harley do you pt??

I reckon AFR stickers for next year then? but we would need to all meet to get some decent numbers.....

pt
19-04-2007, 06:59 PM
no i don't own a tractor. i have no fields to plow[:p]

all makes& models welcome allegedly. wait and see i guess:)

speeddemon
19-04-2007, 07:02 PM
would like to get an idea of non-tractor numbers........it has me thinkin - why dont ya go and if u r alive to tell us what it was like then next year:D

Docktor
19-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Nahh, its nut fun,
We do the melbourne one every year.think they have right to ride on their plate stickers, ya cruise with em sweet. they block traffic, you gas the highways doin 140 plus.cops just drive past and stare, they dont say boo to ya. oh me mate 1 a couple of years ago riding my mrs's across, we fucked off pretty quick that night tho.

pt
19-04-2007, 08:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by speeddemon

would like to get an idea of non-tractor numbers........it has me thinkin - why dont ya go and if u r alive to tell us what it was like then next year:D

never know if ya never go;)