PDA

View Full Version : Yella

yellowvtwin
10-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Was reading the noob posts and realized I'm a full member and I made it out to the fools run (even if it was only to the bike shop for the show) but I had never intro'd myself [B)] so here it goes
I'm Yella AKA Ian in the Sydney area so if ya need a hand give us a yell and I will do what I can. I have had a bunch of bikes previous and everytime I striped them down for work or cleaning it always seemed hard/wrong to put the plastic back on, it all got to much so I sold my last bike 01 GSXR tracky and picked up a 96 ZX7 for a good price and started work dunno how long it will take but its started. I have started a thread on the bike and will put up some progress pic and info as it comes alone. I'm a mechanic by trade with fabbing and electrical experience so I will do most if not all of the work myself (probably not the paint[:o)] ). As I said I have been lurking around the site for awhile and have found heaps of good info and idea's that's why I paid up for full membership [8D], Anyway all done that feels better:D

Docktor
10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey Ian, If ya move to Melb I will swap ya paint for some fab work, Soooo pack ya shit up n see ya soon. Oh and bring some fuckin rain if ya got any , Our taps only fart dust when ya turn em on now.

Gix11
10-04-2007, 09:45 PM
.....Just out of curiosity mate, I know I met you and your family at the show and shine (good to meet you) and you bought shirts and stuff, but the day before Dave Readford who owns the shop said he had had a guy walk in off the street asking if he knew anything about the Streetfighters show. Apparently this guy had been around all the bike shops in Dubbo asking the same question and Dave's was the last place he tried and he got the result he was looking for. That guy wasn't you was it?

Yella
10-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Nope I drove out saturday from Sydney, also couldn't find the place and started to do the rounds when swithed on the local radio station and they told me where it was [8D]

Jockney Rebel
10-04-2007, 10:46 PM
hi ya yella fabbing eh any good at tig weldin ?

Docktor
10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
piss off, i found him first, he is movin to melb next monday

Large
10-04-2007, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

.....Just out of curiosity mate, I know I met you and your family at the show and shine (good to meet you) and you bought shirts and stuff, but the day before Dave Readford who owns the shop said he had had a guy walk in off the street asking if he knew anything about the Streetfighters show. Apparently this guy had been around all the bike shops in Dubbo asking the same question and Dave's was the last place he tried and he got the result he was looking for. That guy wasn't you was it?

I think that was the guy with the swag who'd caught the train up from sydney

Yella
10-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Did a bit of TIG along time ago now, wouldn't say I was an expert. I didn't have much call for it repairing forklifts and less now Im offical off the tools at work plus the shakes can make it interesting depending on the day