PDA

View Full Version : ApriliaPistas Introduction to Him and His Fighter

apriliapista
09-04-2007, 12:37 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/113947693107023.jpg

Okay here we go,
I moved down to Australia, Sydney a year ago from Sweden. Married a Sheila,
I joined the site couple of months ago. I was directed to this site by ExBen after dropping of some parts at his work shop.
I used to have a Fireblade-92 streetfighter with the vfr swingarm, Ohlins Superbike fork and some other trick bits....I blow the engine, sold it and kept the parts I'm know selling...
Over the last couple of years I've been travelling around the world and collected bike parts that I might be able to use for a project in the future. Well now is the future!!!!
I got hold of an Aprilia Sp Engine with frame here in Australia, I have a trick HRC Honda rc45single sided swingarm in magnesium with the HRC race kit rear axle. I have sixpots AP-racing in the front, Ap-Racing 2 piston on the rear with Ap racing thumbrake.
I have BST Carbon wheels back and front ( wish I had some other wheels, don't like them)
Front suspension is Ohlins Superbike fork used in the german Superbike champion ship.
Custom made triple clamp with 80mm bottom clamp!
I will probably use an original tank from the Tuono and maybe a Mv Agusta seat unit, I'll have think about that. front Fairing is an German or maybe Italian made all in Aluminium with polished side plates( I'll post some photos later on, pretty cool stuff
Okay so I know what you all saying now. Streetfighter???? It's more a road racer to me...
And yes in a way I agree, but I like my bike to handle well not just look awesome. It will have a really wide handle bar and jacked up rear end just like any other fighter.No fairing except for the top one. It will have a cool Aluminium radiator(polished) from Febur Racing in Italy. It will probably be a dark grey and orange colour sheme. Not sure about the exhaust but I really , really , really like the exhaust Ben did on his bike, very unique I must say.
I will post photos on my project and keep you posted on the progress.
Hopefully one day I might be accepted as a streetfighter rider in Aussie Land
I need some friends!!!!!!!!!
The photo is just a rough idea how it might look down the road.
Feel free to comment!!!!! with some constructive feedback.
Things I should think about, things I should consider and so on.

And last but not least, It's a pleasure to be a member in th ASF,full membership will happen this week!!!!!

Jockney Rebel
09-04-2007, 01:36 AM
welcome to the nuthouse mate good to have you..... skol:}

alfiestorm
09-04-2007, 03:30 AM
I have had a blast hrough what you have scribbled and decided yoooozzz is a nutttteerrrr :)

Deano
09-04-2007, 09:27 AM
welcome, sounds like it will be one hell of a fighter. good luck

what is wrong with the carbon wheels?

apriliapista
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/113948036190973.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Deano

welcome, sounds like it will be one hell of a fighter. good luck

what is wrong with the carbon wheels?

Just don't like the rear wheel where the spokes,arms whatever you call them "meet" in the centre of the wheel, wanted more of a look like the PVM's wheel with thin spokes. Front wheel is okay thou.

sickboy
09-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Welcome mate,sounds like your bike should be racing in the Aussie superbikes,cant wait to see the finished item.

09-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Some of us also believe that Streetfighters should go like stink on the road Sweedy, so you're not alone there.

Welcome

Iceman
09-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Sounds like your gunna have won hell of a streetfighter on your hands there Erik. I look forward to seeing it all come together.

Gix11
09-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Cheers for the proper introduction Erik. Much appreciated mate. Very impressed with your work. I have also replied to your email about the swingarm mate. Welcome to ASF mate.

catchmeifyoucan
09-04-2007, 01:06 PM
welcome aboard mate, sounds like you gonna have one nice looking fighta, good luck with your project..

oh, and id be happy to take those nasty wheels off you anytime, free of charge to...=)

09-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Mundy likes your idea`s[8D]as well as product[8D](those that have not used Ohlins)[8)]that you propose;)Welcome[:o)]

WATEVR
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
mate even if you only half replicated your ideas sketch you would have an awesome bike, welcome to the madness too!!!

zx12argh
09-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard mate - the talent around here just keeps growing and growing :D

Brownie
13-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Wecome to OZ mate,