PDA

View Full Version : MRA protest ride / 3rd April / wire rope barriers

BillyWhizz888
27-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Letter from MRA:

Hi Guys

Now that the petition to ban wire rope barriers has closed we have organised a protest ride to Parliament House to present our petition to Hon.Alanna MacTiernan MLA and to raise other motorcycle safety issues. We will have reserved parking on the steps of Parliament House and also a P.A. set up so we can give our views on road safety. As well as the minister for Planning and Infrastructure we will also have Hon Simon O'Brian the opposition spokesman on Planning and infrastructure and Hon. Tony Simpson a motorcycle riding pollie who is very interested in motorcycle safety.
This is a big chance to get our message across to the pollies and the general public as we will have coverage by the newspapers and the TV stations, so if you can in any way join us please do so as we want to send a strong message that we have had enough of being considered a minority group and not considered in road safety and design.
So the deal is we meet Tuesday 3rd April at the Fraser Avenue car Park near the Kiosk in Kings Park from 11.30am
and leave at 11.55am SHARP we will ride down Fraser Avenue, on to Malcolm Street and into Parliament House.
So if you can get a hour or two off work then please join us and show them that we are not happy with the number of motorcyclists dying and getting injured on our roads and want them to make some changes.

Please sent me a e-mail back if you intend joining in so I can get a idea of our numbers dave_mar@optusnet.com.au

Dave Wright
President
Motorcycle Riders Association Of Western Australia
Let Those Who Ride Decide

PS - I (BillyWhizz) am not Dave Wright - just passing on the message.

shaynus
28-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Very important cause.
I'll be there

fimpBIKES
28-03-2007, 01:58 PM
i recently drove up to byron bay and back (from newcastle)

there are now a lot of areas with cheese-grater on each side of the road and in the middle between directions
and i was staring at the stuff for hours as i drove along, getting pretty pissed off

and then it dawned on me!
wouldnt that stuff be HEAPS safer if they just put rubber or plastic tubing over the wire-rope?!?!??

anyways, i fear is too late for NSW
hope u in WA have better luck :(

Funkenfresh
28-03-2007, 03:55 PM
i dont think it would be safer as it'll still probally rip you head off if you go inbetween the
wires...what if a wire gets hook under your arm put.. bye bye arm.. worse yet what IF a wire went inbetween
your legs... bye bye ding dong!!!! wires are crap coated or not.. sorry i cant make it to the ride billywhizz..
we are in a tight situation at work at the moment.... but i still support the movement!!!

Dan
29-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I will have to see how the day starts (busy or really busy), if i can get away i will give you a call.

Funkenfresh
04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
howd this go billy??? sorry i couldnt make it... tosser 2IC at my work is having a power trip...cause my supervisor is
not in till next thursday...

BillyWhizz888
06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,21498053-2761,00.html

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2007/aPRIL/WA_Protest_WireBarriers/index.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/G1424

Mid week didnt help, so numbers were limited

I also didnt make it.....

fked leg! cant even change gears!!!!
I really need to learn to leave the piss alone and keep away from my very large son when he takes a tumble :)