PDA

View Full Version : hi guys in qld

fizzer49
16-03-2007, 12:09 AM
hi guys im thinking of taking a job in gladstone can anyone give me a few thoughts on gladstone and queensland like work lifestyle weather that sort of stuff im from adelaide so dont really know much about queensland thanks guys

xjrjack01
16-03-2007, 09:08 AM
How do you like hot weather? it was 42 in the shade here on monday, so yeah it does get hot. Lifestyle depends on the weather, hot & calm you'll be out the reef fishing, if it's a bit windy you might go chasing barra at lake awoonga. There are heaps of places within 2 hours drive to go camping or 4wding if thats your thing. Most of the houses up here are air conditioned, if your looking to buy, prices for houses start at $240000 for a dump or $375000 will get you a nice 4 bedroom brick place. There is a shortage of houses to rent so if you intend on renting line something up before you move here. There's a few guys from Gladstone on this forum they might have some more info for you, What sort of work do you do?

Gix11
16-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Krash and Stocky are from Gladstone mate. They can give you another opinion as well if you want one.

fizzer49
23-03-2007, 11:25 PM
hi i should be in gladstone in about four weeks so any help or advice would be good like things to do night life that stuff.

KRASH
24-03-2007, 10:22 AM
HMMMMMM....Things to do....
Go to stocky's garage and pull shit apart:D so plenty of machines to fab bits

Gladstone is good mate it's not 42 all the time that was the hottest day on record...EVER! normally around the 30-32 mark in summer 15-17 in winter, never rains..or hasn't for a long time anyway:(

What are you into? we do a few shop rides and Sunday rides next one is to Mt Glorious (I think[?])

As for nite life Don't think capital city think more Pubs/Clubs and a couple of nite clubs..

At the moment housing prices are a bit silly but as they say house prices never go down so we deal with it...
There are afew rentals around but you pay for them I just sold my house and building a new one and had to rent my house back off the new owner for $375 a week...!!!

fizzer49
27-03-2007, 01:19 AM
thanks for that krash i know i will not be bored i think i be staying i a carvan pk just out of gladstone bit cheaper 150 a week for a van

KRASH
27-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Let us know when you are here and we will get a ride happening

fizzer49
24-04-2007, 11:30 AM
hi guys ive been in gladstone about a week just waiting till i start work at QAL it seems like a nice place here i havent got my bike its in my shed back in adelaide. if i stick around might buy a cheap dirt or road bike. i dont know many people yet so if anyone wants to meet for a drink that would be good. hear from you soon guys