PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Casey

Slingblade
10-03-2007, 11:41 PM
A bit congrats to Casey Stoner on his maiden MOTO GP win!!

The Doctor put him under pressure all race and he didnt crack, like many others have before him. Not many riders have beaten Rossifumi in a one on one dog fight.

A great ride .

Rich
10-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Shit hot, just finished watching the GP. Three cheers for Casey.

Cheers Rich

chopiesel
11-03-2007, 12:07 AM
was awesome thats for sure, my heart started to beat fast from when stoner past him on the straight the first time untill the end.

but how damn fast was rossi into corners?? crazy.

11-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Started watching it, got bored and wandered off.

Watching the 250's at the moment, and fuck they get those things over.

Benz
11-03-2007, 02:25 AM
There was a new feature showing the lean factor as the rider cranked over. My memory says about 60 something degrees.....FARK
Good on ya Casey, looked like a winner from the start, and never changed the plan. To hold off Rossi under that constant pressure was magnificent.

suxukifreak
11-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Thanks for that guys, i was planning on watching the race later but no need to now. :( ;)

geesexar
11-03-2007, 07:39 AM
congrats to casey he held rossi to bay..but fuck what can you say..that duke really has some get up and go he made it look as if rossi was standing still along the straight

Deano
11-03-2007, 11:54 AM
you gotta admit that casey and the duke had alot more power than the yamaha.

but still it is great to see. my money is on the yam having 15 more hp for the next race.

great to see.

Slingblade
11-03-2007, 01:06 PM
The Duke has always had the best power and top speed since it came in. Didnt do Charlie Chucker and Sete much good.

It was alot more obvious on the 800 i must admit. The Yam is struggling for power as usual. They refuse to acknowledge the power of the v4 and persist with the inline. The Honda was eating it on the straight as well.

How Rossi even stayed within kooee of him is unbelievable. If it was not for Rossi's talent the Yam would still be an also ran. How he has won on it so consistently with such a power deficit is amazing. If he never left Honda he would almost never lose. He is light years ahead, talent wise.

WATEVR
11-03-2007, 03:06 PM
well done Casey and didnt the duc have some stick!!! Rossi is still bloody amazing and as u guys said if it wasnt for his talent the yams would be down the near the ilmors!! and dont forget Vermulen who finished 7th in front of hayden which is nothing to be ashamed about.

TurboKat
11-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Top race [:p]
Taking nothing away from Casey at all...... FUCK ME.... THEM WOG BIKES HAVE GOT SOME GRUNT [:0]
Yeah, Rossi was riding out of his socks to even keep Stoner in sight, I reckon Casey could pull 7 or 8 lengths on the straight with all that HP then Vale would pull back 5 lengths on the brakes & through turn 1 - that's pretty skilly. [8D]
Rossi did say at the post race press conference that Stoner rode a perfect & mistake free race - high praise from the King himself.
Also interesting was that Casey was on medium/medium Bridgies & Vale had on hard/hard Michies, both brands looked like they were doing exactly the same thing at the end of the race so there must be a big difference in the compounds & constructions between the 2.

Slingblade
11-03-2007, 05:55 PM
I always thought the desmo valve system was an overly complicated wank but in MOTO GP it is definately proving itself. I mean the Honda and Suzuki is a v4 with the same capacity but the Duke consistently kills everything up the straight. The power must be coming from the top end??.

Even Superbikes was not a good indication of the Duke engineering as the rules were always so biased against the fours, with the capacity restriction. Even now the 1000's are governed.

That desmosedici is a fuckin weapon now that they seem to have the chassis sorted. If Rossi suddenly finds the Duke is appealing they will sign him in a second. An italian champion on a Ducati, you can hear the cash registers ring!. He will finish half a lap ahead of the field.

WATEVR
12-03-2007, 07:24 AM
quote; Also interesting was that Casey was on medium/medium Bridgies & Vale had on hard/hard Michies,

they both used the same compound fronts from memory

quote; Even Superbikes was not a good indication of the Duke engineering as the rules were always so biased against the fours, with the capacity restriction. Even now the 1000's are governed.

1000's governed, bloody hell what buy the laws of physics!!!!