PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, newby here

kneedragger
03-03-2007, 06:53 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/subygt/Car%20and%20Bike/bike008.jpg

Hi all,
Not too many VMax's around here so I thought I'd post and see what you reckon. It's my first fighter and the bug has bitten! Just moved to Brisvegas so hopefully be able to go on a few runs with the guys up here and get in a bit of mischief [8D]

Cheers,
Rob

03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Not a bad start at all

Must be the only fightered V-Max in Aus.

WATEVR
04-03-2007, 06:42 AM
gday rob welcome aboard, sorry not a big v-max fan,i know massive grunt etc but just not my thing.......however your is definately nicer than stock and where is that tail from stock or aftermarket?

Jockney Rebel
04-03-2007, 08:53 AM
nice one rob,, big hairy arsed muscle bike.....i like what uv done with it mate

04-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey Kneedragger, perhaps you could list the change for those of us with little v-max knowledge.

Jockney Rebel
04-03-2007, 09:20 AM
yeah mate give us some specs on it

alfiestorm
04-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I have quite a vast knowledge of the V-MAX yes they are quite powerfull and yes they are quite heavy and sometimes they do burn the clutch at the nearest wiff of throttle action and the rear tyres are a bastard to get if you want a decent one.

But if you get over all of that which no doubt kneeslapper has it is quite easy to do, there is one thing that all max's suffer from and that is the incredibly small petrol tank have you done the upgrade yet kneeslapper [?]

By the way I love what you done with tail piece spot on, now how about cutting those cans in half :D or maybe a set of two brothers oval cans on there they sound like a couple of chinnook helicopters coming in to land fuckin awsome is the word.
Oh and top dollar on the front end as well.
Have you thought about doing the chain conversion on it yet = more power to the road or strip as the shaft will shit its self if too much power is put through it. :)

04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

I have quite a vast knowledge of the V-MAX yes they are quite powerfull and yes they are quite heavy and sometimes they do burn the clutch at the nearest wiff of throttle action and the rear tyres are a bastard to get if you want a decent one.

But if you get over all of that which no doubt kneeslapper has it is quite easy to do, there is one thing that all max's suffer from and that is the incredibly small petrol tank have you done the upgrade yet kneeslapper [?]

By the way I love what you done with tail piece spot on, now how about cutting those cans in half :D or maybe a set of two brothers oval cans on there they sound like a couple of chinnook helicopters coming in to land fuckin awsome is the word.
Oh and top dollar on the front end as well.
Have you thought about doing the chain conversion on it yet = more power to the road or strip as the shaft will shit its self if too much power is put through it. :)

indeed, have you ever thought about just starting with an IL4, instead of upgrading that to one :D

Iceman
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Welcome aboard Rob. Nice VMax.

alfiestorm
04-03-2007, 09:32 AM
yeah

Gix11
04-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi Mate. Welcome abaord. If you wanna catch up with a few of us make it to Shayne's BBQ on the 10th March in Nerang on the Gold Coast. See the SE QLD events section of the forum for details.

damo1
04-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Velcom i realy have a soft spot for the vmax and yours is a real nice one i love the rear end and the r1 front suits it real well.

Hows she handle now?

Slingblade
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Really bloody nice max mate.

Did you need to lengthen the forks??

Is that an exactrep rear wheel or did you get a standard wheel machined for the offset??

Top work. Let me know if you ever think about selling.

kneedragger
04-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Here's a few things that I have done.
Ducati USD front end
Billet triple clamps (finished by Ben from Extreme)
Twin headlights with billet clamps (not fitted)
Brembo brakes
Brembo radial master (top be put on when it arrives this week)
Digital speedo/tacho
Samco silicone hose set
Billet bar clamps with Yamaha tuning fork engraved on top
Drag bars
SportMax lowered and covered seat
Taylormade fibreglass rear end
LED tail/brake light
Rear wheel is off a Yamaha Diversion, but have since reverted back to std wheel as it looks a little chunkier and seems to balance it better. Also the circumference of the 17" wheel made it rev a little too much for me on the highway but it did go like shit off a shovel from the lights! Be good for the drags..
Swingarm/footpegs/fork bottoms/wheels powdercoated
Painting by me
Have opened the engine to have a look and make sure it's not going to go bang and it all looks good, so it stays standard for the meantime. If I don't sell it then a big bore kit is on the agenda.

Fuel tank is the standard size and it's range is only 160klms which is not too much of a pain as I find by the time I have ridden something like Mt Glorious I need to get off and have a rest anyway. Requires a bit of concentration getting the big girl round those corners :)

Is it for sale???? [?]Depends on how much I get offered as everything is for sale at the right price. Gets me thinking what I could build next?????.......:D

Rocket
04-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Fuck Rob, that's pretty special mate.

That's a nice tail and front end.

pesh
04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
nice lookin max m8 .. WELCOME ABOARD ... love the black

BillyWhizz888
05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Dont you just love those twin pots :D

welcome to the madness mate

ozpete01
06-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Damn gotta love the max`s, the only thing u need to make it any better is a chain conversion and a turbo mate, excellent choice of ride

BOHEMION
06-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Welcome aboard mate!

What part of Brissy are you in ??

Were you the bloke on the Max at QR just before Xmas??