PDA

View Full Version : Getting work done on your bike in SA

alfiestorm
27-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I am toying with the Idea that once I have settled in SA that I might re-start my motorcycle repair, servicing and accessories business as I used to in the UK.

So It's time for a bit of research if you chaps would be so kind.

Are there many trust worthy places offering this service north of Adelaide and would or are anyone concidering having some repair/service work done on there bikes.
What are the current hourly labour charges being charged at the moment by other bike workshops.

Who or what company supplies to the trade oils/filters etc.

Alf

geesexar
27-02-2007, 10:12 AM
mate i mainly deal with jap motorcycle dismantlers...most dealers have repair/servicing..but charge shitloads..theres shops pretty well scattered thru out adelaide, but with good service and most importantly customer relations and a rider/owner of a shop could go down well...last time i got work done at JMD i think it was about $20 an hour labour but i cant swear by that for sure

Greeny
27-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I think the average rate per hour is more around the $65 mark. Geesexar if you can get that rate then i am going to have to come down there with you!

Adelaide is in need of a good, non-factory style workshop. JMD are alright, but i have had some good and bad experiences with them.

WATEVR
27-02-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah wayne last time i was there they where $60/hr but there are quite a few options just the budget that decides. a few race orientated places around very good but very exspensive.

alfiestorm
27-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Is looking like it might be a possibility from what you guys are saying at the moment :)

geesexar
28-02-2007, 06:03 AM
shit come to think of it...i musta bin on the drugs[:I]

alfiestorm
28-02-2007, 07:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by geesexar

shit come to think of it...i musta bin on the drugs[:I]

Can I have some It feels like I need some after going through all that red tape to get my visas but hey it's done and all I gotta do is get there now and get rolling.

Whats it like for costs of business liability insurance [?]

revken
02-04-2007, 09:10 PM
race bike services have been good to me so far.

veetwo tls
13-04-2007, 07:52 AM
murraybridge is expanding rapidly. mt barker has finished expanding & its now here. its about 85 - 90 klm approx 1 hr drive out of adelaide on the murry river. there is one dealer here bridgelands - yamaha , suzuki & honda . there customer service has droped right off NO COMPERTITION. heaps of new shops in the industrial area up for grabs IE: cnr of adelaide rd / maurice rd & hindmarsh rd all main routs for fraight.

were looking at a premises our selves ROODOGS 4WD SPARES ;)