PDA

View Full Version : rockape sez hello

rockape76
23-02-2007, 12:07 PM
hello members, im new to the board im doing some research into powerplants for a future project
and look forward to speaking with you all

23-02-2007, 12:11 PM
How's it going boong :D

What sort fo project you thinking about?

Iceman
23-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome aboard Will.

rockape76
23-02-2007, 01:18 PM
im looking at building a dyo drag bike ,nothing outrageous something just to work on kepp me out of trouble and get me going in the bike game, im new to it all but have mechanical tuning experience from my car/drag days......

ozpete01
23-02-2007, 01:22 PM
hi rockape, what sort of powerplants u looking at using?

rockape76
23-02-2007, 02:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozpete01

hi rockape, what sort of powerplants u looking at using?

thats what im here for some advice regarding donks, im after something between 250-750cc thats readily available from the wreckers and well backed by the aftermarket....
i have a bit of a soft spot for eighties air cooled donks due to there simplicity and robustness.....but im not against putting in a later model motor......but busa motors and such are out of my league as i have a limited budget...

Gix11
23-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi mate. Welcome to the mad 'ouse. I can tell you now that you're going to get bombarded with the same response, and that is get as big CC as possible mate to make it worth your while. There's lots of strong power plants mate, but one that has been used for years as a drag power plant is the GSX motor, but everyone knows that and they are hard to come across. Depending on just how far you want to push it, you could always go for the GSXR 1100 motor which is also very strong and has been a favourite with most on here (you can get the oil cooled or the water cooled model). These are the stand out motors for me but I'm sure a few other will have other choices.

ozkat
23-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey Rockape welcome to ASF,where on the Gold Coast are you? There are a few of us on here. DYO drag bike, thats the way mate. Hey Si, lots of dragracers getting on here, you might have to start a dragbike part of the forum :D. I have a couple of DYO dragbikes in the shed now.

23-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I`ll be straight[:X]neva been a straightliner[8)]but have built an engine or 2;)at racing level it will cost the same(if not more)with a lower capacity;)to run at the nice end of the field[:p]wot i will say is this[8)]spend as much time as you can on sites like these B4 you"grid up"[^]this helps you in some way to be aware,search old pages in here[^]we will help;)

Gix11
23-02-2007, 07:43 PM
You know what Shayne, I might just have to start a drag racing section - well, considering we have a stunt section which is hardly used. In fact, fuck it. I'll do it now.

There. Done.