PDA

View Full Version : 'Ello from the Lowlands

Rene EFE
18-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Hiya.

My names René, i'm a streetfighterjunkie from Holland. I've found your site trough a link on OSS on wich i've been a member for some years.

There are some utterly stunning bikes to be found here. I've been into it for 'bout 10 years now (i'm 24, i was early) and at some point you think you've seen it all, the 916-seats, VFR-singles. But the Judge, for instance, OMG :D. And to think that, to me, you're all on an isle that is absolutly as far away from the epicentre of SF-building, it's pretty amazing. Maybe that's the reason that bikes over @ your place are as original as they are, there's not much to copy, or is there? I'm just lurking about for a day now but i still haven't found a bike that bore me, well, ecxept for the H#nda's :)(bear with me, my english isn;t what it used to be)

Myself, i know a lot of technical stuff, that's what you get from reading SF-mag for 10 years, but haven't really built my first proper bike.

My first bike was an '86 EFE wich i got before even getting my licsence. I broke it apart as soon as i got it and eventually sold everything seperatly except the engine because i could get my hands on a modded Kat.

Then i got my first Runabout, a Bandit 400. I sold that after a month 'cause if i kept running it like i did (redline all the time) it would have blown on me in another months time.

Got a Gix 750 after that wich got the grinder at some point and that is currently waiting in the shed to have an 1100-motor fitted.

Then i was goig to switch jobs and i wanted a cheap runner insead of my car and i searched the marketsites for a GS500 or something like that for about, well, a day :D. I'm a bit of a Suzukifan, if you hadn't noticed. The search turned to 11's and another EFE turned up. Went to look for it, minter. I HAD to have it, but had to find a way to fund it. I still had the EFE-motor out of the one i broke for the Kat but since the frame of that one was already modded for a Gixxer engine i hadn't fitted it yet. There was no pint in having 2 bikes with the same motor, i thought, so it had to go. They fetch quite good money. I sold it to the guy who is building the Spondon-Kat rep on OSS.

A while later a also got my hands on a half build EFE wich i'm gonna build up from parst that i have to spare, which are quite plentyfull.
R1 swinger, the 750 motor out of the gix, some forks. Should be fun

But, as said, i know a lot but haven't put it to good use yet. I'm currently building the Kat to go on Holiday to the Isle of Mann TT (longtime dream) with the help from Ron (the Spondon-Kat builder). He's looking over m shoulder to see if i do everything right. It's already on wheels and it's even een on show in Germany at Fighterama, on the OSS-stand. It's got an 1100 fitted and will be running 4-2 exhaust with dampers of what comes up.

The EFE will stay stock for the time beeing but i've alrealdy got USD's off of a 1100W (the long un's) and a lengthened swinger is also on it's way, along with 17" wheels. At some point it will also be turbo'd but that'll be a few years before i start with that.

The Gix will be a 7/11 showstopper at some point but that's all secondary and the other EFE, well, i already pointed that out.

Now, let's see if i can get some pics up :)

Ta, from Holland.

René

Rene EFE
18-02-2007, 11:42 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/99993031068686.jpg

The Kat on show in Germany. I've also got a complete original bodywork for when i get bored of the camouflage

Rene EFE
18-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah, it worked [8D]

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/99993031052965.jpg

The 750 as it stands. A 5.5" wheel in the back for decent tire-choice. The damper is now even shorter, 'bout 20 cm long. Itcan set of car-alarms at 50 meters :D

Rene EFE
18-02-2007, 11:48 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/999930310135745.jpg

The EFE as it stands. Totally as Mr. Suzuki intended it except for the square headlight but i've already found the original dinner-plate size one that belongs there.

Rene EFE
18-02-2007, 11:52 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/99993031066133.JPG

And the EFE project along with it's bro's :D

19-02-2007, 03:37 AM
How's it going Rene, welcome to the site. Nice collection of bikes to start with, I'm another big old skool fan my self.

And nothing wrong with you're English mate, compares well to the best on here, including locals.

Large
19-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Hi Rene, Welcome to ASF.

Love the Kat.

WATEVR
19-02-2007, 12:13 PM
welcome aboard rene, nice looking old school beasts you have there mate.

Gix11
19-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey Rene, welcome aboard mate. Glad you found us. Awesome collection of bikes mate, most people will be envious.

BillyWhizz888
19-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Hello Mate

got any photos of people with the fingers in Dykes :-)

19-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Welcome Rene...are you single?...?

Rene EFE
20-02-2007, 03:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Welcome Rene...are you single?...?

Tnx for the warm welcome.

'Bout the single-bit; yes, I am single but not voluntarily. Shes gone for a few weeks now and that's pretty much the reason everythings on hold for a while. My motivation went way dwn when she left and i'm struggeling at the mo' to get everything together. I'll manage tough, with a lot of help from friends all will be alright.
What also helps to have the collecion i have is the fact that i live with my parents and work 70 hours a week. No costs other then my car and the bikes

Gix11
20-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I think it was a bit of Davo humour as to why he asked you if you were single mate. He likes your bikes so much he wants to marry you, or something along those lines. By the way, he's NOT gay.

Jockney Rebel
21-02-2007, 09:51 PM
hi rene nice bikes m8 whereabouts in the netherlands r u

Rene EFE
22-02-2007, 03:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I think it was a bit of Davo humour as to why he asked you if you were single mate. He likes your bikes so much he wants to marry you, or something along those lines. By the way, he's NOT gay.

I kinda figured that later. I thought it had to do with how you would explain 4 bikes in the shed to your spous :D

I'm 20 minutes from Rotterdam

ozpete01
23-02-2007, 01:27 PM
hi rene, welcome to the wild side, excellent set of bikes,