PDA

View Full Version : Fools Run Departing Friday.

God
18-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Hello Everybody!

As it is looking like there's gonna be some Vic ASF tripping out early on the Thursday and some havin to do the ride on the Friday, thought I'd start a separate thread for the Friday crew.

At the risk of further confusin things, I suggest the possibility of a third option - depart after work on Thursday and do 3hrs or so on Thursday night.

I'm happy to do some co-ordinating.

Anyone interested in

1. Stupidly early Friday departure?
2. Thursday night departure?

God

Iceman
18-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I was think'n a 9AM Friday departure from Benalla, so if you guys can get here either Thursday night or Friday morn'n we can head straight up.

If you decide to come Thursday night I can't really fit anyone at my joint, but will be able to organize something, whether it be at my mate's place or a cheap room at the pub.

Deano
18-02-2007, 10:34 PM
what route are you taking?

are you guys sticking to the freeway to get there that early or just planning to ride for 15hrs straight?

remember that a pack of 20 bikes with riders of varing skill will not be that quick. in the end the group will only be as fast as the slowest rider.

i was thinking

wednesday meet as healsvillle
alexandra
merton
mansfield
whitfield
oxley
bright
tawonga
kiewa
tallangatta
granya
walwa
corryong - total KM 550 (vertually same as day 1 of 2006 fools run)

thursday
corryong
cabramurra
tumut
gundagai
young
cowra
bathurst total 512km

Friday,
meet sydney crew at bathurst or wherever and follow them to dubbo.

approx 350km.

i am difinately up for sugestions but i want a fun ride and not have to ride for a stupid amount of time every day rushing for lunch and not been able to stop for long etc.

these will be fairly easy days if we have fine weather. the main goal when looking at this route was to be able to meet the sydney boys on the friday morning and been able to go around the race track at bathurst.

we may find that we have a couple of groups going up depending on how many holidays etc people can get. i have off from wednesday to wednesday so i am sorted.

Iceman
18-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I can get the time off work no worries, but as I've mentioned before it's my daughter's birthday on the Friday and I'm still in the shit for missing it last year so I'm going to be there for breakfast at least this year.

God
19-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi Deano,

Your suggested way is brilliant unfortunately I don't fly back into Melbourne to collect the bike until Wed/Thur and most likely will have to fly out stupidly early on the Tue after the AFR, so I don't get the luxury of a scenic (fun) tour.

Hi Ice,

A 9am departure on Friday from Benella sounds like a plan.

TurboKat
19-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I've been roughly planning it in my head to leave Thurs. say, 7 a.m. do a big day of 'round about 800-850 Ks of good twisties, stay at a pub somewhere (bumfuck nowhere is OK) then do a bit more highway on Fri. to get to Bathurst & meet up with those less fortunate, do a few laps, get some pics & head to 'The Dubb' hopefully via some more twisties (I'll speak to Mundy at the Supers & get the Walers on the case to find some decent roads between Bathurst & Dubbo) then find out what Si, Devo & Oz have in store for us [:p]
Probly best we set up a Vic. <s>pissup</s> meeting for the W/E after the SBK to discuss options - who's available?

Foxy
19-02-2007, 11:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat
Probly best we set up a Vic. <s>pissup</s> meeting for the W/E after the SBK to discuss options - who's available?

That being March 10th?? I'll make sure I am available.

I've got the Wednesday off as well, I'm with Deano, prefer to take a bit of time do a few less K's per day and enjoy it.

Though I am now officially bikeless [xx(] The Z just got picked up and is on its way to NSW as we speak. I hope to have another bike before to long.

God
19-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Foxy,

I've got two that would look great at your place...LOL!

Foxy
19-02-2007, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by God

Hey Foxy,

I've got two that would look great at your place...LOL!

Not on my budget!

21-02-2007, 07:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

(bumfuck nowhere is OK) who's available?

errrrm yeah. Guess we know who lent his 'toiletries' bag to Fimp last year :D

And what's this do less K's to enjopy it bollocks. You're supposed to be on streetfighters, the faster you (ergo more k's travelled) should be the enjoyment indicator

:D

I dunno, bloody Mexicans

TurboKat
23-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey Foxy, do you have Foxtel at your joint?

Zed14
02-03-2007, 04:58 PM
deano it's not 15 hrs to dubbo. its only 20 to bris.

02-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah, even whereis puts it down as 9 hrs. I used to drive melboune - canberra in 6 hrs back in 98'

Zed14
02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
its 20 in a b double if you mexicans cant do it quicker on ya mopeds youse are fucked.

Iceman
19-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Alright, just check'n who's actually leaving for the fools run the Friday.

At this stage it's God, me and my mate Paul.

Any else tagging along?

Booster
19-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I'll try to hook up for then too , not positive i can make it yet so not booking just wing it on the day..

Iceman
20-03-2007, 03:18 PM
We'll be passing near your place Greg, so if you end up com'n it won't be much of a drama to catch up on route.