PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Soft

studley
09-02-2007, 05:13 AM
What does a saddle soft pomme have to do to get a ride down under ?

Tell 'Si' I will be in the neighbourhood at the end of June 2007.

[8D]

WATEVR
09-02-2007, 08:25 AM
geeeezzzzzzz i sure hope motorbikes are involved......welcome aboard anyways

Gix11
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Studley! No way!
I'm going to be in England from mid May to mid June this year to catch the TT and Donnington so it should work out fine. I'll see you when I get over there.

I might just point out to you guys, that if it wasn't for Studley, there would be no ASF. It was Studley who sold his MR2 one day and bought an FZ600 to my surprise, and let this lumbering fool who had never ridden anything other than a FS1E 5 years before on it. He even watched me drop it on myself in a car park in Weston-Super-Mare, walked over, hit the kill switch and said "you got it down there, you get it back up again" and walked off. He even went to hospital with a dislocated shoulder thanks to my inexperience. This man is a legend.

Welcome aboard mate. It's only taken you 2 years!

studley
09-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Gix11, that will take some getting used to.

We have moved to Teeside, Jackie is getting the spare room ready as we speak. Get me on my private e-mail. My mum is still in the same place in case you need to eat while you are over here.

I dont think it was inexperience more like sweaty feet, oh and the Guinness.
[8D]

Gix11
10-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Those socks were somethin' else weren't they? Mind you, I did like your method of submerging them in a sink full of water. They smelled even worse when they came out of the plastic bag I put them in, all moldy.

TurboKat
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Well Studley, it seems we are truly indebted to you... or at least we now know who to hold responsible.
Are you still riding?

studley
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
No not riding at the moment, turbokat when I found Gix11 he was just a drunken pedestrian. It seems that we have swapped roles.

Having ridden bikes on and off for 28 years I am now in the enviable position of being born again, maybe in Oz.

WATEVR, sorry about the unfortunate choice of phrase I can see why you were so worried.

[8D]

BOHEMION
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey Studley, Welcome aboard! sounds like you can share some pretty awesome tales about Ol'Si and urself there.

10-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Welcome Studley.

Amazing what you find at the bottom of a bottle sometimes eh. :D

Jockney Rebel
10-02-2007, 10:36 PM
hi studley trade secrets time eh?

Gix11
12-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh shit. Now I'm in trouble........

ozpete01
23-02-2007, 01:40 PM
hi studley, u a cider drinker too? lol

Gix11
23-02-2007, 02:40 PM
He wouldn't touch the stuff mate. Warsteiner was his drop after being stationed in Germany with the RAF. Mind you, there wasn't a lot he wouldn't drink.

ozpete01
23-02-2007, 04:54 PM
damn gix, need more loopy juice drinkers here

Jockney Rebel
23-02-2007, 05:10 PM
i like a bit o der warstiener but prefer bitburger

23-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Czech Pilsener is my most preferred, haven't really tried any German equivalents, but it's supposed to be just as good.

Jockney Rebel
24-02-2007, 01:58 AM
chalkie kraut beer is great for gettin pissed on no massive hangover in the morn.they do a beir called weisbeir made from maize its a bit of an aquired taste but its cheap and strong

24-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Might have to start checking out he local bottlo's for some german stuff and check it out. Then maybe visit Germany one Oktober for a festival eh :D

gibbo
24-02-2007, 12:18 PM
No headache from German beer[?] I was at the octoberfest years ago, drinking out of those 1 litre stiens, pissed as 10 men, stumbled out of the place with one of the stiens shoved up my jumper, I was sure no one could see it:DI think they just took pity on me. Fuck knows how I got back to the hostel but I woke up the next day still with the stien up me jumper with the second biggest headache of my life[xx(]. Go back tomorrow if I had a chance though:)

Jockney Rebel
24-02-2007, 02:57 PM
gibbo ..ur a soldier m8 anybody whos survived the oktoberfest deserves a medal
i got a headache too but none of that hughie and ralf stuff i cant abide being sick thats why i hate getting too pissed
the krauts aint allowed to put anything but hops barley yeast and water in thier beer its the law there

geesexar
26-02-2007, 03:58 AM
hey studley welcome...as for german beer..yum..frankenbiker it should be the law here too..no fukin chemicals..no hangover..its the law at my brewery(home brewer)and my bar serves some of the finest weissbiers that ive tasted..done a beer along the lines of a Bavarian beer called hoegarrden made with orange peel and crushed coriander seeds...fukin magic...had a 14 hour session on it..jumped up in the morning and went for a ride and felt like a spring chicken

studley
05-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Yes, the chemical hangovers were a nightmare !

In my twilight years I prefer a nice red wine, its good for the Alzheimer's.

[8D]

Gix11
06-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Twilight Years! At 45? Any excuse to cover your red wine craving is fine with me. I'm the same mate, and it helps to live in the same house as a bloke who's girlfriend works with the wine department at Fosters....... (By helps, I mean it's dangerous.....)

BillyWhizz888
06-03-2007, 09:43 PM
On Ya Studley...

keep posting those secrets!

In fact.. what about a secrets thread! I am sure we al have something over someone :D

Jockney Rebel
06-03-2007, 10:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by geesexar

hey studley welcome...as for german beer..yum..frankenbiker it should be the law here too..no fukin chemicals..no hangover..its the law at my brewery(home brewer)and my bar serves some of the finest weissbiers that ive tasted..done a beer along the lines of a Bavarian beer called hoegarrden made with orange peel and crushed coriander seeds...fukin magic...had a 14 hour session on it..jumped up in the morning and went for a ride and felt like a spring chicken
where abouts are u geex i might have to visit ur hostelry in due course ..for scientific comparison u understand ..:D

studley
07-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Gix11, no surprise to hear you are living with a bloke !
That's how we started, remember ?

Anyway, somebody said you had lost your hair.
How are you going to do your big girl act with no hair ?
[8D]

Yea, I do seem to have a habit of crashing at other people's places don't I? Just seemed mad living in my own place as it was so big for one person so I rented it out. Now at least I don't just talk to the walls for company. Yea, the hair has gone and as for the big girl act, I'm guessing you mean the old head flick from the 80's?

geesexar
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
jim im in adelaide any time your over this way drop in for a couple...scientifical comparison of course

studley
08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
A warning to the innocent.

One day this homeless stray asked if I could put him up for a few nights. Being a kindly natured sort of course I agreed to take him in. A few nights turned into a few weeks which turned into a few months, I think he got quite settled.

I had this cunning plan to see him off, I would take him down the pub every night and when he couldn’t stand the pace he would leave.

When both my bank account and kidneys failed, I distinctly remember pissing blood thinking ‘this is not going too well’. (Apparently it is called a kidney flush, when your organs are soaked in alcohol they stop processing blood and pass it straight through. You should try it some time its quite enlightening). That was bad enough but the feet were something else !

Eventually he moved on, even today when I think about it I still get a touch of the DT’s

[8D]