PDA

View Full Version : Steering a Stoppie

shift1313
06-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Anyone decent at this? Ive been working on it awhile but it doesnt seem to work out right. I can kick the rear to the side but that seems to be very bad, especially at speed. Ive heard things like just lean into the turn. Ive heard give a bit of input on the bars. The only thing i havent done yet is tweak the bars like whipping an mx bike. Im not willing to try this on my street bike but i can ride them from about 50mph on my drz which is nice and light. Id like to be able to steer it and eventually do a 180.
any help?
thanks

scotty mac
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
mate if i had some advice i would pass it on. i'm still at the rolling stage..:(:(

jubuntu
12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
im not sure if its one of those things u can explain... grab yourself an old dirt bike... get on some grass and go for it. i recommend starting on a dirtbike to anyone that wants to stunt.

shift1313
13-02-2007, 01:21 PM
i started in motocross, problem is i dont have a mx bike anymore. I have a dual sport. Ive gone over the bars on my mx bike trying to ride the front wheel down hills, and very fast in the dirt, wasnt too pleasant. this is every effort I had to try and steer the thing.
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/drz/stoppie1.ASF

ill keep at it when it warms up, if i figure it out ill be sure to post something about it:)

puppet
15-02-2007, 08:02 PM
You need to have it up higher and slow it down, to much speed to steer it.Kind of like a wheelie at balance point as opposed to a wheelie relying on power and constantly accelerating. More control.

shift1313
17-02-2007, 09:37 AM
that vid wasnt the best rep. I do get it up higher. You have any techniques to share? I wish it wasnt so cold out!

vtr420
18-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Look forward keep your arms straght an as locked out as you can, steering is all about body weight you have to countersteer but because your on your front wheelie

IMP-INC
29-04-2007, 06:30 PM
shift1313: well depends on what ya want to do, for example
if its kickin the rear out to the left, you turb the bars slightly to the left, to correct the turn, i know this might sound fked but you do slightly go off angle. then all you do its counter balance your topp half of your body and steer it a lil the other way.. wallla
you ca steer stoppies. might take a while. but im getting mine 150footers easy now. would love to go more. but i dont want to kill my new bike... all in good time. i posed my stoppie vids. in the vids section