PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England !

HOS
06-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Hello all,

I`m HOS from England, one of the Busa riding nutters, just bought my 5th Abusa and I`m well into streetfighters, been in SF magazine a few times and have been politically active here for a few years.
Been riding for 36 years since I was a kid and do all my own spannering on my bikes and cars usually.

Been trying to find the escape tunnel outta here for a while, but having had a nightmare bike smash 5 1/2 years ago, I am still having surgery and treatment, so best hang on here in the UK a while longer.

I`m one of the regulars at our local drag strip and want to do some rwyb for 1st time this year, when me Busas prep`d and ready.

Have a good few mental biker mates here and we know how to abuse our bikes and the law generally.

Gix11
06-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Nice one Hos. Welcome aboard mate. With the time difference most of the lads are in bed just now but I'm still hovering about. There's loads of ex-pats on here mate and also some still England/UK bound members. Get some photos of your ride up sometime. Cheers mate.

Rocket
06-02-2007, 02:30 AM
hi HOS, welcome along.
We'll look forward to seeing some pics of your bike/s.

Large
06-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Hey HOS, Welcome to the madness

Iceman
06-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Welcome aboard HOS.

geesexar
06-02-2007, 06:22 AM
another pom!!! gday hos welcome aboard

03gixxerpilot
06-02-2007, 07:50 AM
welcome to the madness HOS

BillyWhizz888
06-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi Hos welcome to the madness

where you from in the UK
I was from Lowestoft / Sufflok before I came to me senses [8D]

HOS
06-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Oldskool Brummie biker here, living in east of England now.
We go up to the beach at Hunstanton past Kings Lynne at weekends, biker meeting every weekend... chill out zone... no chavs.

G`day to all the Ex pats !!!

Come over from DTP to say ELLO !!!!!

You want photos of my Busa ?? Yeah ??
Well you`ll have to wiat a bit, its in many bits all over the shed floor :D

Looking at a supercharger for road use later this summer.

HOS
06-02-2007, 05:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/97761601545243.jpg

Thats the pre-modified stage when I bought it late last year, its moved on a way from there allready.

catchmeifyoucan
06-02-2007, 08:43 PM
wlecome aboard mate..

Jockney Rebel
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
awhite HOS ows it goin mate ....are u a baggy ? im another ex pat from ..er glasgow/londonish

BOHEMION
06-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey mate Welcome aboard! Theres a few busa lovers in here. Tony Nitrous (asf member) is currently stripping one back at the moment.

HOS
07-02-2007, 01:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

awhite HOS ows it goin mate ....are u a baggy ? im another ex pat from ..er glasgow/londonish

Sorry mate, I`m a total philistine when it comes to footie.

Me Dad who passed away last year (Vincent owner and rider)
worked for James and Velocette in the 50s and early 60s, before it all went tits up in the Brit bike industry.

We moved further away from Brumigum as me Dad found work, but I never sold out on being a Brummie lad !!!! Proud of it !!

Can`t wait to get out here though, don`t wanna be part of Commie Europe. I like the Aussie style when it comes to Nationalism.

Back in hospital soon, they only just discovred I badly broke my left ankle in my bike smash 5 1/2 years ago, so they wanna have a looksie and get the Dremmel in there soon :D

HOS
07-02-2007, 01:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Hey mate Welcome aboard! Theres a few busa lovers in here. Tony Nitrous (asf member) is currently stripping one back at the moment.

Cheers mate.

Have you got a section for fightered Busas ?
I only know a few good busa fighters over here.

GR`s Busa turbo is one of the bikes I like.

MDM
07-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Ere, they'll let bloody anyone in here!

HOS
07-02-2007, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by MDM

Hello mate !!!!! Nice to see you.

Small world for the regulars hey ? ;):D:D

alfiestorm
07-02-2007, 02:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by MDM

Your right there MDM I have just got my visas and i'm off to OZ quite soon and away from this rather chilly (fuckin freezin) land and taking my bike with me :D

Oh shit where's my manners
Hello HOS another busa nutter

HOS
07-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Arrrghhhhh... Big roads in Aus for a Busa alfiestorm !

Got to get my professional qualifications back on board ASAP.
I used to be a freelance project manager/ design consultant in the construction industry here pre-smash. Running projects up to £600m as a freelancer. Shit money, but no time to get bored, went with my Busa, fast on your feet thinking ;)

alfiestorm
07-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Yep them roads sure look big from what I have seen.
I just have a lowly gixxer1216 it used to be the 1100L model still got all it's fairings on and is red and black but I have done shit loads to it. At the moment it has 168bhp at the back wheel which keeps me on my toes.
When i get out to Auss I am going to build a gixxer based fighter and also purchase something else maybe a busa who am i kidding of course it's gonna be a busa and turn it into a drag bike for fun, maybe with a turbo if i can afford it.
I will have a sports bike for fast road and twisty bits and a fighter for scaring old ladies and genral hooning about and a drag bike for going stupidly fast on oh and not to forget the weather to actually go and enjoy it all.
When I have achieved that I will be in my biking eutopia :D:D:D:D

After a good mornings thrashing about on the bike it will be back to the homestead to relax in the pool with a stubby or five :D:D:D:D

Jockney Rebel
08-02-2007, 03:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

I used to be a freelance project manager/ design consultant in the construction industry here pre-smash. Running projects up to £600m as a freelancer. Shit money, but no time to get bored, went with my Busa, fast on your feet thinking ;)

HOS me young bro is workin in auckland doin the very same thing $30 000 000 road job he just jacked his job in for amec and got on a plane ..and there lookin for designers...if u like ill get the firms details loadsa poms workin with him too mainly from ...Hull???!!

HOS
08-02-2007, 04:21 AM

quote:Originally posted by HOS

HOS me young bro is workin in auckland doin the very same thing $30 000 000 road job he just jacked his job in for amec and got on a plane ..and there lookin for designers...if u like ill get the firms details loadsa poms workin with him too mainly from ...Hull???!!

Been talking to Anders Elite one of the big construction agencies in UK and Oz, but till my surgery is done and a few other things sorted I can`t bail out ;)

My life went tits up bigstyle 5 1/2 years ago after my smash....
my Ltd Company went down, my 20 yr marraige went down, nearly died twice on the same day, had 4 major orthopedic operations since and now posess £12k worth of semi-permanent internal titanium CAD-CAM engineering :D
My compo claim has only just been settled this Christmas.
Need to live somewhere warm and relatively free away from people generally... you know?

BillyWhizz888
08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
best paid jobs are in WA

Lots of red dirt to check out

Some mean lookin local chicks

but you get to ride the longest striaghtest roads anywhere in the country hahahaha

Gix11
08-02-2007, 01:45 PM
You sound like you'll have to do a Barry Shean mate. He used to live down the road from me here on the Gold Coast until he was taken from us too soon by cancer. He moved to the heat to save his metal from giving him pain as well.

Jockney Rebel
08-02-2007, 08:55 PM
bazza he used to be my hero gp racer even tho i rode yamahas i reckon we should have min silence in march ..

alfiestorm
08-02-2007, 11:43 PM

bazza he used to be my hero gp racer even tho i rode yamahas i reckon we should have min silence in march ..

Nah not a mintes silence more like a minutes burnout would be more fitting me thinks [8D]

Jockney Rebel
09-02-2007, 12:46 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/32182834412001.jpg
nuff said

Jockney Rebel
09-02-2007, 12:48 AM
sorry HOS i hyjacked yer thread mate [8D]

HOS
09-02-2007, 02:44 AM
Heat is the general idea and not so cold damp winters.

I teach CAD aswell, been using Autocad for many years, I run full version 2004 and 2005 here at home. Piece of piss when you get the hang of it. I have taught a few guys from scratch to fairly proficient in no time.

Want to write a couple of books and spend some time chilling out.

10 days after 9/11:
I was left unconscious under my 1st Busa in a deep ditch at the side of the road, my severe injuries dictated I would have died within the hour.
Car driver who hit me never stopped and with no witnesses I was a gonna for sure. Mind you I was a 23 stone powerhouse of a guy, been weight training and fitness training for many years. That was one of the main survival factors in the accident. The nurses joked with me in the Truama ward afterwards, if I`d have been a small guy on a 750cc bike I would have died on impact ! :D
I managed to lift my bike off me when I regained consciousness and got my cellphone out, I dialled 999 and it took the emergency services 1 hour to find me where I lay, by which time I was sliding out the back door. The Air Ambulance couldnt see me from above all that time. I had stitches and 2 morphine shots in the ditch before they strapped me in a neck brace and the body board, threw me in the chopper and then straight to ER.
Had a major op within 6 hours under spinal block to put three 110mm x 6mm titanium self tappers in my left femur, but nearly died on the operating table whilst still conscious, still remember it now. Lungs full a fluid meant they couldnt use a general anasthetic.

Pigs here couldnt be arsed to look for the person who did this, one of the reasons I hate the pigs here with a consuming passion.
The only visit I had off the pigs was 12 weeks after my accident when they came around to check if my written off Busa had legal documents, thats all they did. Never took a statement from me, never completed the accident report, tried to deny they had evidence of the car that hit me and then tried to lose it.

I get a bit angry at times its another legacy of the smash.
But I am a decent guy, just dont pick a fight with me ;)[:o)]

Jockney Rebel
09-02-2007, 07:07 PM
fair enuf...i understand how u feel about the old bill if it had been one of them the geezer would be in chains

alfiestorm
09-02-2007, 11:37 PM
20 years ago my cousine joined the police force in london. The day after his passing out parade bollox at Hendon He came round to My house to show off his medal thing and to brag he was in the police force now.
Before he could finish what he was saying I told him to shut the fuck up and never cross my path again and that is how it has been ever since.
I refer to him as the WANKER

HOS
10-02-2007, 04:06 AM

fair enuf...i understand how u feel about the old bill if it had been one of them the geezer would be in chains

Absolutley. I know the "system" here VERY well and how the stinking shitpile works ;)
MPs/ House of Lords/ Royalty/ Top company Directors/ Freemasons / Judges/ QCs / Senior Police / Old school tie boys / Top medical consultants / Senior civil servants / Government advisors ... etc...
All part the special "club" ... they do WTF they like, the man on the street pays for it. They make the laws and then apply them to suit themsleves. Corrupt as **** and most of us know it :D

I play the system at its own game. I hang the authorities on their own professional legislation ;)

Jockney Rebel
10-02-2007, 10:40 PM
just brings to mind a certain case involving a courier[mate of mine ] and a umarked police car southern end of westminster bridge ,,officer fukin dibble apparently responding to a urgent cal in a unmarked minimetro t boned me mate put him out of the game for 4months lost his house cos of it and had a hell of a job gettin compo