PDA

View Full Version : QLDers plan for April Fools Run

BOHEMION
05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Wonderin what everyones plans are getn down to April fools run?

zx12argh
05-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not... Cant get a firm answer out of my mates - They sort of shat themselves when I said it was in dubbo. Mind you they ride motards ;)

I know this the wrong thread but is there still rooms available?

BOHEMION
05-02-2007, 01:35 PM
ASk em if they wanan swap rides every few hours then??? I'm happy to help out with that.

zx12argh
05-02-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm trying to convince him to bring his van down as a support vehicle and he can chuck his KTM in the back. Offering to pay 1/2 his fuel and bugging him is starting to wear him down... He's a student like me but even more broke...

jakam04
05-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Are people leaving bris on Firday morning to do the ride in one hit? or are you guys going to leave on thursday and finish friday?

Ive almost organsed for work to let me have friday off. So if Im able to go, I wont be able to leave till early Friday morning..

Jarrod

crazymofo
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
i have put in my notice for time of work. its all good.

im expecting you lot to do nymboida, dorrigo, thunderbuckets, oxley, putty etc... all the good roads.

i'd also like to know if we are doing a 2 day trip down or 1? either way is fine with me.

cheers.joe.

05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
2 days there...3 days on site...2 days back for me,at least .
Thunderbolts Hwy and Buckets Way should be renamed thunderbuckets.Im thinkin inland roads to Walcha,then do the Oxley to Port Macquarie, Pub n piss n sleep then ride to newie(3.5 hours),pick up soft cocks,head south west therough Singleton,Sofala,Bathurst...pic up other Sydnery limpon dicks.Do a big skidmark .arrive at Devo's strip club by 3pm. redeem free headjob voucher.Drinkm beerm,smoke ice,talk shit,Im going to bed now

KRASH
06-02-2007, 09:08 PM
I was thinking of Leaving here Wednesday,Thursday tag along with whoever is leaving out of Brissy...

At the Moment it's just me coming,And I"m working on the Wifey...
We just sold our house and have to be out in the Begining of April...[}:)]

Gix11
06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Yea. I'm leaving on Thursday from the Gold Coast.
Tony, tell Di she has to come as who else is going to call me cupcake so I can forget again? What's happened to Gerard? Has he got his dick caught in some scales or something? Don't be a soft cock Stockmeister, and where's the bloody sheep shagger? He was keen as in 1770! No excuse is good enough ladies. I'll have a chat with the geezer that owns this place but I reckon I can put up a few from up North for the Wednesday night. Between me and a few others we can cover all of you so no excuses. You can't let just Tony come down by himself!

There is at least two cars that i know of that are travelling down from the coast zx12argh so your mate could convoy down with them if he wants to take the shaggin' wagon instead of the bike.

jakam04
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Im on an evening shift which finishs at 11pm Thursday night so thats the reason I couldnt go with you and the rest of the guys Si...

I will be able to leave on Friday and can meet people on the Cunningham Hwy near Yamanto at a specified time. Anyone thats leaving on Friday and is planning on travelling down to Dubbo on the Newell (which hopefully means less cops) let me know and we can orgaise meeting times.

Jarrod

ozkat
06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I reckon there will be 2 groups leaving Brissy/Goldcoast. 1 on Thursday and 1 on Friday. Ill be leaving on Friday morning EARLY and doing the trip in 1 day. As i cant get the Thurs and Tues off work. Anyone interested in a marathon Friday and Monday let me know, or ill be doing it alone.

jakam04
06-02-2007, 09:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

I reckon there will be 2 groups leaving Brissy/Goldcoast. 1 on Thursday and 1 on Friday. Ill be leaving on Friday morning EARLY and doing the trip in 1 day. As i cant get the Thurs and Tues off work. Anyone interested in a marathon Friday and Monday let me know, or ill be doing it alone.

Mate,

Had a look on Travelmate and worked out that its 890kms for you to go from coast along to Boonah and meet the Cunningham Hwy at Aratula.. I sure we could meet there early on Friday if you like...

Jarrod

zx12argh
06-02-2007, 10:53 PM
quote:
There is at least two cars that i know of that are travelling down from the coast zx12argh so your mate could convoy down with them if he wants to take the shaggin' wagon instead of the bike.

I will continue to proposition him... not the dirty kind ye beggars.

Will have to see if the uni budget allows - fuck I hate calling broke - last year of engineering tho. [8D]

BOHEMION
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM

Cool mate I'll do the Friday run[8D] Who else is in for the run! 1 day of all day riding will make that beer at the end of it taste better:D

ozkat
07-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Boh if its a Friday run it will have to be all HWY or we will never make it in time

BOHEMION
07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Thats cool mate,fine by me, Practice for Cairns at Xmas. Plus i can extend my holiday an extra 2 days if i delay it 1 day.

crazymofo
07-02-2007, 07:24 PM
id do the friday run, but..

i HATE highways... im going thursday too!

cheers.joe.

BOHEMION
07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

id do the friday run, but..

i HATE highways... im going thursday too!

cheers.joe.

known you, ud start travelling down the median strip outta boredom

evad
07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
how long do you recon it will take (hrs) if you run down in 1 day? Those that are leaving Thursday how far are you going on day 1 and where are you stopping over, Newcastle?

zx12argh
07-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Just out of interest - does anyone know how much this weekend cost not including fuel... not counting riding around dubbo my bike'll cost 180 bucks in fuel alone damn big block.

ozkat
07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by evad

how long do you recon it will take (hrs) if you run down in 1 day? Those that are leaving Thursday how far are you going on day 1 and where are you stopping over, Newcastle?
Dave i reckon it will be a 10hr ride inc fuel stops. And that at non licence loosing speeds. Depending which way we go. I have no idea other than the Pacific HWY. Maybe someone else knows better, tho im not keen going via Goondawindi. That at least 3 hrs directly west from here. Maybe Pac HWY to Grafton then the Summerland Way but i have no idea after the turn off to Dorigo. Im thinking about leaving at around 4am Friday if anyone needs a bed on Thursday night you are more than welcome to stay here at my place (Nerang)

ozkat
07-02-2007, 08:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Just out of interest - does anyone know how much this weekend cost not including fuel... not counting riding around dubbo my bike'll cost 180 bucks in fuel alone damn big block.
Pete if its going to cost you $180 in fuel (and my fuel bill wont be any cheaper 1350 GSXR) id bank on around $500 for the whole run if your careful with money. Thats everything tho.

evad
07-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Shayne sounds good I think that I will be friday aswell, I have never been further down than coffs so I will be following you guys, lol.Hey new bike looks good, any mods before fools run?

ozkat
07-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Dave, like i said if you would like a bed for Thurs night your more than welcome to stay, that inc anyone else as well. 4am start would be ideal that should get us to Dubbo by mid afternoon without pushing it.

jakam04
07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Ok, so we are leaving down the pacific hwy are we? with a 4am start its gonna be an early rise for me lol...

Jarrod

evad
07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Thats cool Shaynr, 4 am is deffinatly the go get a good start before it gets to hot:D Ill let you now a bit later about crasing at your place on Thursday night.

BOHEMION
08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
4am is too easy mate..

jakam04
08-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok, so its looking like there are the following people leaving from GC to go down to AFR on Friday at 4am.

Ozkat,
Bohemian,
Evad, and
Jakam04.

Looks like a good trip..

Jarrod

Rocket
08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm in on the Thursday run with Si.
I have booked a Bandit 12 that I have to pick up in Noosa so I'll grab that on Wednesday evening and ride down to the GC to meet up with Si and whoever on Thursday morning.

Si, what time you planning to leave ?

Gix11
08-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Anyone that knows me will tell you that if I say 8 it means 9 and so on so I'm not the best for giving times.

I reckon Davo will be the time keeper.

I think we should choose a route down (Mark and Terry are good for this job - is Terry still doing it Mark?) and find out where we should aim for the first night and that should give us a leaving time. Who's coming down with me, Davo, Krash and Rocket? I think Huddo will be with us as will Kye but I'll have to confirm.

Supercharger? What's happened with the licence mate? Puppet, get your finger out and type. Dez and Kaye?

All Thursday leavers shout out now.

zx12argh
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Pete if its going to cost you $180 in fuel (and my fuel bill wont be any cheaper 1350 GSXR) id bank on around $500 for the whole run if your careful with money. Thats everything tho.

Yeah figured about that. Well unless I get an insurance cheque between now and then I wont make this years :(

Pick me up a T-shirt so I can pretend I was there [:p];)[:o)]

crazymofo
08-02-2007, 05:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Anyone that knows me will tell you that if I say 8 it means 9 and so on so I'm not the best for giving times.

I reckon Davo will be the time keeper.

I think we should choose a route down (Mark and Terry are good for this job - is Terry still doing it Mark?) and find out where we should aim for the first night and that should give us a leaving time. Who's coming down with me, Davo, Krash and Rocket? I think Huddo will be with us as will Kye but I'll have to confirm.

Supercharger? What's happened with the licence mate? Puppet, get your finger out and type. Dez and Kaye?

All Thursday leavers shout out now.

im in for thrusday too.... nerang maccas 9am?

cheers.joe.

08-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Nerang Macca's 8AM...Blast Off no later than 8.30 Thursday Morning.

I'm easy when it comes to the root,but further we get the better.We'll book somethin if theres heaps of interest.

Rocket:you need to be picked up from Maroochydore Airport,or need directions to the bike hire joint,just yell out.Welcome to stop at my place mate

Krash,plenty of room here if ya's wanna stay on the way down or back.

I'll be leaving the sunny coast at about 5.45am.

...and i'll ring Pumpit.

Rocket
08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks Davo I think i got it all sussed. Just tell me where to meet you in the morning and I'll be there.

Gix, you booking accoms in Dubbo ?
I'll take the flash digs thanks.

suxukifreak
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
We are leaving around 4 or 5 am on the friday in the ute with the 1400 in the back. I'll be bringing extra straps just in case. ;)
There is room in the back if anyone wants to throw stuff in.

ozkat
08-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Des, why not ride down and leave the ute at home?

suxukifreak
09-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Cause if i ride, i will be 2 up and with all the stops ( Kays sore butt ) it would turn into a 12 hour tour.

p.s. and it might rain [V] ;)

Supercharger_Mark
09-02-2007, 06:51 AM
si
i go to court on the 6th of march and pending on the judge, 6mths loss or work licence, eather way i'll have to go to AFR by road barge, (i wont one of those fucken shirts)
i was going with ozcat in his car but he just bort himself a mint slaby and is now riding, thats unless (she who must be obayed) gets her own way and makes him drive.
so if someone out thair is road barging it, & has any room, i'm happy to through in some bucks for fuel.

Gix11
09-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Robby already thinks you're going down with him mate in the ASF gear wagon. I thought you must have spoken to him. He's planning on coming down on the Thursday as well mate so tell your boss to stick his job up his arse 'cause you have a mission from God to attend to (or something like that anyway).

Rocket - still waiting to hear from Devo and Jim about accomodation. Looks like it might have to be a book your own set up at the hotels suggested. Hopefully I'll hear soon.

09-02-2007, 04:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Thanks Davo I think i got it all sussed. Just tell me where to meet you in the morning and I'll be there.

mate,are you stayin at the Goldie or Sunny Coast on Wed night.

ozkat
09-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey Si, is Beaver comming down this year?

Gix11
09-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Hmm. Not sure. I doubt it as he reckoned the ride to Macksville killed his back, so this would be out of his league. I'll check though.

Rocket
09-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I can do that. No worries.

12-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Be warned that its a days ride from my place[:X]I wood like to be exiting LUVLY Newie at 8am[8D]:D

Rocket
12-02-2007, 09:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

mate,are you stayin at the Goldie or Sunny Coast on Wed night.

Sunny coast mate.
Will catch a bus up from Vegas, check into the hotel, go and pick up the B12, practice some wheelies and I'm ready to travel.

12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I'll mail ya.

Ok, its probly a 10-12 hour ride to Newie from Nerang(unless we dont fuck about).Its also a solid ride to Dubbo from Newie.Mad has a brilliant root planned for the Dubbo run,will pick up the mexicans and syndey's at Bathurst after a few hot laps, so its best we get as far as possible on thursday.Preferably all the way to Newie as we can camp at Mad's tree house for free.
anyone interested in an earlier start to beat the peak hour traffic?

Gix11
12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Terry has a route planned as well but not sure if it's going to correspond with going to Newy? He said he'd post it soon so we can see the suggestion.

Robbie popped his head in here (my office) earlier as well and said he'd be leaving on the Friday after all with Supercharger Mark on board so we won't have a support vehicle with us (not that we really need one anyway though.......) so you might want to tee something up with him Shayne?

Rocket
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Davo, I'll leave at whatever time you think is best mate.
I haven't done a 12 hour day in the saddle for fuckin years so this should be good.
If that offer of a bed is still open I might take you up on it.
No use staying at a hotel and then booking out in the middle of the night.
I have to pick up the bike from Aussie Bikers, Venture Drive, Noosaville.
Is that near you ?
if it's too far I'll just get a hotel and meet you on the road soemwhere.
I'm easy either way.

13-02-2007, 06:33 AM
I`m gonna talk to Turbopuss at the Supers;)& all going to plan hope we all meet at Bathurst near lunchtime[^]that will give us plenty of tme to head north[:p]the back way[?][?][?]Mudgee,Gulgong,Dunedoo & Dubbo at about 3pm[8D] all good:D[8D]

Gix11
13-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Here's Terry's plan as posted somewhere else:

"I've got a route picked out for the way down. Plan A will leave Nerang, down the Mt.Lindsay H'way through Kyogle to Grafton. From there to Armidale via Ebor then to Tamworth. As Large said a couple of laps of the Oxley H'way would be nice. From Tamworth through Werris Creek, Coolah, Dunnedoo then Dubbo. Any worries just drop me a line, I hope to be at Ozkat's barbie on the 10th of March with a few more details"

suxukifreak
13-02-2007, 06:02 PM
On the sunday (1st April) i've got plans of doing a ride to Bathurst for a couple of laps and do the tourist thing in Bathurst. 2 hour ride there, lunch and then back to Dubbo.

jakam04
13-02-2007, 06:08 PM
How much does it cost for those few laps? Id love to do it just for the sake of saying Ive ridden around it lol

Jarrod

ozkat
13-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Costs nothing , its a public road.

Gix11
13-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Nothing. I rode round it on the way back from PI just before the Bathurst races.

Large
13-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Costs nothing , its a public road.

Costs nothing...unless the plod catches you

:D

13-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Sounds like we should be organising an informal race then ;)

ozkat
13-02-2007, 06:27 PM
The only race ill be doing is to the Bar.

jakam04
13-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Im in for a few laps if that could be added into the timetable somewhere... for me it might be my only chance lol..

Jarrod

13-02-2007, 06:33 PM
1 lap blind, ie no practice laps, no running the course before hand, checking maps etc. Just turn up on the day and go for it.

Then everyone fuck off fast before plod figures out what's going on :D

crazymofo
13-02-2007, 09:12 PM
i like the sound of that chalky :D

tho, would be a good idea to have a bloke who is sensible (doubt thats anyone here lol) to go sus the plod situation, as ive heard, its a fave copper haunt, due to clowns like us going there, and play racing lol.

cheers.joe.

13-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I know we'll have Iceman do a run just before us.

The cops'll never make a speeding ticket against a GS500 stick :D (pssst cover up the turbo Ice)

jakam04
13-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Be good if someone knew whether the plod there were bike fans lol... someone sympathetic to our needs lol

Jarrod

TurboKat
14-02-2007, 08:09 AM
I tend to think if the local Bacon see a hundred STREETFIGHTERS roll thru town & turn off towards Mt Panorama, they might put 2 + 2 together & come for a look :(
(either that or they'll fuck off back to the station & hide under the desk until reinforcements arrive [^])