PDA

View Full Version : Whats the plan for AFR ?

sharky
02-02-2007, 07:56 PM
So whats the plan for this ? Route ? What day are people leaving ?
Wifey asked about it tonight, 'cos she's gotta book time off work.

TurboKat
02-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Dunno 'bout you Rusty but I'll be riding my Motorcycle up there. [:o)]
We'll have a get together soonish to disgust details & get a <s>root</s> route organised :D (I'm such a child)

sharky
02-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Funny that...so am I...But yeah, we'll have to sort out summat. Would you be heading up this way (hume) and then across ?

TurboKat
02-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I'd reckon that'd be the go mate, not up the Doom but we'll pick up you & Sarah, Ice & ?Booster? somewhere & continue on our merry way.
Looks like it might be an even bigger turnout from Vic, this year. :)
I REALLY should start work on my bike sometime soon. [V]

sharky
02-02-2007, 09:54 PM
You leaving on thursday and stopping off somewhere or planning to be big and tough and do it in one hit ?

TurboKat
03-02-2007, 10:36 AM
The very basic plan at this stage is to leave Thursdy, do some good scenery & twistys (possibly the Snowies) put in maybe 850ks, stay at a Pub somewhere (or possibly even Cam Berra to pick up "The Troublemaker") & then spend Fridy doing a bit more highway stuff to get to Dubbo mid arvo. After that it'll be a weekend of mirth & merriment, me spanking Ozkat's arse in some sort of (presumably drunken) dragrace, drinking Dubbo dry & generally getting up to mischief & skullduggery. [}:)]
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of interesting roads along/around the Newell Hwy route so we'll be going a few hundred Ks out of our way to find some worthwhile roads - small price to pay really.

kevkatana
03-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Sounds good turbo. As long as the missus doesn't drop a bundle of arms and legs around then I should be going. Take two days to get back or do it in one hit? Sucks doing heaps of Ks with a monster hangover. Is anyone taking a car to put gear in?

Deano
03-02-2007, 12:36 PM
i think that we had best get our arses into gear as it isn't that far away.

anyone else got some plans?

sharky
03-02-2007, 12:36 PM
That must be the real scenic route TK, The routeplanner says Mel CBD to Dubbo is 821k's ?

sharky
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
quote:Is anyone taking a car to put gear in
Yes ...You Kev if the sprog is born....along with nappies, bottles, breastpumps, more nappies....etc etc

sharky
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
So how many of you boys down south of Mel are heading to Winton ?
Could meet up at my place to discuss it on your way back down ?

TurboKat
03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Unsane mentioned the possibility of the lovely Amy (his better half) taking the family truckster up, not confirmed yet.
Would be excellent if we had a support vehicle this year, Gibbo & Sue were life savers last year, them having the wagon meant we didn't have to carry shit loads of crap on our bikes/backs.
Sharky, I don't reckon anyone would be keen on the 821km route, it's straight up the Newell Hwy & would be about as exciting as riding a Yamaha ;)
Dunno about the return trip Kev, highway is definately preferable with a hangover. Whether we do it in 1 or 2 days is up for discussion & I'd reckon weather could play a part as well.

kevkatana
03-02-2007, 04:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Yes ...You Kev if the sprog is born....along with nappies, bottles, breastpumps, more nappies....etc etc

No chance. Marcy won't be coming. A bit to much for 8 months preggers. I've got a leave pass:D
The bubs isn't due till the end of April but can never be to sure.
Cass was induced a month early. The same weekend as the moto gp. I still fell like kicking the shit out of that doctor:(

Foxy
03-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Set a time and date to get together and work out a rout. Ill try my best to be there.

I may be taking a car at this stage. Hopefull not though!!!

Large
03-02-2007, 05:45 PM
I reckon everyone should meet out Bathurst way for the run to Duboo

TurboKat
03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Exactly what I suggested Rich, be good to do a lap or 10 & get some pics of all the 'Fighters on the track.
You coming to the Supers or what?

Iceman
03-02-2007, 06:35 PM
It's my daughters birthday on Friday the 30th of March, and seeing as I was away for it last year, I might be pushing shit up hill to miss it again. At this stage I'll be heading up on 30th after having a birthday breakfast with my little girl.

Large
03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

Exactly what I suggested Rich, be good to do a lap or 10 & get some pics of all the 'Fighters on the track.
You coming to the Supers or what?

Don't know yet, I've been on hoolidays this week.

I'll axe the crunt next week:)

sharky
03-02-2007, 07:33 PM
quote:I don't reckon anyone would be keen on the 821km route, it's straight up the Newell Hwy & would be about as exciting as riding a Yamaha, You'd have to keep stopping for us Kwaks to catch up

To true mate, but my fuel economy would improve riding with you ;)

04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey Ladge yoor starting to type like me[:o)]good to see;)makes life interesting[:X]TurboPuss i`ll bring down my seasoed map(paper)& we`ll talk about meeting at Bathurst at the Supers`[8D]:D

TurboKat
04-02-2007, 11:41 PM
You're on mate.

banditR1
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
i am 99% going!!! will be great to see lots of streetfighter bikes all together-- i am prob driving down and taking my bike also!!!

:D

Gix11
05-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Nice one Marisa - Jo will have another girl to ride with.

latheboy
06-02-2007, 09:21 AM
I just got the friday and monday off work .. woop woop .. and my trip OS to that big hill has been put back a coupla weeks too .. IM THERE ...

Nudieboy
09-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Good morning gentlemen,
I shall be attending the fool's ride also. As discussed with turbo a meeting place around seymour would suit. Also I will be attending the supers. Unsure as to whether I will get down on the friday night or morning , Darren have you got my indicators yet?

sharky
09-02-2007, 09:09 AM
quote:As discussed with turbo a meeting place around seymour would suit.
Well that would be bloody convenient :D
What the plan for overnight accom. en route ?
Pub :D/B&B:)/Nature strip [:0]???

Gix11
09-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Nudie Boy! Good on ya mate!

Iceman
17-02-2007, 01:15 PM
quote:Original post by Sharky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As discussed with turbo a meeting place around seymour would suit.

Well that would be bloody convenient
What the plan for overnight accom. en route ?
Pub /B&B/Nature strip ???What's the go kiddies? We have'n a meeting or what?
If you guys are gonna sort it out at the Supers, let me know what you come up with.

Gsxar
19-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey Strangers :D or is that strange people:D

We are hoping to come so u better be taking some semi decent roads ;) Going to be last minute pains in the arse due to both having work commitments blah blah[V] etc we are trying to get out of.
Is there a car going up for gear or is it going to be back pack all the way?[|)]
Jo & Ross