PDA

View Full Version : track day

Jockney Rebel
02-02-2007, 06:12 PM
a mate of mine put an idea in my head ......and no it didnt die of fukin loneliness....
anyway ive never done a track day and he was sayin if we got enuf ppl together we could rent the track exclusivly [dunno which one] for the whole day
now all you expert racers out there will no doubt educate me as to why we can or cannot acheive this
so any takers ? i need info like insurance ,requirements on riding gear is it the same ACU regs back in uk as to which lids etc u know the sort of stuff:)

RUSS M8
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Well, if you are in NSW the only track I would think about starting to consider is Wakefield Park. Eastern Creek and Oran Park would cost tens of thousands, if you could even do it???

Worth giving someone a call at WP though, website is www.wakefieldpark.com.au i think...

Jockney Rebel
03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

a mate of mine put an idea in my head ......and no it didnt die of fukin loneliness....
anyway ive never done a track day and he was sayin if we got enuf ppl together we could rent the track exclusivly [dunno which one] for the whole day
now all you expert racers out there will no doubt educate me as to why we can or cannot acheive this
so any takers ? i need info like insurance ,requirements on riding gear is it the same ACU regs back in uk as to which lids etc u know the sort of stuff:)
cheers russ ill ask me mate which one he was on about....

Zed14
04-02-2007, 05:22 AM
if you wanna do wakefield park the new owner is said to be resurfacing it so wait till then bit rough at the moment.

Iceman
04-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Wakefield park was bought by the bloke who owns Winton.

RUSS M8
04-02-2007, 09:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

if you wanna do wakefield park the new owner is said to be resurfacing it so wait till then bit rough at the moment.

It's called "character"

Jockney Rebel
04-02-2007, 11:10 AM
character ...hmmm thats what the old man used to say when we were mixing his muck for him at 14 "its character building son" lol i used to live 5 miles from Brands and never took advantage of it ...so ill give it a go and see if im as bad a rider as i think...i used to earn me livin slicing traffic up all day so ive picked up a lot of bad habits.....

damo1
30-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Leave your brain at home and get into it i say;)

If it could be organized at a far rate it would be a blast getting all the fighters together for a day at the track.[:p]

Jockney Rebel
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
tru damo btw uv got mail got a q for ya

damo1
24-04-2007, 12:04 PM
any more news on this track day stuff im keen as and recon it would be sweet to hit the track with a bunch of other fighters:D

Jockney Rebel
24-04-2007, 05:12 PM
its wakefield park that me mate was enquiring about im seeing him tomm ill ask him if hes got any further with it

bensrg500
07-07-2007, 10:46 AM
fellas you are definately on the right track! wakefield is the go and make shure you let me know my trackbike aint no fighter but i got a group of mates that will definately be keen!!We have been discussing doing this ourselves for a while!!

Jockney Rebel
07-07-2007, 11:57 AM
ok we ll have to organise this ......ill try and get some definate numbers and do some figures ..

damo1
07-07-2007, 01:05 PM
[:p][:p]doit

RUSS M8
07-07-2007, 06:34 PM
if you go, count me in. Prolly bring both bikes, roady, and a "propper" race bike ... hahaha :)

Cruisecontrol
07-07-2007, 09:05 PM
I have at least three mates and myself that would be definite starters.

bensrg500
04-08-2007, 07:52 PM
its gunna cost at least $3000 for a week day and around $4500 for a sat/sunday!!

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 12:34 AM
ta ben thtas cheaper than i thot any restrictions on numbers? my mate is getting some details ..so far ive got about 20 pencilled in for this ...but u know what its like ...thatll probably turn into 15
i reckon 4500 /20 =225 each not bad for a whole day
ben do u know if that includes the ambo and ins ?

Nudie
05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I'll be in it. Got a few non 'fighter mates who'd come along to make up the numbers i'm sure!

Russ

fimpBIKES
05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
how far is it from newcastle?

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
its about 100odd ks for me [im in gosford ] so 160 for you ish

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 09:54 PM
so we ve got interest...illdo some calls and see about time scales and money and that
correct me if im wrong but wakefield park is to the west of Sydney just incase anyones askin

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
heres the prices ive got so far :
Hire Fees
Accommodation

5 Villas available:
6 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Large Lounge Living Area (per Villa)
Accommodates 2 People per room ( 12 persons per Villa)
Cost:
$50 per person per Night
Utilities:
Bed Linen and Towels provided
Kitchen: Bar Fridge, Microwave, Kettle, Clock/Radio, Tea/Coffee
[u]Speed off the Street Days (Open Practice) </u>

$100.00 for the day (cars) & $110.00 for the day (bikes - weekdays) $140 for the day (bikes - weekends & public holidays)
$50.00 for a Wakefield Clubcomp Licence valid for 12 months
Helmet hire available for $20 per day with a $50 Deposit
Track Bookings

Weekdays $2,050 per day
Saturdays $3,600
Sundays $3,800 (and public holidays)
Insurance cover is mandatory where the track booking sub-books others onto the circuit. (Please call for more information - speak to Garry Willmington directly)
NOTE : There are mandatory requirements if timing is used (please call for more information)

[u]Options on Standby </u>

Ambulance $495 per day
Water Truck $165 per day
Control Tower $150 per day
Tower Timing Room $55 per day
Tower VIP Room $55 per day
Fire Extinguishers $11 each per day + recharge $99
Crash Rescue Vehicle $330 per day
Fire Rescue Vehicle $66 per Day
Recovery Vehicle $165 per Day
Or Recovery per Tow $33
Wood Flour & Brooms $16.50 per set
Witches Hats $2.20 each per day
Overnight Security Guard $33 per hour
Flags (per set) $11 per day
Tilt Tray Recovery $200 per day
what d ys reckon ..i reckon this may make a perfect venue for a future AFR as well:D

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 11:01 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/64545359648458.gif

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 11:04 PM
the only downside is ...no burnouts allowed :{

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 11:24 PM
oh and heres another alternative ..maybe worth thinking about

Speed off the Street Days
Wakefield Park also offers Speed off the Street Days, where road-registered street cars and bikes can run on the circuit for a small fee. Drivers/Riders can learn how their vehicle can really perform, in order to better understand how to control their vehicle on the road.

Just bring yourself and your street car and for just $100 per day or your road bike for just $110 per day (week days) you can experience what it's like to Drive/Ride around a race track. Drivers need to wear appropriate attire:

Approved road use helmet (also available for hire at track)
Neck-to-wrist-to-ankle clothing protection (could be long sleeve shirt and long pants)
Closed in shoes (cover ankle to toe)
During the lunch break at some of our Speed off the Street Days, the V8 Challenge cars are available for Drives or Rides to anyone wanting to experience a Drive or Ride in a V8 Racecar.

SPEED OFF THE STREET DAYS

Drive your own street car $100.00 per day or road bike $110 per day (week days)
Wakefield Park licence $50.00 (annually)
Helmet hire available for $20 per day with a $50 Deposit

CAFÉ OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
*prices subject to change without notice

damo1
06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

ta ben thtas cheaper than i thot any restrictions on numbers? my mate is getting some details ..so far ive got about 20 pencilled in for this ...but u know what its like ...thatll probably turn into 15
i reckon 4500 /20 =225 each not bad for a whole day
ben do u know if that includes the ambo and ins ?

I recon thats a bit pricy @ 225 you could do a day at eastern creek for less than that and it would be closer for most and you dont have the fuck around of having to organize it.

And if you use the right organizers youll even get a discount on a group booking and im sure we could get 30-40 bikes there easily.

Or another opion is oran park cheaper again.

Just a thought im still very interested in any track day time with knee on deck is never one to pass up.

Ill just need the dates well in advance so i can organize work.

Deano
06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
the thing is though if you book out the whole track you can ride as long as you like.
also if you use other companies you ride to their rules, no wheelies no stoppies and no burnouts.

would pay a little more for the freedom any day

Jockney Rebel
06-08-2007, 06:52 PM
i see both of ur points
im willing to go with the majority tho i cant see a problem doing both to be honest
as far as dates go im not free till after xmas anyway but i dont mind doin the legwork for an earlier excursion ...also im totally open to ideas and advice remember ive never bin on a track before [unless u count Londons north circular orbital ]
as far as burnouts etc are concerned i dont think they re allowed at wakefield anyway

RUSS M8
09-08-2007, 06:59 PM
If you do a circuit breakers day at Oran Park for example, there will be no probs with a few wheelies or whatever. Eastern Creek are abit up themselves (but fun track). Just gotta get my Bandit back in one piece so I can get out there! :)