PDA

View Full Version : Coffs Harbour

gibbo
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Heading up to Coffs on the weekend, any thing we should not miss whilst we're there? Spending the week from the 5th, any good stuff going on?

dazz
01-02-2007, 09:06 PM
coffs wharf from 4.30am. Nothing like fresh prawns straight out of the boiler.lived there for a while and was a security guard,used to go there after work and help guys unload trawlers and get really cheap seafood, only thing I miss from the area. Ride out to Dorrigo and Dangar Falls, great roads. Georges Goldmine on a 4X4 tour? Some of the lookouts have great roads through banana plantations. Go to the tourist centre:D and get local maps

Gix11
02-02-2007, 01:04 AM
If you're really unlucky you might catch something like this:
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_coffs-2005.asp

God
02-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey Gibbo,

You know you want the BIG BANANA!

EXBEN
02-02-2007, 04:59 PM
I Spent a few days at Coffs last year & was a bit dissapointed. Everything touristy seems to have had it's day. I took the young fella to the big bannana & it is all really run down. :(
The Zoo as well. Shame really I remember going there as a kid & It was a lot nicer. Was in the 80's tho.

02-02-2007, 05:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

I Spent a few days at Coffs last year & was a bit dissapointed. Everything touristy seems to have had it's day. I took the young fella to the big bannana & it is all really run down. :(
The Zoo as well. Shame really I remember being sent there as a kid ,but then i escaped. Was in the 80's tho.
:D

gibbo
02-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Good one Ben, I'll have a close look at the cages and see if I can find your name on one, I'm guessing something simian?