PDA

View Full Version : going to court, advice wanted...

catchmeifyoucan
26-01-2007, 10:01 PM
anyone been caught riding with a suspended license, recently got booked, long story short, i thought i had my license back, but turned out i was 2 days shy of having it back. going to court any advice on what they might fuck me for, fine loss of license tme etc...

27-01-2007, 06:53 AM
In the ACT, and I beleive it's the same elsewhere now, it's a mandatory 12 months, and not elligible for a work license. The tarmac Nazis of the state Govt's have set it up this way in order to guarantee there pork-barrelling funds.

alfiestorm
27-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Whats this work license thing chalk co's if ya get a driving ban here in the uk thats it your banned from everything for the duration of the ban which can really fuck you up

Kamakazebusa
27-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Same happened to me dude.....going to court on the 20feb. got done for Manner driving dangerous to public and driving whilt suspended.

last time i fucked up like this they cancelled my licence for 2 years and then made me pay a few thousand dollars for the Police beer fund. Theres a possible weekend detention in it for (minimun security at Silverwater or Parra prison) u if urv'e been bad or community service

On my 12 cancellation ( over 16 years of driving) at the moment and havn't seen the inside of a cell yet........HAHAHAHAHA beat that.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like i give a fuck bout the law. Been driving cancelled b4, nothing new.

27-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Alfie, over here yoou canm get a license for work only purposes if you lose you're license and can prove that a work one is required. At least you used to be able till the Labor Govt's figured they could screw the public for more ethnic/fag loving pork barrelling funds.

alfiestorm
27-01-2007, 08:19 AM
I think thats a good way about things at least you can keep your license for work and keep paying your taxes and rent/mortgage and stay off the dole.

It's false economy if the governments think that by banning people completely from the road for speeding a few times etc and imposing huge fines that they will make money, they have got it totally wrong as all that will happen is the person they banned will more than likely lose everything and then become a financial burden to the state which will have to eventually support them which costs fucking big time.

I forget how much the uk government is losing per week but it is millions of pounds in lost taxes due to people losing their driving licenses not thru drink driving or other serious driving offenses but thru accumulating 12 points on the license and getting a ban from speed cameras.
There are so many speed cameras in the uk now you could go visiting friends and family get caught by speed cameras at just over the speed limit four times without knowing it and wham a few days later no license and if you need your license for work well thats just tuff shit.
You lose everything.
Some people are even being put in prison which costs the tax payer over £200 per day to keep them there.

You would think the fucking stupid governments would fuckin well realize how fucked up the system is.

Thats me all ranted out now

:(

Sorry catch for hijacking your thread

27-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Yes Alfie, but here in Oz the federal Govt gets the taxes, and the State Govt's get the speeding fine revenue. So the State Govt's don't give a fuck, unless of course you're ethnic, indigenous, queer or some other sort of minority they can pork barrel votes from.

I mean let's face it, it just so much more important that a bunch of fags can play at being in a real marriage than someone be able to earn a quid to support there families.

alfiestorm
27-01-2007, 08:46 AM
dont it make ya wanna burst into parliament and shout out o'i you NO AND SMACK THE CUNTS HEADS IN WITH A BASE BALL BAT.

beer now

catchmeifyoucan
27-01-2007, 01:20 PM
my records not to good, in 4 years iv'e lost 30 demerit points, nothing im proud of, wont get of my p's untill 2010, now im going to court on march 6th, im expecting 2 years loss because of my record.. fuckn cunts!!! anyone know of a good lawyer in vic for traffic offences??

megareg
27-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Sounds like the pommie govt want to send out all their "convicts" out here again!!... who knows, maybe the pommie cricket team will defect to us here and learn to play properly... nah... dreaming again...

megareg
27-01-2007, 01:24 PM
I have not been booked since 1989, that was when I had my Laverda RGS, bloody suspension was rock hard until 80k's

27-01-2007, 01:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by megareg

I have not been booked since 1989, that was when I had my Laverda RGS, bloody suspension was rock hard until 80k's

You obviously ain't ridin' hard enough then is ya

:D :D :D

I've been caught 3 times at one intersection. it's one as you leave the centre of Canberra, where that thieving fag stanhope lowered the speed limit just prior to installing the cameras. They collect 520 tickets a day from the one intersection, in a town with a population of 300,000. That's 3500 per week, 175,000 per year, more than one ticket each for half the population. Bunch of thieving, vermin pandering, traitorous dogs in govt here, and the AFP are nothing more than their money garnering lap dogs these days.

catchmeifyoucan
27-01-2007, 02:01 PM
everytime ive been caught its been at an intersection, 1 or 2kms past where they were sitting with the hair dryer, and they all been undercovers.. and the last time it was 2 cars and one pulled infront of me and one next to me, didn't evn know where they came from...

Fiend
27-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey Catchmeifyoucan I think from what you said with the fines etc you should change your username to "Beencaughtandgoingtocourt" Sounds more like your current situation. LOL...

catchmeifyoucan
27-01-2007, 02:33 PM
LOL...thats a good call fiend.. ill think about it..

tacky1
27-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I got done for speeding here in The USA and got banned for 12 months, I got a cinderella licence so I could go to work, If I remember I could drive from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday. If I got caught outside this time I had to serve a three month sentence which is probation for the twelve month ban. Not that the ban ever stopped me from screwing around on the bike... :)

Got caught doing 135mph in a 55 zone.. :)

cutcat
27-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Hey Tacky, I think I have one of those cinderella licences. After midnight my bike turns into a pumpkin and doesn't start.

chadams
27-01-2007, 07:08 PM
catchmeifyoucan, good luck, from my experience nothing good comes' from going to court...

megareg
27-01-2007, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

You obviously ain't ridin' hard enough then is ya

:D :D :D

:D:D:D
Maybe not, but in all my years of riding, I have generally found that the police hang around those pesky speed signs as you enter towns and STRAIGHT roads, and, as you know, any tool can twist the right hand and *gasp* actually go fast and break the speed limit! I really like going fast around corners, I have found that police presence is somewhat reduced in the twisties so therefore, I take it easy on the straights and give it shit in the twisties.... it could also mean that I am blessed too, then again, I used to play Rugby in Queanbeyan and got to know the local police, funny how you meet your fellow players and they turn out to be the local police, happens in other towns I have lived in too! [8D][8D][8D] Then there was another time in the '70's when I was a bad-arse bikie scumbag, we used to drink with a retired copper at our local pub, I was doing 160 in a 60 zone.. copper arrested me and a mate, threw us in the back of the car, then the old Sargeant arrived and we were told to piss-off, no ticket either! Think I might be a little bit blessed chalkie, but, yeah, you could be right ;)

If you're going to court and your record is shit, get yourself some legal representation, you're gonna get screwed either way, but your legal eagle may help you get slightly less screwed, 'bout all I can say

hooligan
28-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Your record sounds a lot like mine, Catch. In NSW, when you ride suspended, it's a fuck you to the RTA. When you ride cancelled, it's a fuck you to the judicial system (which they don't like as much). I was busted with a cancelled licence, and got a 2year ban and community service (which was better than weekend detention), but no fine.
Even getting things as simple as character references from your boss/local priest/hooker will help. Maybe sell you bike to a mate,show the court you've sold it to remove temptation, etc.
Then buy it back. Or do what i did, buy a wreck, and start buying parts.

BOHEMION
28-01-2007, 11:23 PM
If you make a genuine plea you may get slapped with a 6 month suspension. My little bro was caught while already on a suspended licence so they gave him another 6 months instead of the full 12 months plus what he had left on his exsisting suspension. Not too sure what he used in his plea. Dont talk to him much..

catchmeifyoucan
29-01-2007, 09:17 PM
from all the people i've talked to and the stories iv'e been told, i dont know what to expect, my mate got caught riding with no license a couple of years back, the cops pulled guns on him cos they thought it was a stolen bike, they chased him for 11 k's down the freeway out frankston way, the only reason he got caught was cos he didnt know they were following him, and he pulled over for petol and thats where they caught him... he lost his license for 2 years and $2000 in fines

catchmeifyoucan
29-01-2007, 09:19 PM
and this cinderella license, as far as i know you cant get them here in vic, thats what i was told last time i was at court, and i had a good reason to get one, i was a baker, start at 2 in the morning, and it was 50k's to work, had to move house cos i couldnt get one!! WHAT A FUK AROUND THAT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 09:50 PM
well ive been in aus for 15 months and ive got more points here than in 10 yrs of ridin back home [an i used to ride for a livin]first time i took the old barn door out for a test ride the cops pulled me for..overtakin a car on the inside JUST before he turned right it was bloody obvious he was turning ..copper said that was a bit risky ..shit ive split lanes in london trafic at 70mph plus to get my wages...so ive only got 3pts left
shit scared to open the bike up untill i find out where they buggers hang out

catch i know fuk all about the judicial system here but ive done my fair share of court time
sounds like ur gonna get fuked but like our friend said get a brief then ull get less fuked
my bro in law is doin 18 months for car related offences ..speeding drivin with no licence etc
but he got done 19 times and has never had a licence he wont get his licence for 10 years apparently.....good luck buddy

catchmeifyoucan
29-01-2007, 09:56 PM
cheers for everyones 2 cents, its good to know im not the only one being fucked in the ass by the law...

29-01-2007, 10:32 PM
good luck bro,"i thort i had my licence back",won't work in court.Go see your local Docktor,he will diagnose you as having Bi-Pola disorder,you may be classed as "never to operate a motorised vehicle again" but at least you will be entitled to victim compensation for being issued a license in the 1st place.Sure its a long shot,but your arse seemed vulnerable to exberimentation.I think you will be a favourite amongst Australian Judge's.I hear they're lookin for a new character 2 star in "Whipping Boy 2".

30-01-2007, 03:48 PM
I rekon its` gonna be real easy to catch ya from now on in[B)]wot davo says is true:(wont stand up mate[xx(]im` thinkn` they are up to thier old tricks[}:)]they know you[}:)]in future buy a new helmet & paint ya bike pink[:0]

catchmeifyoucan
30-01-2007, 04:52 PM
i don't expect that excuse to work at all, but thats what happened, i got dates wrong...

catchmeifyoucan
30-01-2007, 05:51 PM
shit happens... what can you do... the only good thing that will come out of a long period of no license will be my bike, now i've got the time to spend getting it right... once it's copleted its fighter transformation im getting, pistons cams port and computer, should go quite nice when its done...

jubuntu
03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

my records not to good, in 4 years iv'e lost 30 demerit points, nothing im proud of, wont get of my p's untill 2010, now im going to court on march 6th, im expecting 2 years loss because of my record.. fuckn cunts!!! anyone know of a good lawyer in vic for traffic offences??

mate, u just have to cool it... riding that way is just going to always end in tears, and you will never be free of trouble. u just gotta change your thinking and your riding will follow suit.. but nothings going to change until your attitude has.

catchmeifyoucan
03-02-2007, 08:03 PM
quote:

mate, u just have to cool it... riding that way is just going to always end in tears, and you will never be free of trouble. u just gotta change your thinking and your riding will follow suit.. but nothings going to change until your attitude has.

thanks or the advice, but how do you know how i ride... i am young and do speed a bit, im not like most arrogent p platers, i dont think im the beez neez, and i don't think i can ride better then everyone, ive still got plenty of years experience to come... everyone says save it for the track, thats fair enough most of the time, but i dont drive a car, dont even have my car license, i ride rain hail or shine, the only reason i rode without a license is because i would lose my job if i didn't, and that means no money, no money, means i dont pay rent, bills, credit cards, loans, food, rego, petrol, and the list goes on... and most people dont by a sports bike to dilly dally around on the speed limit, everyone gives it a squirt now and then, some more often then not, i was just unlucky and got caught more often then not... shit happens, i gotta live with it not anyone else, theres plenty of other guys out there that have done similar to me, take kamakazebusa for instance, why dont you tell him what you told me, his wrap don't sound to good...

jubuntu
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
quote:
quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

thanks or the advice, but how do you know how i ride... i am young and do speed a bit, im not like most arrogent p platers, i dont think im the beez neez, and i don't think i can ride better then everyone, ive still got plenty of years experience to come... everyone says save it for the track, thats fair enough most of the time, but i dont drive a car, dont even have my car license, i ride rain hail or shine, the only reason i rode without a license is because i would lose my job if i didn't, and that means no money, no money, means i dont pay rent, bills, credit cards, loans, food, rego, petrol, and the list goes on... and most people dont by a sports bike to dilly dally around on the speed limit, everyone gives it a squirt now and then, some more often then not, i was just unlucky and got caught more often then not... shit happens, i gotta live with it not anyone else, theres plenty of other guys out there that have done similar to me, take kamakazebusa for instance, why dont you tell him what you told me, his wrap don't sound to good...

easy. im brand new here and was just offering advice based on my personal experience.. bad luck or not in the last 10 years Ive accrued exactly 0 points and no fines. true i ride conservatively but i also choose when to speed, and laways areas that i know well.

catchmeifyoucan
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
sorry mate, having a shit day... girlfriends sick, my bikes pissing me off, my sisters in hospital, for some reason unknown, so im just in a crap mood... i understand your just offering some advice, sorry to bite your heels mate...
ill start again...

welcome aboard mate, what bike you riding, the 250, or the zx?? and have you seen the pics of the 250stunters?? there not to bad...

catchmeifyoucan
03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
where abouts in vic are you??

jubuntu
03-02-2007, 09:20 PM
im in melb, but stuntings not really my thing. im passionate about bikes but they serve a purpose for me, i like geting places quickly,cheaply and in one peice. bikes are about enjoyment for me

catchmeifyoucan
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
fair enough mate, i was just wondering?? in in ashwood area melb, round the corner from turbokat...

speeddemon
08-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Ha!

I have been ridin 15 years and have never lost a point -I dont know how as I never actually do the speed limit - and yes i was the one leading the crazy stints up thunderbolts last fools run

banditR1
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
ah -- [}:)] my experience goes like this

i was suspended for 12months (hardest year of my life)for riding 157 in 50 zone- ANYWAYS - i kept on riding in defiance and cos that was my only form of transport- then around a month later i got caught by his cop friends- they knew me by my first name from that incident-- and girl riding in heels is kinda dead giveway -- heeheh-- well cut story short- got summons to court.

i had a really good lawyer who worked really well for me-included character references, my job description and how good a citizen i am- etc etc apart from the magistrate making me cry:(, she hammered me down for being so stupid--

i got off with paying the court fees and around $550 fine- no more loss of points or extension on the suspension - as the magistrate thought 12months was long enough !! and no criminal record or conviction cos i cant have one for my job

that was my first ever time in trouble with the law-- and hopefully the last!!

good luck and get a good lawyer-- mine was only one from legal aid (so i did not pay for legal advice) but she was great and really helpful.

cutcat
10-02-2007, 08:32 AM
So there you have it guys.........cry in court! Works every time!

10-02-2007, 08:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by cutcat

So there you have it guys.........cry in court! Works every time!

Only if you're wearing high heels butch

Fiend
10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
So catchmeifyoucan it looks like you've got all the advise you need.

1. Cry
2. Wear High Heels
3. Get a female lawyer
4. Have good Character references
5. Go dressed in "Drag" and pleed "Insanity"

Oh and kissing the judges ass usually helps to.

Good luck..

cutcat
10-02-2007, 01:58 PM
I think wearing drag on a streetfighter is insane enough, you won't need to plead insane.
Like that time FIEND, you got your dress caught in the chain.......so lucky it wasn't your scarf!

catchmeifyoucan
10-02-2007, 05:11 PM
red stilettos or black??

10-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Short skirts are always better Fiend, unless you weigh 25 stone of course :D

And red might be a bit too racy for a speeding charge there CaughtCosTheyCould :D

Jockney Rebel
10-02-2007, 10:55 PM
ive ridden plenty of birds in high heels ......sorry wrong forum..
rob i used to ride for a livin and gettin points was considered an occupational hazard but i understand how difficult it is to tame your right wrist [no fukin jokes] but unfortunatly like everybody else im gonna have to ..9pts ..3to go
all the older guys here will tell u that we used to get away with murder years ago but thats all changed ,im the worlds worst when it comes to being bated
..won a car years ago doin log book[pink slip] racing with some idiot who thot his souped up skateboard could out drag me bike but that cost me a years ban and 500quid...
point is the only way to beat the system is to play it ..use your noggin ride fast where you know you cant get nicked best of luck anyway you ll laff about this in years to come