PDA

View Full Version : Come on you guys

Benz
24-01-2007, 06:35 PM
NT streetfighter/bike owners...I know you're out there lurking about.:)
How about posting on site occasionally so the NT riders section actually gets a few comments, and it doesn't look like there is a population of 3 in the NT.[V]
Maybe you don't have your bike 'fightered', that's OK, this site is also for modified bikes,and there's plenty of them, one of mine included.

ninjaboy
02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey Benz, Your right we do need more comments in the NT section. It would be good to talk to some people who are closer by, maybe even help each other out in ways cause streetfighters here aren't quite popular(YET). I've went to one motorbike shop after something for my bike and told them what i'm doing to my bike and they just asked why. They had never heard of a streetfighter. But there are a few lurking out there.

At the moment my bike is just a basic fighter, when i get the money i'll do a bit cosmetic stuff to it, but it's slowly coming together. i started polishing the frame, which is harder than i thought, but i'm sure it will be worth it when i'm done. And my cousin who is a sign painter said he can paint my bike, which will make things cheaper. By the way, my bike is a 96 model zx6r. Not a big bike, but i still have fun on it.

Benz
03-02-2007, 01:02 PM
You're right about the territory lagging behind in the streetfighter stakes Ninjaboy. My present ride could hardly be called a streetfighter either, but it is a modified bike, a '91 gsxr750 with a slabby 1108 engine and 38mm carbs, nothing flash, but has more than enough grunt to get my heart rate pumping.
I don't bother with bike shops up here when looking for 'fighter, or custom parts, it's just so much easier to order from ANYWHERE else, and still get a better price!
Having said that, my turbo bike motor[GPz750 out to 810] is still in a local shop being rebuilt,slowly,but at least I know the job will be right, and the owner is a very helpful guy, helped me organise a set of adjustable dog bones, even to the point of lending me parts to check clearances etc.
I know there are a lot of riders up here who have built some incredible machines, particularly dragbikes, so I will be at the first meeting this year ,and try and drum up some more interest.
When we get a few more on board, we should organise a ride, or a barbie or somethin...

Zed14
03-02-2007, 01:44 PM
whos got a spare bike i will be up 4th may for the weekend.

Benz
03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I've got several half bikes.....

ninjaboy
06-02-2007, 11:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Benz

When we get a few more on board, we should organise a ride, or a barbie or somethin...

Sounds good. (Hopefully) My bike will be done by then. I need to get a speedo, recommend any? I was thinking about putting one of those bike speedo's for now, do you know if that will pass rego[?]
I have a mate who should be in. He doen't have a fighter, but he has a beasty (i think so anyway) 94 zx7r. i'm sure he'd be up for rides etc.

ninjaboy
06-02-2007, 11:18 AM
It would be good to get a group in Darwin with fighters or custom bikes. I'm sure we'd turn some heads if we went on rides. The only thing we need are some people!

leathalbusa
09-03-2007, 04:43 PM
hey guys. I just signed up and found this cool site.. Damn awsome..

there is another streetfighter riding around a silver or stainless polished gxr or yamaha anybody seen him? around leanyer? or cass?

Well I'm deep in the middle of finishing my "little fighter" an 06 busa now heaps lighter and nastier . After watching ghost rider do it with the green turbo busa Thought mine would look good like that. so now finishing the boby work and might be painting it next week. and hopefully have it ready for the first night drags. just for the test and tune time.

I will try to post some pics and definatly a finished pics. been a long time rider and racer. I met a fella in Germany in 1991 who was on the starting line of building street fighters and I thought it was really cool. now that I have a scooter that has the muscle to back up a wild look I am going to go for it.

benz and ninja if you need help with bikes and searching stuff buzz me and I'll give yah a helping hand.

Gix11
09-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Lethal, welcome aboard mate.

Benz
10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Welcome Leathalbusa, great to have another NT member, the more the merrier.
My GPZturbo project is getting closer to completion, the motor goes back in today, at last........
I haven't seen the silver fighter yet, I live fairly close to casuarina, but I've not been riding much lately, what with the wet smashing down and all, and any spare time is on the rebuild project right now.
Do you have a painter organised? I have good contacts at Protec, if you need them.
Population has increased by :D25%

leathalbusa
14-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey benz

how did the motor go in?

have any pics yet?

Yeah I'm cool for paint i do most things my self . I would even calibrate the power comander if I had the software. Over my racing days I have learned the arts of bike building and plastic welding and painting not the greatest but am good enough to get by. Is the yamaha fully fightered? what turbo did you use? Did you get a kit? of put it all together your self?

Benz
15-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Motor is in,no problems so far...
The bike is a factory made Kawasaki GPZ 750 turbo, 1984 model.It will carry all of its original plastic, so its not a fighter in the true sense, but with '91GSXR750 Suzuki suspension front and rear,and a radical rethink of its rather slow geometry [read nose down, arse up], it will have a whole new attitude on the road.
Mate if you want to have a look PM me and we'll organise something, I'd love to check out the 'busa

Benz
15-03-2007, 10:03 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/45176960183969.jpg

Here's how it looks this morning, hopefully will look more complete by the end of the day:)
I have to repair the exhaust, a tear in a bend near the turbo outlet must be fixed, and a custom pipe of some kind has to made. Might go with no muffler, and a pair of dump pipes either side just in front of the swinger, at least that's what I'm thinkin, could end up completely different yet......:D

leathalbusa
16-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Now that is a suttle ride? have you ridden it with the suspension upgrade? I have ridden my mates 900 a couple a times kinda felt like riding the space shuttle. compaired to my cbr6. the front seemed way to long for it. but hey they have a turbo... If you are looking to just run straight pipes and are not overly worried about looks go to the local custom exhaust shop.and et a couple a pipes bent..

will post sum pics of the busa all naked and vunarable.... the only time..

Benz
17-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Cheers leathal, yeah I don't go for extreme, rather be a little understated.
I haven't ridden the thing yet, I suspect it's going to be a whole lot faster steering, and possibly a bit less stable at high speed. Should be on the road in a coupla weeks.
The original turbo to two silencers crossover pipes will fit up nicely, after a small dropsaw adjustment.....so the exhaust is almost done, I had this factory pipe spare from the parts bike.
Show us your bus....

leathalbusa
19-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Well then you should look at investing in a steering dampener. a few bucks for safty is a good thing. seeing suzuk seems to put them on as standard. so might be a hint.