PDA

View Full Version : Regular monthly meet up done proper likes...

Gix11
24-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Well if the Mexican's are going to do it seems wrong not to really doesn't it? Who's in?
(Numbers of hands should dictate what kind of event and place we use......)

suxukifreak
24-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Springwood suzuki do a fortnightly ride on friday nights that last around 1 hr or its great for a meeting point for a saturday ride.

Just thinking it would be good to meet somewhere bike guys hang out to get the "streetfighter" message out there.

My 2 cents worth. :D

jakam04
24-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Subject to shifts, Im in...

Atleast I wont be surrounded by people saying " you want to do what to your bike?? its great the way it is..."

Jarrod

evad
24-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Yep, go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:p]

ozkat
24-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I reckon The Bearded Dragon and the Ettamogah pub on alternate months would work. Maybe a sunday arvo, so you could get in a decent ride there. Should be close enough for everyone but far enough away too.
Gix11 you have mail.

papa smurf
24-01-2007, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

I reckon The Bearded Dragon and the Ettamogah pub on alternate months would work. Maybe a sunday arvo, so you could get in a decent ride there. Should be close enough for everyone but far enough away too.
Gix11 you have mail.

Totally agree.[8D]

zx12argh
24-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I'd be up for it but sundays are always out for me...

How about a more central meet around the city somewhere? Mt Tamborine is a ride already for us northsiders.

megareg
24-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Alternate North/South sounds good, just hope it lines up with my work roster.

jakam04
24-01-2007, 09:33 PM
How about somewhere west?? like Toowoomba... The ride up the range might be fun and its also closer to me so one in three locations is my way lol...

Just a thought.

Jarrod

crazymofo
24-01-2007, 09:36 PM
id be up for the monthly meets dont care where lol

cheers.joe.

24-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Shit...this means i get to ride more than twice a year.And i was thinkin about selling the smoker due to lack of use.

zx12argh
25-01-2007, 12:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

How about somewhere west?? like Toowoomba... The ride up the range might be fun and its also closer to me so one in three locations is my way lol...

Just a thought.

Jarrod

I was out there the other weekend - cruised up the range with a bit of pace. Spoke to my brother who was behind me by 30 minutes afterwards - "Did you see the coppers pulling people over speeding up the range?"

"Nup" must have beaten them by 10 minutes I reckon thank golly cause I dont think your supposed to add 1 in front of the speed limit.

Toowoomba range is fun - don't like the diesel all over the road though - had a couple heart stoppers a while back.

Matt
25-01-2007, 12:53 PM
sounds like a good idea to me

Gix11
25-01-2007, 01:13 PM
OK. Who can do Saturdays? .....and we could use the Springwood meet to catch up as Des suggested. (what time does that kick off mate?) I'm a bit fucked with lights and would only be able to cruise.

Oz, Bearded Dragon is good as all roads there an about are interesting, Ettamogah on the other hand makes you fall asleep on the highway for two hours. Davo (northsiders), got any other suggestions?

megareg
25-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't have to do the highway, there is a shitload of backroads

zx12argh
25-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm good for saturdays - might be able to round up a retard err I mean a motard rider as well. ;)

evad
25-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Saturdays are good Gix :D

papa smurf
25-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Saturdays are no good for me, either working racing or both[V]

Gix11
25-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Looks like Saturday is a winner then. Ok, next, just so it doesn't mess with any other events that always use the first or last week of the month how about we go for the 2nd week of every month just to be awkward? That would make the next one the 10th (although I do have a Testament gig to go to in the evening in Brissy - but i don't HAVE to be at every one! I'm sure you can do it without me as well). I suppose we could make it the 3rd weekend instead? That would make it the 17th. Fuck it, 3 is my lucky number. How about the 3rd week then and this time we go somewhere for a ride and a few beers (and if anyone can suggest a place to crash, then more beers).

ozkat
25-01-2007, 05:23 PM
What about the Aratula Hotel? They have Accomadation on site if you have a couple too many. And that road between Boonah and Aratula is better than sex.

Large
25-01-2007, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

What about the Aratula Hotel? They have Accomadation on site if you have a couple too many. And that road between Boonah and Aratula is better than sex.

Is it straight and 400m long?

[:p][^]:D

papa smurf
25-01-2007, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Looks like Saturday is a winner then. Ok, next, just so it doesn't mess with any other events that always use the first or last week of the month how about we go for the 2nd week of every month just to be awkward? That would make the next one the 10th (although I do have a Testament gig to go to in the evening in Brissy - but i don't HAVE to be at every one! I'm sure you can do it without me as well). I suppose we could make it the 3rd weekend instead? That would make it the 17th. Fuck it, 3 is my lucky number. How about the 3rd week then and this time we go somewhere for a ride and a few beers (and if anyone can suggest a place to crash, then more beers).

The 17th is the date of the next streetbike shootout at Willowbank.
May not matter to most but just thought i'd mention it.[:I]

Gix11
28-01-2007, 10:37 PM
God damn it! One after then? 24th? Anyone got problems with that?

Matt
29-01-2007, 06:50 AM
Hahahaha, fuck its hard to get eevryone in the same place at the same time aint it. 24th is ok for me at the moment.

evad
29-01-2007, 07:30 AM
24 is good Si :D

jakam04
29-01-2007, 09:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

Why dont we do the 17th, go have sum fun draggin at Willowbank and then at 4pm when tin tops start, leave then and find a pub for an arvo/evening sesh??

Have a little bit of spare carpet for crashing on if needed...

Just a thought.

papa smurf
29-01-2007, 10:05 AM

quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

Why dont we do the 17th, go have sum fun draggin at Willowbank and then at 4pm when tin tops start, leave then and find a pub for an arvo/evening sesh??

Have a little bit of spare carpet for crashing on if needed...

Just a thought.

What a stering idea old chap. [8D]
Will run it by the crewchief tonight.;)
Rick

suxukifreak
29-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Too hot that time of year and day at Willowbank. [V] ;)

Zed14
29-01-2007, 04:40 PM
yep softcocks always wilt in the heat.

Gix11
29-01-2007, 04:47 PM
That might be the go anyway considering how it turns out I am busy on the 24th after all. We could go with Shanyne's plan of heading back to the hotel, plus I get the Boonah Road on the way there.

jakam04
29-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah thats right, give the old bastard the credit for my idea Si lmfao... (meaning that in the nicest possible way Rick lol)

Could always hit the Yamanto Tavern or maybe even a few rougher joints in Ippy itself like the squeeling pig lol..

Jarrod

papa smurf
29-01-2007, 08:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Too hot that time of year and day at Willowbank. [V] ;)

SOOK!:D;)

papa smurf
29-01-2007, 08:44 PM

Could always hit the Yamanto Tavern or maybe even a few rougher joints in Ippy itself like the squeeling pig lol..

Jarrod

Hey Jarrod, you really are a nutcase aren't you?
Just the right attitude for dragracing.[8D][8D][8D]

29-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey Rick,you seein Shaynne in the next few weeks?Got some stuff i need to pass on if you can help.
cheers

papa smurf
30-01-2007, 08:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Hey Rick,you seein Shaynne in the next few weeks?Got some stuff i need to pass on if you can help.
cheers

Yeah Davo, hopefully this weekend if my bodywork for the Kwaka is finished.
Anything you need passed on just drop it in when you can.;)

30-01-2007, 05:29 PM
cheers mate.

jakam04
04-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey guys,

Are we doing the ride to willowbank on the 17th Feb for a few runs down the strip for a few hours before we hit a pub for an arvo/evening session as a Queensland section of ASF?

Jarrod

Matt
06-02-2007, 07:53 AM
I am!

papa smurf
06-02-2007, 08:36 AM

Hey guys,

Are we doing the ride to willowbank on the 17th Feb for a few runs down the strip for a few hours before we hit a pub for an arvo/evening session as a Queensland section of ASF?

Jarrod

fuck yeah:D:D

Daisy
20-02-2007, 01:20 PM
So does all this silence since the 6th Feb mean the monthly meetings not going to happen...? :(

Gix11
20-02-2007, 03:55 PM
It happened on the 17th at Willowbank although attendance was low. Next one will be Shayne's BBQ on the 10th March with many more people including Clive (Gixxerpilot) from Townsville.

Tony Nitrous
20-02-2007, 10:38 PM

Next one will be Shayne's BBQ on the 10th March

Now I just need to convince Daisy what great fun it would be to
stay sober and drive a drunk home in his Ute afterwards,
Well, it worked at Marks BBQ ;)

Daisy
21-02-2007, 09:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

Next one will be Shayne's BBQ on the 10th March

Now I just need to convince Daisy what great fun it would be to
stay sober and drive a drunk home in his Ute afterwards,
Well, it worked at Marks BBQ ;)

:DWe might be able to reach a compromise.....I'm sure I can think of something...;)

Gix11
21-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Des and Kaye stayed at the hotel which is walking distance from Shayne's (the sort of walk which is short when pissed).

BOHEMION
23-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Could always bring a sleeping bag and camp up next to the fire[:p] Hey Oz???[8D]

War_Hound
03-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I would love to get along to some monthly meets .. or regular meets .. the hassle with anywhere like SSuzuki is fridays I work till 9:00 so I wouldnt be able to make it until 9:30 .. please just no one suggest the coffee club at Milton 8) ... I think a pub like the dragon is fitting for my 2 cents worth .. 8)

jakam04
03-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Can I suggest a gathering at the bearded Dragon on 15th April... being a Sunday... Im gonna be a tad tired after my 2nd nightshift on sat night finishing at 8am Sunday morning..

Just a thought

Jarrod

crazymofo
03-04-2007, 08:54 PM
im in for it... get to scratch around a few corners to and fro the pub :D

cheers.joe.

ozkat
03-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Jarrod, start a new thread in SE/Qld section, so people know whats going on.

War_Hound
04-04-2007, 07:36 PM

I did a gig there once with my band ... actually I left there and wrote off my bike .. bad memories of that place LOL 8) ..

RE: the 15th .. should be able to pop along .. just name the time ..