PDA

View Full Version : G'day from west oz

Dan
19-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Hello i am tall, dark and looking for. oh shit wait wrong site...G'day aussie streetfighters glad to find you guys.Yeah any way live in Perth and have been riding and living bikes for about eleven years.Most of that time i have been a sportsbike nut but over the last few years i became bored so i got myself and 05 GSX1400 changed the zorst and put on flatbars.This keeps me happy on a day to day basis but i wanted more. then it hit me ,i need to build a streetfighter, the perfect answer,performance, handing and indvidual.so i have just bought a wrecked 01 rc51 (well a whole bunch of parts that should add up to one).At this stage i am replenishing bank account, planning and collecting more parts.From looking at the forum and galleries im sure i can get some good advice and ideas. Cheers

Benz
19-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Dan,
Welcome to the site. Yes, there are plenty of highly individualized bikes and riders here, sounds like you'll fit in just fine.
There's a bunch of WA guys here, they seem as crazy/passionate about their machines as the rest of us...

Rocket
19-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Mate, welcome to ASF.
keep an eye on events for WA, there is a barbie at Billywhizz's house early feb and you're invited.
Also, there's a bikini wash tomorrow (saturday 20th) in Scarbs between 11 and 3pm and there'll be a few guys there, so come and introduce yourself.
Look for fighters and someone'll be close by. Also lookout for t-shirts with the ASF logo.

Do us a favour and post pics of both bikes too mate.

Gix11
19-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Nice timing Dan. Check the WA meetings/events part of the forum and you'll see there is a Perth ASF BBQ coming up for you to meet some of the guys. You can even check out Rocket's GSXR 1100 Turbo if he rides it to Billy's place: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4304

Welcome aboard mate.

BillyWhizz888
19-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Dan

welcome to the Madness [8D]

PM on its way with contact details

The WA numbers are on the move, fark me we could be in double figures by the BBQ [^]

Dan
19-01-2007, 02:53 PM
thanks guys.yeah i might try to finish work early tomorrow and get there.I will post some pics soon.

WATEVR
19-01-2007, 09:21 PM
welcome aboard dan you got onto the best thing going around if your keen to start a bike building adventure!! there are SOME very smart and knowledgable soughts around hee so enjoy and good luck

suxukifreak
19-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome Dan. Good to see another 1400 pilot on here. :D

Anymore plans for the 1400 or are all the ideas goin into the RC51?

Iceman
20-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Welcome aboard Dan