PDA

View Full Version : GYPSY JOKERS

cutcat
31-12-2006, 07:35 PM
I had an interesting experience today. After spending the day blasting through the Otway Ranges with Fiend on his new machine, I thought I would find my way home along the Princes Hwy at a nice slow and steady speed. I felt I had already broken enough road rules for one day and just needed to wind down. As I cruised along, I started to notice more and more Harleys parked by the side of the road. I gave them the usual stare of distain from the safety of my tinted visor, as I passed them by. Then later on as I passed through a small town I was doing the regulation 80kph some of these bikers were quickly on my tail. So as I approached the 100kph sign, I gave it to her and shot to 240kph and cruised there for a few minutes before dropping back to 110kph. Within an instant there they were, back on my tail once more. So I did it again and checked out big-time. But soon I was in some tight-stuff with double lines and cars in my face so I had little choice but to sit tight. And suddenly they just came up behind me again and sailed on passed me and all the cars, over double lines cruising at about 150-160kph on Australia's main highway and what was written on their backs.....Gypsy Jokers. I couldn't believe it...talk about being above the law. I only have to fart in town and the fuzz are onto me! Has anyone heard of the cops ever busting these guys....for speeding that is?? Anyway, that was fine, they just kept passing me. Sure I felt like a girl but I knew I just wouldn't tell anyone..........doh!!
But I couldn't take it anymore, so I started to pick them off one by one. "Harley crap" I would call out under my breath within the safety of my helmet. My euphoria was soon quoshed, suddenly there was a cough....and another....and another. I quickly switched her to reserve.......no better. I gassed her to the max but she kept on getting slower and slower and slower until..... STOPPED!! So there I was stuck by the highway on a lonely stretch in my shiney leathers with the only passers by being Gypsy Jokers.....not ideal. I tried to crank her over but she wouldn't fire. I sat there trying to look composed...while crying on the inside. I had visions of virgin sacrefice and the traditional spiritual burning of a 7/11 for new years eve by the Gypsy Jokers. If I called someone to pick me up, what would happen to my bike?? There was no-where to hide it, just fields. The Jokers would surely trash it....I've seen Mad Max! If I only had my missus with me, they could take her and leave my bike. Too many thoughts, not enough time! What to do?? I took my helmet off and slapped myself. "Get a grip" I told myself, "You know this bike inside out", "just think about what it might be". So I checked the tyres; still round and black, checked the tank; heaps, oil; heaps, air filters still on, no oil in muffler, no oil under bike, no fuel leaks....strange. In desperation, I pulled the choke one click, pressed go.....one cough....two cough....bang, bang, broom...she was alive but only just. Banged her in gear, twisted her to the stopper and off I was. She only sat on 60kph but it was heaven compared to being stuck by the side of the road. She coughed and spluttered all the way home; FEW. Safe at last, where I gave her a once over to find she had a dud coil. Just another day.[8D]

rasper
31-12-2006, 09:29 PM
good story mate i have a feeling 1 cop car will never pull over a BIG group of riders as they would have no controll over it just my opinion? Good to see you got it back up and running again loved the story

Fiend
01-01-2007, 02:24 AM
Hey cutcat, nice ride today. Bitsa V's 7/11. The Bitsa couldn't keep up with the 7/11 at 250kph cutcat just pulled away and disappeared into the distance. Where the Bitsa held it's own was through the tight stuff. 40kph - 80kph corners just ate cutcat up. I guess that's where the drag style bars and upright seating comes into play. Can't wait to do it again!
Sorry to hear about the Gypsy Jokers. I guess if you got into trouble you could've told them what your profession is ( professional wanker ) and you might have worked out a deal....ha ha.

I think I'll have to put a bigbore kit into my ZX9R to keep up with cutcats 1270 GSXR.

catch you on the road....[}:)]

WATEVR
01-01-2007, 09:01 AM
LMFAO very funny, glad you and the bike made it home without being torn a new arse!!!

Kamakazebusa
01-01-2007, 09:05 AM
awesome story dude..... MADMAX was the first thing that popped in my head when u started saying all that stuff bout the gypsy Jokers. They have their one of their base camps here in Hoxton Park (out the back of Eastern creek)..... had something similar happen to me years ago

Rocket
01-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Top story Cutcat !
I'm glad you made it home under your own steam and with your dignity intact.

Rich
02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Good story mate, glad there was a satisfactory ending. Fucking OMCG Filth....

Cheers Rich

sharky
02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
mmmmmm...Not keen on the clubs Rich ???

Rich
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
No not keen Sharky.

Cheers Rich

sharky
02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I guess you do get to see the other side of them....

Jockney Rebel
02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

I guess you do get to see the other side of them....
what is the sp with the clubs out here?
I had a bit of a run in in the 70s with the Kent Angels and the Road rats in London but i wont divulge the details suffice to say i was hung out of a 6th floor window at the tender age of 19 ...my crime? I knew this guy doughnuts' real name!!oh and i beat one of their number on his asthmatic xs 650 with my 380 suzy[ me and me mate used to race ppl for beer back then due to 34 quid a week wages

Rich
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Whats wrong with the OMCG ?? If you say nothing your fooling yourself. Bumping up your insurance policies is the least of your problems. Who do you recken stole your 7/11 Ozkat ?? It dosen't have to be a HD to be stolen....

If one of my friends daughters ended up with scum like that it would end in an execution warrant.

(Not so) cheers Rich

And I maybe charged up myself with a few rye whiskeys, but just had to run next door to my mate's that had a piece of shit in his misses face while he was at work. Fuck me at least black bikes are good....

Gix11
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
That sudden slow down and spluttering made me think coils straight away as the same thing happened to me on the way back from 1770, only it fixed itself again? Just got a little too hot me thinks..........

hooligan
08-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Happened to mine, too, Gix about 10k's from home riding back from the island last year.

Gix11
09-01-2007, 10:39 AM
So - all late 80's GSXR owners be prepared then!