PDA

View Full Version : PLOT Swage lines from Japan

Stocky
29-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Just fitted these to the Gixxer.

Have to say I'm very impressed with the quality and fit.

They will never be ADR legal in Australia cause of the style of fitting but they are awesome none the less.

The Banjo's all "swage" fit. So you can get all the orientations etc all perfect.

They come with a really trick splitter and even a bracket to mount it. I had to make my own as my triples are not stock though.

They even have an O ring in the tail of the fittings to help the braid from getting damaged.

Nicest lines I've seen yet. And very "race bike" looking ;)

Just thought I'd share...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55285882453322.JPG
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55285882441894.JPG
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55285882438397.JPG

Gix11
29-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Now that's a cool mini spliter! Does look a bit like coax connectors though hey?

Kamakazebusa
29-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Nice job stocky,done the same to mine already, but just with a few extra fittings......
heres a tip, cause u can't get the braided hose covered up all the way to the end of the olive joints , slide some Heatshrink over the hose first and then heat it wen finished....viola!!!

gibbo
29-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Nice Stocky, very neat & tidy. WHer did you source these from mate?
PS. nice tip Kkb.

Stocky
30-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Japan mate.

Got friends in low places LOL

alfiestorm
30-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Correct me if i am wrong but these fittings use an olive that is compressed to make a fluid tight seal.
If this is right then it is the same as car brake pipes as they use a olive to seal them?

Am i barking up the wrong blade of grass here or what ?

Stocky
30-12-2006, 12:24 PM
No you got it.

The banjo has the ball end and the line has the socket.

The outer sleve is right hand thread on one end and left on the other so you can "join" the 2 bits at what ever orientation you like.

Kamakazebusa
30-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Thems the ones.......totally illegal for road use, but then again i never did give a fcuk about the law.....

Stocky
30-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Least of my problems on that bike too LOL

Wazid
30-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Just quick ? as to why there illegal.

Kamakazebusa
31-12-2006, 07:05 AM
they don't comply with Australian ADR road standards. OK for race use (figure that one out) but these ones require maintanace so to speak (made to be adjusted or changed), where as crimped lines are set to a standard and done with a machine as opposed to hand made .

You'll find alot of parts listed for race use not suitable for road use, this is because they have not passed a goverment standard (what bullshit) so they deem them unsafe. Even aftermarket dics are considered illegal......on some things they turn a blind eye.

alfiestorm
31-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Thats like all the aftermarket exhausts then they are illegal but who gives a fuck, but i dont like the one law for cars and one law foe bikes getting back to the brake pipes.
I take it that in Australia as in england the avarage joe can go to his local cars spares shop and buy himself some car brake pipes and the tools to do it with and piss about with his car brakes all day if he wants yet put a similar setup on a bike and it becomes illegal to use on the road.
The twats in white coats at the government saying whats good for us and whats not and these decisions are made by people who bearly know what a motorcycle is.
I think a motorcycle action group is needed to voice thier thoughts to the federal Government and to remind them that people who ride motorcycles also vote at election times.
Worked in the uk when the government tried to get heavy with bikers we are consulted now before new laws,rules are aired still dont stop them from trying though

Anyway enough of that where can i get some from and how much?