PDA

View Full Version : Hi there - Exup_Fighter's intro

exup_fighter
20-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi all,

Currently working on a 1990 FZR1000. Will be black / yellow. Had it for a while and now will be fightering it. Looking for a speedo/tacho and twin headlights. Can anyone advise?

Cheers

sharky
20-12-2006, 11:51 AM
G'day Exup, At last another yam owner :D.
What sort of clock set up you looking for ??

BOHEMION
20-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey mate welcome aboard. Post some piccis of ya build

As for head lights and Tacho units head to www.austreetfighter.com.au lots of cool stuff in there mate.

zx12argh
20-12-2006, 12:29 PM
I've got the twin lights from Austreetfighter and the guages from ben at extreme creations. I think they look trick and weren't a huge drama to wire up. If you can find a wiring diagram for you bike the guages were pretty simple.

You have to get brackets for the lights as well - got those from MCS - cheaper then the ones from Austreetfighters and look just as good.

They look like this on mine
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4025
Gotta love self promotion :)

Iceman
20-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Welcome aboard Exup. Got any build pics?

Gix11
20-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Welcome to the madness Exup.

FIGHTERMC
21-12-2006, 05:40 AM
welcome exup.
zx12 do you have a pic of the gauges that you got off ben.

alfiestorm
21-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Does that make two now.

Welcome exup

exup_fighter
21-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Pics will be coming soon. I have taken some and have to download them to the Mac.

zx12argh, I like your monster. Your turn signals, mirrors and headlights are what I had in mind. Definately makes it a muscle bike.

I have heard of MCS but can you only buy the stuff through bike shops, not online?

As for the clocks, I am after a analogue dials as I like the classic look. My bike is pre-digital readouts so I want to keep it that way. But if I find a nice looking digital one, I could change my mind.

Gix11
21-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Frank. Here's the link to Ben's guages mate: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2467

zx12argh
21-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Cheers exup,

the gauges look very trick mounted - only 2 1/2 inches in diameter so it makes the bike look super clean up front - but also very visible - bright blue back light and large speedo numbers. has a built in shift light as well though i just wait until the rev limiter hits at 11600 then change bwa ha ha ha

do i get a bigger discount after a plug like that ben?? ;)

the indicators all came from austreetfighters - as for the brackets from MCS - its crazy, these guys dont have a website and dont sell brochures - they only way to find stuff is to go to a decent bike spares shop. Brisbane Motorcycles carry a bunch of stuff so i usually check them out.

I reckon if someone made a MCS specific site as a distributor you'd make a mint