PDA

View Full Version : 23rd Dec Streetbike Shootout Info/Prizes

ozkat
17-12-2006, 08:21 AM
If you want to be eligable for any prizemoney or donated goods you MUST be members of either www.streetfighters.com.au or www.dragbike.com.au . You will need to register before your 1st qualifying run (no excuses) To register simply come to the Little Monster Racing pit and register, it costs nothing.
So far we have the following up for grabs
1.$100.00 Quickest ET. on street tyres all motor, no power adders(donated by www.dragbike.com.au )
2.$50.00 Quickest ET. Oldschool bike Pre 1985 on street tyres no power adders. ( donated by Little Monster Racing)
3.ASF Tshirt, Quickest ET. Naked bike on street tyres no power adders (donated by www.streetfighters.com.au )
4. Led-Lenser V12 Triplex Flashlight , best light of the day. (donated by Battery World at Morayfield)
Anyone else who is interested in donating anything as a prize either contact me here at ASF or email me info@dragbike.com.au

megareg
17-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Hmmm... quickest pre 1985... I might have to have a go at that one!

papa smurf
17-12-2006, 10:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by megareg

Hmmm... quickest pre 1985... I might have to have a go at that one!

Hey Reg,
You're lucky we got rained out yestserday 'cos now i have to test the Kwaka next week:(:(
Otherwise i would've had me old faithfull GS out there & my money would have been very safe;)
What are ya running anyway?
Rick

megareg
17-12-2006, 04:34 PM
It's ok Rick, it was a tongue-in-cheek thing, I don't think I will get near enough to win it!! lol.... actually, with what Joe (crazymofo) has done to his 650, we should be close.. and to think, mine is almost twice as big!
What I have is a rather ratty 1100 Kat, supposed to have a big-bore kit in it.... but at 91 rwhp... not sure! have a look at my website to see it.. www.reginaldsquiveringmember.com
I see you were bitten by the drag racing bug 15 years ago, I was bitten in the 70's at Castlereagh west of Sydney... 24 years later, i'm back, this will be my first run since then, I only hope the weather is ok.
I'm still at work and don't fly back in to Brissie until Thursday arvo so I will only have time for an oil change before Saturday! but I am looking forward to meeting "the mob" for a bit of a yarn!

Oh, and why do I ride a Kat??? 1, I really like them, 2, If I can ride around some young blokes on their latest "crotch rockets" (unlikley!), I look like a hero!!... lol... and 3, If the reverse of #2 happens, I can blame being an old fat fart on an old fat fart bike!! either way I still have lots of fun!

Cheers
Reg.

Gix11
17-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Interesting photos you have in there Reg! Some serious 70's action going on.

papa smurf
17-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Cool pic's Reg.
I'm a bit of a sucker for the old Kat's myself & i know Ozkat has a soft spot for 'em as well.
It was actually well over 20 years ago that the Drag Racing bug got me, 1980 to be precise.
Rick

crazymofo
18-12-2006, 04:03 PM
well everyones money and prizes are all pretty safe with my bike running.

i wont get my jets or iggy advancer before the shootout, so the bike will be mechanicly standard save for the yoshi can. however the bike has shed 8.5kg lol!! with more to loose as well (if i get time to fit the swingarm)

cheers.joe.

megareg
18-12-2006, 06:04 PM
If I stop eating now, I might lose around 10 kilos before Saturday..... nah... got an over-active mouth gland.. there I go dreaming again!!

ozkat
18-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Ill be testing my bike at the Shootout but ill not be eligable for any of the prizes, as ill be using a drag slick. So no one has to beat my time to get the $$$. Fastest time gets $100.00 simple as that.
Reg, i reckon your a shoe in for the oldschool $50.00

papa smurf
18-12-2006, 07:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Yeah he probably is providing none of those pesky Joe Marshall built EFE's turn up. :D:D

ozkat
18-12-2006, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Yeah he probably is providing none of those pesky Joe Marshall built EFE's turn up. :D:D
Gotta be ASF or Dragbike members to be in the money tho. I doubt if Pete or Kev will be there.

megareg
18-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Geez, this is a lot of fun already! Actually, if the unlikely event that I do take out the $50 happens, I'm quite sure that it could be well used as "refreshments" for the members present on the day (I have a six figure salary), What I would really like is information on how to build my EFE bottom end nice and strong and then put on an 1100 hot head, so that at first glance it looks like a standard Kat but pulls like a 16 year old (if you get my meaning) and really scares the shit out of late 90's modern bikes... but I can dream...

Cheers
Reg.

papa smurf
18-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey Reg,
You really need to talk to Joe Marshall,,,,HE DE MAN.[8D]
Mate seriously he'll take that Kat to 1800cc & rip ya bloody arms off if that's what you want[:p][:p]

megareg
18-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Sounds good Rick, but there is some satisfaction of saying that I did my build myself, at least as much as I can anyway, I will have to farm out the head to someone who really knows what they are doing though! I do like the thought of my arms getting ripped out.. along with the words of "faaaaaarrrrrrkkkkk" etc... beautiful.... 1800 bit big, around 1400 might be better to last another 25 years.

Cheers
Reg.

papa smurf
19-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Can be done, talk to me on Saturday.
;)