PDA

View Full Version : how do i become a member??

catchmeifyoucan
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
just wandering how to become a member, if you'll have me???

Gix11
11-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey mate. Sure. One thing I didn't do was announce how to become a member! Here's the low down:

I don't know if you caught a topic called "Taking ASF to the next step" but basically about page 3 or 4 of that will explain what is going on. For the last 3 years I have copped all the fees and charges involved in running ASF just for the love of Streetfighters. The crunch came about 3 weeks ago when the people that host ASF told me that the traffic was getting so much now that the bandwidth limitations had been broken - so basically, I'm hit with a massive annual hosting fee. I just couldn't reach that much annually for hosting what with all the other shit I have to try and arrange (T-shirts, Calendars, stubby coolers blah blah blah) and organise (AFR etc) so I asked the guys on the ASF site if they were willing to donate a little towards the hosting. The result was a $20 annual fee (a few even donated more) from contributing members which they all seemed more than happy to donate. In appreciation of their donations I decided they deserved to have something special so I created a members only area in the forum (which standard members can not see) which has a few extra goodies like discount stores, member only trading, preferencial bookings on accomodation at events and access to ASF patches etc. One of the suggestions from the members was to create a MEMBERS GALLERY where all the contributing members showed their bikes to other members which would have a password to enter so that we knew only contributing members could read the posts (the password is shown in the members area)........ and that brings us up to date. If you would like to become a contributing member, by all means, I would appreciate it. All I ask is for the minimum $20 yearly donation which goes to ASF (not me) and I put you into the allowed members list. You can either email me for the deposit account or use the donate button at the bottom of the main website pages to use a credit card (although if you do use that you will need to add at least $2 extra to cover Paypal's cut).

I hope that helps and thanks for your interest.

catchmeifyoucan
11-12-2006, 09:09 PM
sounds good to me, just gotta wait till pay day, bit tight on the budget these days what with all the costs in owning and building a nice streetfighter, cheers for the run down, catch you all in members soon enough...