PDA

View Full Version : LED tail lights

pommie
11-12-2006, 06:00 PM
just ordered a 2006 R6 tail unit for my buell, anyone know where i can get some smick led tail lights nice & cheep,

11-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Make'em yerself?

RS Electronics do 3500 mcd LED's at a reasonable price, and Jaycar even have boards to solder them into, or just use generic PCB boards.

Gix11
11-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Either that or Ben at Extreme Creations has an account with the LED boys. Check his website for details: www.extremecreations.com.au

11-12-2006, 07:46 PM
I've got a couple of 1 Watt Luxeon LED's that I was going to use for tail lights at some stage. They're a lot brighter than ordinary ultrabright LED's. But I need a tail unit small enough to warrant them.

In the next month or so I'll be looking at 5 & 10 watt ones for headlights, using the reflector/focusing units out of those small torches. The only way I'm going to get headlights small enough to poke out of the helmet/headlight shell visor, without looking like crap. Then I can get a full graphice for the shell and visor.

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Hella do stop tail light units for 40 bucks or so with about 8 led s in them ive got one in the tail of my bike seems to work ok

Jockney Rebel
12-12-2006, 12:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

I've got a couple of 1 Watt Luxeon LED's that I was going to use for tail lights at some stage. They're a lot brighter than ordinary ultrabright LED's. But I need a tail unit small enough to warrant them.

In the next month or so I'll be looking at 5 & 10 watt ones for headlights, using the reflector/focusing units out of those small torches. The only way I'm going to get headlights small enough to poke out of the helmet/headlight shell visor, without looking like crap. Then I can get a full graphice for the shell and visor.
id be real interested to see some pics of that ...chalkie

nelpd96
12-12-2006, 10:01 AM
The part number for the Hella combination LED tail light is pn 2334. It is a strip light that is about 200mm long. It has a red cover though so you may not get the full LED look.

IF you want to make your own then you will need around 4500 mcd for the tail light and I would be using around 10,000 mcd for the brake lights. Jaycar also sell a 9000 mcd yellow for the indicators.

All you need to do is hook up a 1 watt 200 ohm resistor with each LED and it will be right to go.

I will be playing around with LED's when I do the undertail for the Daytona

Cheers
PAul

Jockney Rebel
12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
nice one squirell im well into concealed lighting , ive stripped one of them hella lights down and the actual leds are red it works quite well out of the casing