PDA

View Full Version : Jobs!

Skifledanabit
04-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey again! right, im selling myself here, so anyone who wants a young, tight... no!! wait!!! wrong forum!!! in fact, anyone who wants a qualified motor vehicle mechanic based on the Gold Coast, please for gods sake offer me a job! willing to work for food... failing that, money... i know some of you work in garages!

04-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Young and tight is probly the ultimate requirement for a mechanic on the Goldie.Sooo whats ya qualifications grasshopper?

Skifledanabit
04-12-2006, 12:47 AM
you probably wouldnt know it, but its IMI level 1 in motor vehicle studies, basically, engines, suspension, gearbox, drivetrain, all the basic mechanics of a car, i want to get into bikes too, i can strip an engine and put it back together no problems, im good with bodywork, im always willing to learn new skills, seeing as there are always new things going on its hard not to keep learning, tuning, modifying, basic servicing, tea and coffee making skills, im a good barbie cook, that bitch doesnt mess with me anymore after i chucked her on the coals, i'm apt at computer graphics, computer skills full stop, i have contacts in the traffic survey industry, im good at teamwork and individual work, motivated... umm... jeez really you need to meet me and talk to me to get to know the real me, describing yourself is hard to do.

Gix11
04-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Where have you tried so far mate? Do a run of Lawrence Drive in Nerang and you'll get either fed up of asking, ....or a job. Are you familiar with BMWs? My mate is a mechanic at Bruce Lynton's BMW in Southport. I could ask him if you want as they might like the pommie accent?

ozkat
04-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey Skifledanabit, you interested in any weekend cash work?

Skifledanabit
04-12-2006, 04:25 PM
BMW's ooh... i plan to buy an E30 soon, so yeah, i do like the bimmers so yeah, Gix if you could ask and give him my email Skifledanabit@hotmail.com cheers and Ozkat what does it involve?

Large
04-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Just don't mention the war

Gix11
04-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Mart. Just spot to my mate Des at Bruce Lynton. He reckons everywhere is a bit slow at this time of year so your timing is oretty bad but regardless of that, go to the Southport Bruce Lynton shoroom and ask for the service manager. Arm yourself with a resume and full experience and give him the I LOVE BMWs talk. Des reckon they're always looking for techs and there might be a shake up soon with some openings. Also, he reckons to try Honda as well (he has his finger on the pulse in this industry!) as he reckons that is the cushiest palce on the coast - top dollars and least amount of work / skill required. Get out there mate!

Skifledanabit
04-12-2006, 07:16 PM
hmm, full experience would be pretty hard as i never really got the chance to get into a proper garage, only working on farm equipment and personal vehicles but even so, i still believe i'm a quick learner and good worker. so i have some experience but im not sure what you would class afull experience, but i'll try!

Gix11
04-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Mate, you sound eager enough to me just the way you type, half the time that's enough. If you show you're eager to learn and a good worker you'll be over half way there mate.

Skifledanabit
05-12-2006, 02:31 PM
ok, Honda and BMW il certainly try with, i have a civic coupe back home and im kinda a Honda-head, and BMW i like a lot, so, yeah we'll see, just need transport first, and my money isnt being sent over from the UK, bloody argh!

Gix11
05-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Where about on the Coast are you?

Skifledanabit
05-12-2006, 03:58 PM
just below hope island, in the goddam sticks, but im going to buy my own car soon to get around rather than borrow the bloody ute all the time, why?

Gix11
05-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Just making sure you were up the North End mate as a trip from Tweed to Southport would be a fucker every day. Boykambil area yea? If you wanted an immediate start job have you considered Ozkat's offer of getting a job at Riviera? It's just up the road from you near Dreamworld. Ok, it's boat building but starting out on the Gold Coast ain't easy and a job is a job to start with.

Skifledanabit
05-12-2006, 04:50 PM
it sounds promising, but its trouble getting there, if it is weekend work i should be ok and be able to borrow the ute, il email him

Skifledanabit
08-12-2006, 01:28 PM
ok, does anyone own a garage or workshop in the gold coast that needs anyone for anything?

Skifledanabit
18-12-2006, 08:23 PM
at all?

ej03
18-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Sorry can,t help you mate but if your intrested in driveing a truck let me know,
the company I work for is looking for 3-4 drivers after x-mas(HR,HC&MC)rocklea
based.

Skifledanabit
18-12-2006, 11:24 PM
dont have a truck license, car yeah, but thanks anyway

Gix11
19-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Mate, you'll find out pretty soon that on the Gold Coast you take any job to get your feet on the ground. Once you're working the job you are looking for will rock up. Trust me. I was cleaning school toilets for two hours a day when I first got here from England and I have experienceand qualifications in a lot of things!