PDA

View Full Version : Newbie......................

roogazza
30-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Cheers , Gaz here ! Wgton New Zealand. Run a Bandit 1200 with the usual GSRX1100 stuff in the motor and suspension. Carbon body work & front guard etc.. Acerbi twin Head/light.
I'm 57 and retired. Lived Sydney in 1970 and Adelaide for 12 yrs (85-98) (I speak fluent aussie !!!!) Roogazza.

Large
30-11-2006, 05:26 PM
lol fluent aussie?

Welcome roogazza and we need pics :)

latheboy
30-11-2006, 05:30 PM
hey roo .. how goes it .. and welcome .. you on north or south of new zuland ..

slamdog
30-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi roogazza
Good to see another fellow countryman in here ;), All we need now is about another 1000 more and we could take over this site :D;)

roogazza
30-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Wgton is the capital, bottom of the norff !! Got picks , just have to work out how to post ????? Gaz.

Iceman
30-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Welcome aboard Gaz.

Large
30-11-2006, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by roogazza

Wgton is the capital, bottom of the norff !! Got picks , just have to work out how to post ????? Gaz.

If you've got pics on your pc you're half way there.

1 It helps if they're about 800x600 and no more than 100k...although I can fix that bit
2 When you click on new topic or reply to topic there is this bit you can click on.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79662007636709.jpg
3 Then you browse your pictures and double click on the one you want....and follow the prompts...

I'll finish this in an hour or two:)

Large
30-11-2006, 07:03 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/7966200742209.gif

In honour of all our kiwi friends...can we have a new smilie pls Si?:D

slamdog
30-11-2006, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/7966200742209.gif

In honour of all our kiwi friends...can we have a new smilie pls Si?:D

That's an Oz smilie at the back of that RAM [:0], you can tell that because its yellow LOL :D:D:D:D

Tone
30-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Hello Gaz,
How is Welly for riding these days,I grew up there and loved the lap of the city we used to do from the Basin around the bays to past the back of the airport through miramar (I think...long time ago) and back round to Island Bay and over the hill through Brooklyn (thinks again) and back to work in Adelaide St (road?)Great way to spend lunchtime.A stack of RD's,GT's and my trusty Kwack triple.Strokers everywhere.
Where in Welly are you?

WATEVR
30-11-2006, 07:49 PM
welcome aboard there roogazza, bring on the pics of the ride mate

devo
01-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Welcome to the Den Mate, c'mon Pics chop chop :)

roogazza
01-12-2006, 06:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tone

Hello Gaz,
How is Welly for riding these days,I grew up there and loved the lap of the city we used to do from the Basin around the bays to past the back of the airport through miramar (I think...long time ago) and back round to Island Bay and over the hill through Brooklyn (thinks again) and back to work in Adelaide St (road?)Great way to spend lunchtime.A stack of RD's,GT's and my trusty Kwack triple.Strokers everywhere.
Where in Welly are you?
Gidday there, Riding is great but the weather has been crap for 2 mths !!!! in fact summer starts today ! pfffft !
I was brought up in the Hutt Valley. I'm on bike number 49 !!!! so I've had a few ?
I now live in Kapiti (50 Kms from Wgton.) so I do the Piecock hill / Haywards / Rimutakas and out to Martinborough regular for breakie. Gaz.

roogazza
01-12-2006, 07:23 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79662078551851.jpg
Photo ! See if that works ???? 5th round of the winter series at Manfeild.
I started racing in 1970 and retired in 83 ! Just this year I thought I'd give it another crack , at 57 I was surprised ? Two wins in Clubmans 'A' !!! Gaz

Sheep jokes is it ? I must admit, they are more attactive over here !!! ha ha

Gix11
01-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey Gaz, welcome aboard mate. Nice to see you hooking into that Bandit mate. Great shot. Slamdog won't feel so alone now!

Benz
01-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Welcome aboard Gaz, 57 eh! Makes me feel a bit better to see another 'old bastard' still hard at it, and winning!

dazz
01-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Yes Roogazza,sheep jokes indeed. With time on this site you will discover that sheep are not just for marrying UN ZUD style, you can also cook them on the BBQ:D

Tone
01-12-2006, 03:25 PM
quote:
I now live in Kapiti (50 Kms from Wgton.) so I do the Piecock hill / Haywards / Rimutakas and out to Martinborough regular for breakie. Gaz.

Fuckin bizarre Gaz...started my riding around the streets of Pram,lived down the beach,Donovan Road.Be cool to see it again,I liked NZ a lot but a 17/18 year old with a kwack triple and V8 XR falcon and nobody to answer to is gonna get into trouble.Which is why I'm over here;)
Did they finally make Paekakariki Hill easier to spell:D
Is manfield the track up Palmy north way?Used to blast up there to watch the Croz go mad on anything he rode.

Jockney Rebel
01-12-2006, 03:28 PM
hi dazz welcome m8, my bruv s livin/workin over there just outside auckland somewhere unpronouncable

Jockney Rebel
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
that pic gives me hope .........nice one m8

BOHEMION
01-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Welcome!!! awesome picci btw

01-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Choice Bro. Welcome.

roogazza
01-12-2006, 04:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tone

quote:

Fuckin bizarre Gaz...started my riding around the streets of Pram,lived down the beach,Donovan Road.Be cool to see it again,I liked NZ a lot but a 17/18 year old with a kwack triple and V8 XR falcon and nobody to answer to is gonna get into trouble.Which is why I'm over here;)
Did they finally make Paekakariki Hill easier to spell:D
Is manfield the track up Palmy north way?Used to blast up there to watch the Croz go mad on anything he rode.

I started in Stokes Valley , grew up with the Hiscocks (aussies should remember them) and raced with Graham Crosby (he married recently) Manfeild is not far from Palmy but closer to feilding. Yeh, Piecock ! great name for it . Good early in the morning before the 4x4's get on there ! I too had the Mach 4 in about 73.

Some of you jokers may remember the movie 'Stone' ? The stunt guys in it were mates, we lived at Epping in Sydney but all came from the Hutt Valley. We're talking 1970 now so maybe too long ago?
I'll stop burbling now . Gaz.

Zed14
01-12-2006, 04:49 PM
i8 have stone and watch it all the time awesome movie.

Gix11
01-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Supercharger Mark was nearly in the funeral procession ride at the start of Stone but got mashed and missed the ride......

01-12-2006, 08:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by roogazza

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79662078551851.jpg
Photo ! See if that works ???? 5th round of the winter series at Manfeild.
I started racing in 1970 and retired in 83 ! Just this year I thought I'd give it another crack , at 57 I was surprised ? Two wins in Clubmans 'A' !!! Gaz

Sheep jokes is it ? I must admit, they are more attactive over here !!! ha ha

Yeah, look at it, another sheep fecker who thinks he's goin' fast.

I been there mate, and if ya go fast ya just run out of island don't ya?

And wellington? the only winds nastier come from Helen Clarke don't they? The world's butchest PM.

fizzer49
01-12-2006, 09:48 PM
hi guys im marc from adelaide new to the streetfigher world been riding for about 5 years recently got my hands on a fzr600 it had no fairings so im going to street fighter it got triple clamps and getting body work air brushed. any help would get good thanks guys

Jockney Rebel
01-12-2006, 10:20 PM
welcome to the madhouse m8

slamdog
02-12-2006, 05:03 AM
Hi Fizz got any pixs mate

02-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Me bikes in the gallery mate, although I'm buggered how lookin' at me bike will tell you how fast I am (unless it's a Humpty Dumpty, then that'll just show you how slow I am) (Oh actually I forgot, yer back in NZ, you probably still call video clips 'moving pictures').

And no, I'm having a good day, I'm just one of those blokes who the better I feel the more trouble I look for. It's a fun, exciting way to live.

gibbo
02-12-2006, 01:25 PM
You'll get used to Chalky Gaz, he's a grumpy old cunt:( lovable though;)We've missed ya Chalky,where you been[?]

02-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I been working hard mate............. yeah yeah I know, you've never heard of a kiwi that works hard before, but I was.

There's a bit about it in one of the other threads. Actually I've been down near Melbourne a couple of times in the last 2 weeks, but decided not to hang around too long (I won't be posting those stories on any public forums though mate, needless to say there was 'humpty dumpties going everywhere' on one occasion)

roogazza
02-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Cheers chalk10, have a few VB's and a lie down. I'll come back to ya later, after I've worked out whos who on here. G.
ps.
Sorry chalk, I didn't realise my photo would re appear so I deleted it. Make allowances , I'm only a Kiwi !!!!!! G.

02-12-2006, 02:02 PM
If you're ever up Hamilton way mate, have a Steiny at the Chartwell tavern for me will ya. ;)

And stay well clear of them Chalklen's, they're cunts, every last one of'em :D

roogazza
02-12-2006, 02:14 PM
I Have a good mate in Hamilton. He just sold it but, owned the Montana Resturant in Vict Ave I think it was ? Pete Stark !!! Gaz.

02-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I left in 86' mate, and haven't been back since.

From what I've heard Vic St is completely different to what I knew. I have a brother back there still, he has a panel shop, 'Restoration Services' or something I think, on lakeview road, can't remember the name of the area anymore though.

I did customer technical support for NZ clients when I was in Melbourne around the turn of the century, and they used to tell me all these things about how wonderful the King country / Waikato area was. Took'em 6 months to figure out that I grew up (kinda) in the area.

But there is no better place to learn to ride, wet and dry.