PDA

View Full Version : Con Rod needed

devo
19-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Does anyone have a conrod for a 1991 GSXR750 part # 12160-17E01
so I can fix my crankshaft for my spare engine :(

ozkat
19-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Devo ive got some 750 rods here but not sure what model they are out of, i know they are 750 oilcooled but how do i tell?

03gixxerpilot
19-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Oz have to look up the manual for you but the size of the big end will let you know for sure i'll look it up tonight and let you know

Booster
19-11-2006, 06:22 PM
A speedway racer near me has a near new 750 crank and rods ( sitting wrapped for a long time) that came from a motor that was changed to bigger capacity. don't know of the exact vintage (not SRAD ) centre camchain. I can check year and price if you want.

devo
19-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks Booster if you can do that it would be great :D
OZ has a set of rods for the one I need but spares are always needed.
I spoke to OZ today Gixxer I think we may have sorted it out
thanks Mate.;)

ozkat
19-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah should be sorted, ill give the rods to Rexie proberly this week.

devo
19-11-2006, 07:21 PM
On ya OZ :D

03gixxerpilot
19-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Ok a 91 750 is a long stroke motor, and as best as i can make out the long stroke motors have conrods with big end sizes as follows with bearings in place 34mm with out mearings in place 36mm the short storke motors have big end sizes as follows with bearings in place 36mm without bearings 39mm further to that the early long stroke rods were weaker the the later long stroke rods, as for identifing the diffrence between the early and late model long stroke rods i'm afraid i can't help you on that one, but i can give you a bit of advice in that i would replace all the rods with a compleat set so as to avoid any troubles.

Hope this helps.

devo
19-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I agree Gixxer if I can't get the 1 rod from a 91 then I get the
set which OZ has.
Thanks heaps for filling us in on the rod differences it's always
good to know these things when building an engine up.
That way you fit it with all the better stuff in one hit rather
than have to strip it again to find certain bits are crap.:D

03gixxerpilot
19-11-2006, 08:00 PM
thats kool I'm experimenting with putting together an engine to get a certian amount of cc's and trying to get a combination that bolt together with as little mods as possoble, but i have had probs with main bearing sizes and conrod sizes to get the desired cc's that i want, still its was a good learning experiment and a lot of info has been gathered, so im still looking at difrent combos now with blocks to try to get to where i want, its easer to machine a block to take bigger barrels than to take a new crank ;) more experiments more info !!!!!!!!!!!

ozkat
19-11-2006, 08:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by 03gixxerpilot

thats kool I'm experimenting with putting together an engine to get a certian amount of cc's and trying to get a combination that bolt together with as little mods as possoble, but i have had probs with main bearing sizes and conrod sizes to get the desired cc's that i want, still its was a good learning experiment and a lot of info has been gathered, so im still looking at difrent combos now with blocks to try to get to where i want, its easer to machine a block to take bigger barrels than to take a new crank ;) more experiments more info !!!!!!!!!!!
long stroke 750 bottom end + short stroke 750 top end = ??cc

Large
19-11-2006, 08:50 PM
oss has that info somewhere

03gixxerpilot
19-11-2006, 09:12 PM
825 cc's with the first over size piston besides the top crank case been having to be machined out to take the bigger barrels the only after market item they use was a spacer between the top casing and barrel to take up the exra hight of the long conrods :) but that is not the amount of cc's im after, or the combo that im trying

Booster
20-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Devo , crank and rods may be from a J but not real sure , still assembled so can't quickly check bigend diameters, what about casting nos on the side of the rods??
He wants $250 ono

devo
28-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Rods sorted thanks Oz, Booster will let ya know thanks Mate.;)