PDA

View Full Version : Progressive suspension dealer anyone ??

sharky
17-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Anyone out there work/deal/import Progressive Suspension ?
I have found that a 1200 '96 hardly spurster custom([:o)]) weighs in at 10kg less than my Xjr so I'm thinking the rear shocks would be ok to fit.

17-10-2006, 08:40 PM
mate,most bike shops can get progressive springs,but i did have a link for an importer from ebay/au that sells em rather cheap,he's south of Sydnee or maybe even north of Canberra.I'll dig deep and gety back to ya.
Chears
yeah here it is www.motorcycle-parts.com.au.
just tell him you know me and you get 10% off:D

devo
17-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Sharky give this guy a call visit his website and look at bitubo
products.
He offers ASF members 10% discount just tell him you know me and
he will charge you double.:D
www.motorcycle-parts.com.au

devo
17-10-2006, 09:28 PM
quote:yeah here it is www.motorcycle-parts.com.au.
just tell him you know me and you get 10% off
What the [?]

TurboKat
17-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Beware Sharky, Progressive Harley shocks are absolutely SHITFUL, I've got a set on my ...... ummmm ..... my ..... other bike ;) & the fucking things wallow all over the place at speed, I even tried another set off a mates bike which were brand new & they were zackery the same. You can't go past proper performance shocks like Koni, Ikon, Ohlins, Hagon, WP, etc, etc for your application. There are a LOT of twisty roads up 'round your way, you need summat that actually dampens the spring oscillations proply.
Do a search on findapart.com.au for a set of original XJR Ohlins.
BTW, missed you at Broadford on Satdy, did you go?

sharky
17-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Thats what I was wondering Turbo...I had a set on my old xs11 in the uk and they were er...ok...but then anything would improve that beasts handling.
I haven't been able to find Ohlins xjr shocks for a decent price so for now I am getting a stock set from a wreckers. Mine are rock hard and leaking so I need summat quick. Once the monies there I will look at Hagons and the Bitubo stuff again.
Thanks fellas.
Oh and No we didn't make it...got into working on the house. We gotta leave Seymour !!!!!!!!!!