PDA

View Full Version : wanted... assorted parts

jakam04
16-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Anyone have a spare 94-95 GSXR1100/750 braced swingarm, R1 subframe or 98-99 R1rear seat plastics?

A tall order, but was always taught, it never hurts to ask...lol

jakam

jakam04
17-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Just in case you were unsure, this actually is a serious request. I may be a jube when it comes to this forum, but im genuinely interested in building my bike into a decent streetfighter similar to deano and Gix11's beasts.

Any help would be appreciated.

jarrod

Gix11
17-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Yea sorry mate. It's quiet on this one because you're asking for things that would be cleaned up pretty sharpish on here, so I'm guessing nobody has them. Have you tried your local wreckers or the one at the Gabba? (I forget the name but one of the lads will fill in the gaps). That year was really popular and they were everywhere, so about now the engines will be getting blown and the body work up for grabs so check your wreckers mate. That's where I got my tail plastics from anyway. (and don't be scared of scuffed up plastics. Mine had a massive gouge out the side and a crack up the centre).

jakam04
17-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Tis cool mate. Thanks for your reply. Another option I saw today might be to use a CBR600 02 model arse end. Just having a look around for a similar arse end from different models to find suitable substitute. If i was to find myself another GSXR1100 braced swingarm. would they be an attractive item for people with non-braced swingarms?

thanks

jarrod

Deano
17-10-2006, 05:25 PM
good luck with the swing arm mate. the w series GSXR wasn't as popular as earlier oil cooled but if you keep your eyes open long enough then something will pop up.

i would look for a 750 arm instead of an 1100 they are about 50mm shorter. will improve the handling and wheelie a bit easier.

jakam04
17-10-2006, 06:10 PM
thanks for your advice mate, muchly appreciated. Will keep my eye out for a better swing arm.

jarrod