PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Valley Drags

Benz
12-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi to all the NT ASF members in the NT!! Guess I may be talking to myself here.......BUT;)
Hidden Valley Raceway has its NT Dragracing Final Meeting on this weekend 14th October. Qualifying from around 3.00pm, racing at about 7.30pm.
If you can't make it to this meeting, there is a Friday night Streetmeet on October 27, or you can get all the info you want at www.hiddenvalleydrags.com.au
Come on down, the boys in the pits are a great bunch, and have helped many a newby to get down the track. Myself included:)

sheezymaneezy
12-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I've been a lurker for ages, but decided to join since the addition of state/territory forums.

12-10-2006, 10:19 PM
welcome abord she-man.Dont be shy now,tell us where you at and wot your Stallion is.And get your arse along to hiddenvalley drags. You'll be a proud man being the 2nd member from NT,and im sure Benz will help you out when ever needed.
cheers

Barry

Gix11
12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Yea, welcome aboard mate. Always good when the lurkers come out of the wood work. I'm guessing you're NT as well so get involved with Benz as he's a bit by himself up there! What you riding or planning to ride?
Cheers

Colin

sheezymaneezy
12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Cheers for the welcome guys.

It's good to know there's locals around which is basically why I decided to join, so I can contac them, but you guys seem like a friendly (someimes weird) bunch [:p]

By next week I will have no bike at all. I sold my 98 600 Ninja not long, and the 250 'Ninja' will be gone very shortly.
I'll just wait out the wet-season, then I'll buy another bike, (still totally unsure of what I plan on getting). I'm still quite new to streetfighters, but I plan on doing one and being different :D

Benz, I would've loved to make it this weekend, but I'm going down to Brisbane in a few hours for the weekend. Obviously I'm in Darwin as well.

12-10-2006, 11:23 PM
sometimes i have no bike,but i think we call it the dry season down south.Benz is from here so he knows what its all about.Holiday/tourist season is about to begin so im lookin forward to the wet season.

Cheers again

Barry.

Benz
13-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Well there you go then! I'm not alone.... Good to hear of some interest from another rider in the Territory, welcome to the madness,'sheezyman'...... that name may cause you trouble:D
Wet season is coming, but we've got to endure the buildup first. Anyone from the topend will tell you when it starts raining, its a total luxury/relief, after sweating at 90% humidity for a coupla months!
Come on you site lurkers in Darwin......we need to get together, do some rides , maybe a run to Bachelor.... I know there are a few guys who run fairly regularly down there on a Sunday morning. The road in is more than enough corners for one day, [compared to the Stuart Hwy,any road is curvy:(] and you can have a swim once you get to the Falls.Personally I sleep in on Sundays, but it would be worth getting up if there was a few of us playing[8D]

Gix11
13-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey Benz. Do you want some spotter cards to take on your runs mate? Get a few guys into ASF.

Benz
13-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah Si, why not:)

Gix11
13-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Email me your address again mate (just for confirmation) and I'll get it sorted.

sheezymaneezy
13-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Hah, I get in trouble without the damn name!
I will definately be going for rides when I do get my new bike next 'riding' season, but that's ages away....

Cruisecontrol
13-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Ah, good old Darwin. I really miss that place.

When we were living up there I had my '82 Katana sent up and the bastards lost it! Somehow it ended up being unloaded in Alice Springs for a few days and when it finally arrived the screen was broken.

There are some things I don't miss about Darwin.

Benz
14-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah Cruise, I had a similar thing happen to me. I decided not to ride back to Darwin from Alice, after doing a six month stint playing at the Todd Tavern. I put the bike on Kwikasairs overnight truck, and when I picked it up there were scratches down the left side, and a cracked indicator, pissed me off big time, as the bike was still virtually new. As it turns out, I ended up driving the same damned trucks a coupla years later, and I realised the bastards who put the bike in at the time had no idea how to deal with it.
Things change, everything is in a crate now, or it doesn't go on.
I should have ridden............

sheezymaneezy
17-10-2006, 11:15 PM
SO how was the drags?

Benz
19-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Got caught up in a 'session', and didn't have enough operating brain cells to make it to the drags....... shit happens[8D]
I did manage to hook up with an old buddy who has got back into riding, [he bought a very tidy '77 Z1000]and we had a bit of fun low flying around town on Sunday.

ow2839
22-10-2006, 05:14 AM
Sounds good, I haven't made it to the drags for awhile. USed to love going down to watch MAD AS HELL back before they had any lights and all drags were during the day, then watched as Aerotech Express would blow up with regular yet spectacular monotony year after year! I intend to Mod ny 636 cause I can't sell it, so hope to get out and ride more after spending money over the wet.

sheezymaneezy
22-10-2006, 03:09 PM
I haven't been to the drags in years as well. I think it wasn't since last season or the season before that.
BTW, OW where've you been trying to sell your 636? I've been looking in the local ads hoping one would pop up! (Although now I'll wait till after wet season)

ow2839
29-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Sorry for the late reply sheezy, decided not to sell and put an Arata with PCIII on just prior to the rain. Fuck!! I am impressed with the difference. Although not a gixer beater (a modded 636 is enough for me just quietly) it really is the shit now for blasting round town. Stay tuned, although I won't be pulling all the plastic off and fully modding it (yet...) I'll be chucking a bit of bling on soon and going for the full Arata system. If you see me on the street give a wave, I'm the old bloke on the blue 05'636 with personalised plates.

And just in response to the speed limits, how fucked is that! It's not as if ordinary everday people kill themselves it's the fuckwits in the bush, and no amount of monitoring will stop that. I went on a Litchfield ride around early December and me and Shay (I'm sure some of you know that madman) spent 30 minutes on the way home dicing between 180-240kph. Didn't feel unsafe in the least...:D:D:D