PDA

View Full Version : ballarat fz1

pete
25-06-2006, 01:32 AM
gday guys, im currently working on setting up a 2003 fz1 with a 12o'clock bar & a cage. has anyone done this to a fazer before cause im looking for any tips. im a trade welder, so i have equipment & abillity i just need some suggestions as this model has a round tube frame.
i live in ballarat & like to know if there is anywhere we can practice our stunts legally?
thanks anyway for great site.
pete

Gix11
26-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I reckon Ben will be able to point you in the right direction. Ben?

Welcome aboard as well mate.

Dstunts
26-06-2006, 08:31 PM
hey, i might be able to help you out with your cage and bar, i know a couple of guys who make em in melbourne, iam also from the ballarat area so i could show you some spots where i ride which are kinda legal.. meaning no cars and long wide roads to stunt for aslong as ya arms hold up!

these are just a couple of my spots.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ti-tech/fin.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ti-tech/4.jpg

i have a myspace with more pics if ya wanna check it out.

www.myspace.com/dstunts

let me know if ya wanna ride sometime. im always up 4 it!

IMP-INC
27-06-2006, 12:00 PM
ballarat has some nice spots, but i cant ride mine untill i get a new engine, the spots i go is behind the rural press area," near freiders" with "d stunts" the boys over der come out and have a looksee, its ok but they wont call the cops.

IMP-INC
01-07-2006, 06:25 PM
i was thinking, i seena red and black Fz1 at wenduree village the other day,... hmmm

Rocket
03-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I think I've worked out what a 12 o'clock bar is but what's a cage ?

Wenduree Village ? Does that mean people that live there are called Village People ?
You wouldn't want to live there and be a construction worker or a cop, or maybe a Red Indian.

03-07-2006, 08:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Wenduree Village ? Does that mean people that live there are called Village People ?
You wouldn't want to live there and be a construction worker or a cop, or maybe a Red Indian.

Or a biker

Hmmmm perhaps that explains why it was on a Yamaha :D

vtr420
04-07-2006, 12:13 AM

12 bar is for doing bar tricks or scapping wheelies a cage is a frame mad up to protect your engine from drops

Rocket
04-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Ahhh thanks VTR.
If I was doing a stunt bike, I'd make the cage all the way around so if i fell over, i'd roll all the way over and land right back on my wheels again.
In fact, i might do that anyway.

IMP-INC
04-07-2006, 12:47 PM
hahah the village is a shopping centre, its propper name is stockland wendouree, but yer as for the gays theres a few around

vtr420
05-07-2006, 12:48 AM

Ahhh thanks VTR.
If I was doing a stunt bike, I'd make the cage all the way around so if i fell over, i'd roll all the way over and land right back on my wheels again.
In fact, i might do that anyway.

well it wont roll back on the wheeles just protect your engine and stuff
here a pic can say a thousand words

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/261135885183925.jpg

pete
15-07-2006, 11:14 PM
thanks for the photo, but the bike im working on is a 2003 fz1 fazer which has a tube cradle type frame. this makes it a bit harder but i think im finally getting there.