PDA

View Full Version : CBR 1000 Turbo drag /streetfighter project

tlr2nv
01-05-2006, 10:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4633916896&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Anyone here interested? I'm tired of dealing with idiots and dreamers on ebay. If the bike doesn't sell, I'm probably just going to part it for another project. I swear ebay is an idiot magnet. The bike is already a bargain. Everyone wants something for nothing. :(

Gix11
01-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Is she road registered? I know I should read your ebay write up, but I'm bloody tired just now. I ask as you are suggesting selling it as a Streetfighter.

tlr2nv
01-05-2006, 11:15 PM
She was road registered, then I let the rego lapse and didn't renew (12 months ago) and started the turbo build. She still has the plates so rerego in SA is no problem, but not my responsibility.

Currently tuned for top end punch down the strip. Yet to take the 1/4.

Has turbo conversion; Haltech F9 ECU; EFI conversion; intercooler; Bosch 910 EFI pump; and lots of other goodies. Lots spent, lots of work, in between street fighter and drag bike. My interests have changed, and I need to clear the garage for my race bike coming from the Gold Coast.

Razorback
02-05-2006, 09:43 AM
ROFL at the questions...

N00bs... you gotta love em...

fimpBIKES
02-05-2006, 05:11 PM
thats a bargain for 6g,
welcome abored ;)

ozkat
02-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Why did you choose a CBR1000?

tlr2nv
02-05-2006, 09:01 PM
I couldn't find a wrecked Busa (at a place like Fowlers) or a ZZR1100. The CBR has a good engine, so it was a good place to start.

pesh
03-05-2006, 05:18 PM
welcome aboard m8 .. pissa those questions on ebay ..

dinorider
03-05-2006, 05:26 PM
they missed a question that is so obvious.......Is it fully sick bro?

tlr2nv
03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
An even better question would be ... "who do I make the cheque out to?"

Had an offer today for $4,500. Not happy about it. Even less happier when I check out the buyer; rating of 1, over 6 months since that purchase, so I reckon is someone taking the piss from a secondary ebay account.

I'm tired of dealing with pricks!

Yes, the bike is awesome. Running the bike definately sounds spine tingling.

crazymofo
04-05-2006, 06:59 PM
gday

tlr2nv.

im not interested in the bike myself either, im sorry to say, but what i am wondering... reckon you could give me some info on that oil scavenger pump?? wouldnt mind getting one, but whoever i speak to about it, gives me a blank look

good luck with the sale mate.

cheers.joe.

tlr2nv
07-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Had someone come look at it yesterday. I knew the guy was a tool the minute he opened his mouth. Didn't bother asking what had been done, or ask more info on the build and parts used, nor did he ask to hear it running. The dumbass went straight to saying "what's the lowest you'll go?". Another idiot who wants something for nothing. My reply was "what's the highest you'll go?".

His next question: "what price did you originally pay for her". My reply: "that doesn't concern the basis for the starting price. Why don't you concentrate on what is being offered for sale here, now?"

This killed the deal (he asks): "Without indicators, I don't know if I should buy it". My reply: "Right. If you don't have the money to purchase your own indicators, then you don't have the money for this bike. Goodbye."

I've advertised it on drag bike websites locally, but most guys are more willing to spend $10,000 on a GSXR1100 without nitrous or without turbo, than spend $6,000 on a Honda ready for the strip. I've studied Economics and Marketing Behaviour at Uni, but I'll never understand vultures.

tlr2nv
07-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Ah, last weekend I had a couple of teenagers turn up with dad to look at it. They immediately didn't show any interest in purchasing, rather they wanted to take photos of it! Hmm, me think ebay scammers!

"Sorry boys, the bike is for sale, not for posing or for dreamers!"

I have their ebay name, so I'll be watching out for any sudden bikes for sale by them on ebay. They took a pic of my TLR while I put the cover back onto the drag bike. Asked him to delete it. He got a bit miffed when I asked to see proof that he did delete the pic. Wanker!

Think I'll now just pull her apart and trade the parts with the local wreckers, so I can build my track bike ('03 GSXR 600), and then everyone can pay twice as much for the parts from the wreckers. The GSXR 600 arrives from the Gold Coast next weekend. I already have Shows forks etc coming from the US. Can't wait. :)

tlr2nv
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
BUMP

tlr2nv
14-06-2006, 09:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Reuben1972/drag001.jpg

tlr2nv
26-06-2006, 03:21 PM
UPDATE:

Due to more timewasters and dreamers who'd rather grab their dicks than their wallet, I'm parting the bike this weekend.

I'm trading parts so I can finish building my GSXR race bike.

I thought there'd be a market for fast bikes, but people are only interested in shiny bikes, or seeing what they can get for nothing.

Thanks to those who tried to help me along with selling her. Unfortunately, most point of sales are idiot magnets.

Tathagata
02-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Fuk! I cant believe i missed this. That is a very nice bike.
If you still have this bike then tell me if it can be registered. I dont want a drag bike, I want a street bike, but I dont care if its got an extended swingarm.
To register it do I just need to put blinkers on it?