PDA

View Full Version : URGENT KWAKA FORK BITS REQUIRED

25-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Urgently require a pair of front fork washers for a GPz900R.
I am rebuilding my front end ATM, and the washers that sit above the seals were missing, and the dealer's (as usual) are incapable of providing the parts in an even vaguely acceptable time frame. And the wrecker's dont have any.

Anyone have a pair available? They're 40mm ID and 50mm OD.

And one way or another my bike IS going back together this weekend. But it's the last Kwaka I will be buying in this city.

Gix11
25-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Maybe a job for Deano? Try emailing him. He does bearings and seals......

25-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks Gix,. I tried the local bearing Co's, but no luck.

But then I doubt that I'd be getting the same level of service from them, as I would get from Deano :).

Gix11
25-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh, he's good alright. Got Supercharger Mark some sod off bearings for his supercharger for the half the price of anywhere else and in 4 days, not 4 weeks as he was quoted somewhere else.

25-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Deano is moving factory at the moment so he's offline for a few weeks. Shaynno has his mobile number i think Chalky,maybe he can help.

ozkat
25-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah Chalky i have his number. let me know if you want it and ill email it to you.

crazymofo
25-01-2006, 08:22 PM
chalky.. i could cut you a couple of flat washers on the laser cutter.. FOC, what thickness is it, and what sorta material is it from as well. i could cut them tomorrow, but cos tomorrows a public holiday..i can only ship them (express post) friday.. you wouldnt get em till monday im afraid.

you just cover cost of freight.

the offers there mate

cheers.joe.

dRRew
25-01-2006, 10:25 PM
fuck. raise your hand if you think joemofo is a legend *2 hands up*

25-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I'll take you up on that Joe :)

They're 40mm ID, 50mm OD, 1.5-2mm thickness, aluminium (or whatever's convenient) will do, they only act as a spacer for the seal. They do get moisture in under the dustseal, so rust can be an issue.

PM me the details and I'll put in the cash on Friday morning.

And yeah, you're a top bloke Joe. :)

crazymofo
26-01-2006, 07:03 AM
well its now thursday morning.. australia day.. and im throwing up heh. and no its not from the grog.. its a bout of food poisoning! damn bloody kebab's lol.

chalky, im having a sickie from work..so no washers today, im sorry :(. the shop isnt open again till monday. i'll do them and post them to ya on monday. you'll have them tuesday. ive been thinking tho.. the cost of freight will be bugger all.. hardly worth the effort of going to the bank or netbank lol. i'll spot the cost of post, just buy me a beer on the fools run mate ;)

cheers.joe.

26-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Tuesday's not a problem at all mate, you're still 3.5 weeks faster than the dealers :)
I'll spot you a few top shelfs at the run.
Hope you pick up real quick Joe, but have a good time anyway.