PDA

View Full Version : Gert's XS850

Gix11
24-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Now here's something different to look at. Sent in by Gert last week:

"1980 Yamaha XS 850 shaft drive touring bike. Converted to chain drive with Honda single sided swing arm. One off seat/ducktail styled after Yamaha OW01 70's race bike (TZ750). Three into one under seat stainless exhaust. Monoshock. GSXR 4 spot calipers on XS1100RH discs and forks. Bought this bike 20 years ago as a box of rusty bits for $250. All engineering work, polishing and painting done by myself. At present building big bore motor 1035cc. (Original motor 826cc triple) Have done about 80,000km on her including several Ulysses AGM's towing a trailer. A real bullet proof bitch."

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/74865763147220.jpg

chadams
24-01-2006, 04:59 PM
nice work.... a new front end and it would be perfect... ;)

03gixxerpilot
24-01-2006, 06:06 PM
diffrent

ozkat
24-01-2006, 06:39 PM
good on ya mate, you have done more mods than most people on here inc myself. USD forks would set it off.

24-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Huge amount of work

But even that can't cover up the innate butt-ugliness of the XS :)

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Huge amount of work

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 08:45 PM

Huge amount of work

Frankie
20-02-2006, 08:48 PM
True old skool!

Frankie

Frankie
20-02-2006, 08:48 PM
True old skool!

Frankie

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 08:56 PM

Huge amount of work

OK Chalky. Your opinion is of great importance to me. In future I'll choose something you think is not butt-ugly. What would that be? A Cossack perhaps? Or maybe an LE velocette. I'd like to see a pic of the ride you've built. Is it on this site?

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 08:56 PM

Huge amount of work

OK Chalky. Your opinion is of great importance to me. In future I'll choose something you think is not butt-ugly. What would that be? A Cossack perhaps? Or maybe an LE velocette. I'd like to see a pic of the ride you've built. Is it on this site?

crazymofo
20-02-2006, 09:00 PM
lol.. chalky will be chalky...

nice bike gert, top marks on it i say, youve done real well.

cheers.joe.

crazymofo
20-02-2006, 09:00 PM
lol.. chalky will be chalky...

nice bike gert, top marks on it i say, youve done real well.

cheers.joe.

Gix11
20-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey Gert. Do you have a shot from the back mate. I'd love to see it. Oh and welcome to the site mate.

Gix11
20-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey Gert. Do you have a shot from the back mate. I'd love to see it. Oh and welcome to the site mate.

cammy9r
20-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Nice, i like it.Good work. Thumbs up from me.

cammy9r
20-02-2006, 09:18 PM

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 09:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I have a photo from the rear but stuffed up trying to upload it here. Anyway I took the pic after a rally and it still has a big ugly tow bar on the back of it. Not real good with this computer stuff. Could email a photo. Your bike is hot mate.

Gert Roewer

I have a photo from the rear but stuffed up trying to upload it here. Anyway I took the pic after a rally and it still has a big ugly tow bar on the back of it. Not real good with this computer stuff. Could email a photo. Your bike is hot mate.

fimpBIKES
not my preferred style, but bloody hell

even chalk-boy has to respect the effort thats gone into that there tourer!!

fimpBIKES
not my preferred style, but bloody hell

even chalk-boy has to respect the effort thats gone into that there tourer!!

20-02-2006, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gert Roewer

Nah nah, I think you missed the sarcasm mate, Gix actually wanted a 'butt...' shot of the bike:D

and Beauty is in the eye of the beholder............................ which is why I've got mine shut [^]

And don't be so sensitive, you should read what I have to say about duck's, humpty dumpties, h#nda's, yamahaha's etc etc etc......

20-02-2006, 09:47 PM

Nah nah, I think you missed the sarcasm mate, Gix actually wanted a 'butt...' shot of the bike:D

and Beauty is in the eye of the beholder............................ which is why I've got mine shut [^]

And don't be so sensitive, you should read what I have to say about duck's, humpty dumpties, h#nda's, yamahaha's etc etc etc......

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Not sensitive Chalky. Just enjoy a bit of tongue in cheek (Sarcasm?)
Yours included. I think I went to school with your old man. He used to sit at the back of the class and have everyone on stitches with his remarks. Keep it coming mate. I'm smiling. About your bike though?

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Not sensitive Chalky. Just enjoy a bit of tongue in cheek (Sarcasm?)
Yours included. I think I went to school with your old man. He used to sit at the back of the class and have everyone on stitches with his remarks. Keep it coming mate. I'm smiling. About your bike though?

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 10:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by cammy9r

Appreciate the compliment. But your Busa(??) blows me away. My missus is a Scot and she is nothing like you from what I see. You must not all be into boozin smokin and gamblin. Some of you seem to actually have some worthwhile interests like building insane bikes. That's how Suzuki should have built the Busa in the first place eh? Been to Caledonia twice and love the place (and the folk). MY music library is mostly Scottish/Irish. Weird eh seeing I'm a Kraut.

Gert Roewer
20-02-2006, 10:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by cammy9r

Appreciate the compliment. But your Busa(??) blows me away. My missus is a Scot and she is nothing like you from what I see. You must not all be into boozin smokin and gamblin. Some of you seem to actually have some worthwhile interests like building insane bikes. That's how Suzuki should have built the Busa in the first place eh? Been to Caledonia twice and love the place (and the folk). MY music library is mostly Scottish/Irish. Weird eh seeing I'm a Kraut.

Gix11
20-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Gert. Email me the picture mate, and any more if you have them. I'll do the rest: webmaster(at)streetfighters.com.au - just for reference mate the (at) is written as the @ symbol attracts spam crawlers to use you email address if they detect it. Same goes for anyone else that might want to leave their email address. I notice alucard is already aware.

Gix11
20-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Gert. Email me the picture mate, and any more if you have them. I'll do the rest: webmaster(at)streetfighters.com.au - just for reference mate the (at) is written as the @ symbol attracts spam crawlers to use you email address if they detect it. Same goes for anyone else that might want to leave their email address. I notice alucard is already aware.

21-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Me bikes in the gallery mate, the GPz9. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/kawa/chalky/chalk_gpz.jpg

And I'll be the first to admit that I haven't put in any where near the amount of work that you have. But I still have a fuggin wild time on it, and that's all that matters to me (oh, and winding up other people :)). Once I get my Kat, I'll look at taking it off the road for a good work over, but till then it's only jobs which don't keep the bike off the road.

And let's face it, regardless of the commentary, I'd prefer you're Old Skool to most bikes here (no insult intended guys but I farkin lurv Old Skool bikes)

21-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Me bikes in the gallery mate, the GPz9. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/kawa/chalky/chalk_gpz.jpg

And I'll be the first to admit that I haven't put in any where near the amount of work that you have. But I still have a fuggin wild time on it, and that's all that matters to me (oh, and winding up other people :)). Once I get my Kat, I'll look at taking it off the road for a good work over, but till then it's only jobs which don't keep the bike off the road.

And let's face it, regardless of the commentary, I'd prefer you're Old Skool to most bikes here (no insult intended guys but I farkin lurv Old Skool bikes)

Razorback
21-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Wow thats different. Very nice work~!

Razorback
21-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Wow thats different. Very nice work~!

Gert Roewer
21-02-2006, 10:34 PM

Had a look at your kwak and she's cool mate. You need good gear in the shed to do mods and I spose I'm lucky there. You building a Kat?

Gert Roewer
21-02-2006, 10:34 PM

Had a look at your kwak and she's cool mate. You need good gear in the shed to do mods and I spose I'm lucky there. You building a Kat?

21-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Looking to buy 1 in 2-3 months. Something that I won't be constantly fiddling with (as if).

21-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Looking to buy 1 in 2-3 months. Something that I won't be constantly fiddling with (as if).

Gix11
23-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Gert warned me that there was going to be a tow bar on the bike shots, but that still doesn't hide the fact of the work that's gone into this. I didn't even click the single sider in the original shot. Check this:

http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/gert_single.jpg

Full effort Gert. Most impressed mate.

Gix11
23-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Gert warned me that there was going to be a tow bar on the bike shots, but that still doesn't hide the fact of the work that's gone into this. I didn't even click the single sider in the original shot. Check this:

http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/gert_single.jpg

Full effort Gert. Most impressed mate.