PDA

View Full Version : Taz's Bandit 12

taz1216
22-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi all, im a new member to the site and just wanted to say hi to all, ive tried uploading some pictures of my ride but cant quite work out ho to do it,
i will post pics soon when ive worked it out, unless somebody can help me out :D
thanks.....

dRRew
22-01-2006, 09:18 PM
welcome taz. eager to see this bike!

ozkat
22-01-2006, 09:21 PM
hey dRRew you still want my Bandit Lid?

arbee
22-01-2006, 09:43 PM
howdy Taz....

BOHEMION
22-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Welcome mate,

there is an underlined part above the Message box

[u]If you want to show a photo upload it here first</u>

Just go there and upload the picci from ya puty, you can either ad the URL by hitting the 'send picture code to message, BUT this will delete any text you have in the message box so I just copy and past the picture code. Hope that helps ya

dRRew
22-01-2006, 09:58 PM
yeah i do for sure shane, need to call u bout getting it this week?? im in the hospy all day weds, thurs im gettin pissed how about friday?

ozkat
22-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Friday is good with me mate.

dRRew
22-01-2006, 10:13 PM
awesome mate, pm me your address or where i can meet you and i will drive down, get out of my car and WALK OVER to where you are. :D

taz1216
23-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Thanks all, ive managed to post a piccy of my ride.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/498661049330627.jpg

taz1216
23-01-2006, 04:36 AM
And another piccy of my ride.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/498661050326873.jpg

cammy9r
23-01-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/609368135105807.jpg

Welcome fellow UK'r, i see you have another post up asking for comments. Looking good, my mate did the yellow checks on his black v-max.
As for input, the shorty can looks good but is a bit crowded with the hanger. You could loose the rear seat/pegs/hanger and make up a new bracket that bolts onto the rearsets. This gives the can a cleaner look.

This is the bracket that i made, it was not difficult to do. You would be supprised how strong it is.

Large
23-01-2006, 08:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by cammy9r

Welcome fellow UK'r, i see you have another post up asking for comments. Looking good, my mate did the yellow checks on his black v-max.
As for input, the shorty can looks good but is a bit crowded with the hanger. You could loose the rear seat/pegs/hanger and make up a new bracket that bolts onto the rearsets. This gives the can a cleaner look.

This is the bracket that i made, it was not difficult to do. You would be supprised how strong it is.

That's a great tip thanks.

Gix11
23-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I forgot how big UK number plates were! Nice bike though mate. I'd be taking that shorty can forward a bit so you can see the back wheel better and then loose the rear pillion pegs (unless you're big into taking people out), apart from that, she's tidy as.

Oh, and welcome mate!

Tony Nitrous
23-01-2006, 09:48 PM
TAZ1216,
Whats in the motor ? Future plans ?

GSXR Cams and Carbs,
Unplug the wire under the left hand side panel,
(although i could never tell the difference)
4 degree's ignition advance
(unless your going to run Happy-Gas)
but most important of all.....
bin that wanky flat-plate clutch and get a coil
spring conversion from a GSXR11, dont bother with
"Heavy duty" Yank springs etc. Its a poor substitute
for a real clutch and make the lever heavy as hell,
Trust me...I know :(
Oh... and get some car starter motor leads to bolt to your
battery leads so you can lay the Jelly filled battery down
in the tail piece, then you have room for the NOS solenoids
and fuel pump in the battery box ;)
[8D]
Tony.J.

taz1216
24-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Hi all and thanks for the comments, its nice to know all the time ive put into it has paid off, although it is'nt quite finished yet, (but they never are)

cammy9r
Thanks for that piccy, ive been wanting to loose the can strap for ages but was a little concerned with the weight of the link pipe and can, i will try to have a look at weekend and see if i can make a strap up, thanks again :)

gix11
Im changing the full system over next winter for a high level one to suit the new seat unit that will be fitted and hopefully it will open out the whole rear end :)and a set of usd forks will finish off the front

tonynitrous
Thats a good spec you have posted thanks, Ive considered the gsxr cam and ignition advancer etc, but to be honest i think im opting for the 1216, then maybe nitrous aswell [:p]
a gel battery will be fitted in the new seat unit :)

thanks again to all that have replied,