PDA

View Full Version : Need a machinist in Western Sydney

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Those of you that are following the buildoff or who know me in real world know the problems that seem to happen everytime I commission a headstock. This is a part I originally commissioned 7 weeks ago and the earliest I can get it is sometime next month. I need someone that can do it in a short time , for a fair price and preferably in the Western Sydney area. This is baddly holding up the frame build.Someone must know someone decent....

Wayne

fimpBIKES
22-01-2006, 12:09 PM
where is the pic?

there is a place in newy we send our overflow to that is good and fast
might mean u need to do some posting though....

i hate when people dont follow through with the goods, shit me!!!

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 12:25 PM
This is the third machinist in 7 weeks. The first dragged his heels and after 2 weeks lost 2 fingers(since re-attached), the second was a normally fantastic bloke that gave me a date just after Xmas-his car was hit by an Indian Taxi Driver & he lost his spleen and the third promised by this weekend but had a close family member die & is an emotional wreck. It took 6 purchases before I got my front discs(still chasing 3 sellers through PayPal)so I hope I don't have to go to those lengths again.... Odd thing is my cousin Kjell offered to do one in exchange for a box of Aussie Souvenirs for his kids back home. I declined because I thought I could get it done sooner locally........

22-01-2006, 12:42 PM
How's it going Chop?

I know a guy in CBR, a retired machinist who has been working on my mates Vincent twin (special flywheels and etc) + 54 Norton + Triumph bikes, out of his fully equipped back yard. He did the basic machining for my riser plates.

If you're interestetd let me know, and I'll see if Rob can sort it.

I'll check if Rob know's anyone in you're part of Sydney.

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks mate. This is driving me nuts and costing me build time. I'd prefer someone I can actually go to rather then send away for it. But, if I use your retired machinist odds are he'll have a stroke before finishing knowing my luck....LOL....

22-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah, he's getting up there in tha age stakes :), and I thought you would prefer to meet the guy yourself.

But CBR is only a quick blast down the highway these days, just 'light up' one'o those rigids mate, be here in no time. :)

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm too busted up to ride a rigid anymore. But I guess I could borrow Jasons Z750 hardtail and really paint the town red.LOL. Some friends are down there at the Mo' for the weekend. Timing I guess. Anyway, the Nitrous Oxide Reactor is in alarm again so i'd better go reset the panel before it nukes....

Large
22-01-2006, 02:01 PM
What you doing with the nitrous chopaweeza?

Boiling it?

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Cooking LAN to produce Nitrous Oxide. There is a faultly sensor in the LAN(Liquid Ammonium Nitrate) valve thats causing repeated alarms. Where I work we make gases including N2O(don't bother asking if I can get any)and alot of others. Afterhours we take care of these and fault find for maintenance. Other than that it's been a slow day.

fimpBIKES
22-01-2006, 02:30 PM
u have a drawing? i could get a quote if ya like

Large
22-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Do you make the hahahaha hospital stuff or blue bottle stuff?

Or is it all the same?

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Both. There are differences but I'm not sure what they are. After that ex-employee fatally gased himself & a girl in a car last year we try not to show too much interest in it or people might get the wrong idea....

Amend that, the only difference in ours is the cylinder. Other manufacturers have different grades, some of which can not be safely breathed but here it's all medical grade product. Maintenance are a wealth of information.

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Fimp,

A mate came up with a local small workshop that has a fast turn around. The bloke doesn't speak much English but luckily his main language is well known to me. I'll be checking it out between solicitors meetings(ah, the modern divorce). Thanks for the offer.

Tony Nitrous
22-01-2006, 04:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

Both. There are differences but I'm not sure what they are. After that ex-employee fatally gased himself & a girl in a car last year we try not to show too much interest in it or people might get the wrong idea....
Amend that, the only difference in ours is the cylinder. Other manufacturers have different grades, some of which can not be safely breathed but here it's all medical grade product. Maintenance are a wealth of information.

Not sure about out here Chop,
but last time I bought Happy-Gas the difference was that Hospital
/ Dentist gas was "Clean" and Racing / Automotive / Industrial gas had Sulphur or Sulphide or something added to make you sick and stop you clowning about with it. (which is close to what you said)

Good luck with the Headstock / Build-off.

Tony.J.

chopaweeza
22-01-2006, 07:30 PM
The big difference apparently is that Medical grade Nitrous is safe to breath under certain circumstances but Non-Medical(different companies/countries use different names for it) will fuck you up bigtime regardless of how much is breathed in. In NSW the BOC branded product is all Medical grade. Elsewhere you really have to consult with your gas supplier. The reason they only produce mdeical grade N2O at work is that they have 1 reactor making it impractical to produce 2 types. Other manufacturers may be different in NSW so if in doubt, ask them before taking a wiff and I seriously recommend you don't. If a Trained former Employee can fuck up and kill 2 people while trying to get high what chance to regular people have????

chopaweeza
23-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, I couldn't find the Engineer my mate recommended. Mudmaps sometimes suck. I went past another engineer , stopped by and was able to cut a deal for an overnight job. I had to get the steel for them but they quoted 2.5 hours(my cousin said 30-45 minutes funnily enough) at $50 an hour. I need it so I'm getting it done. I'll check the news tonight to see if there are any fires in the Dunheved industrial estate. Otherwise, I should have it by lunchtime tomorrow. Woohoo. Thanks for those who offered assistance.

23-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Good one mate!!