PDA

View Full Version : Henrob ?

NakedTurboBusa
13-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Has anyone used, or have a HENROB torch.... Ive read and seen, over the years all the hype, what the score ? My welding experience is minimal, Arc welded a scetchy go kart, some mig work on steel... Oxy cutting only on armor plate, some demo work at power station

I want to play with Aluminum, Stainless...

Any first hand knowledge would help..

ozkat
13-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Talk to Rich i think he knows a bit about Henrob.

stevo
13-01-2006, 07:01 PM
I've used one years ago ..... wasn't impressed

there's a reason ya never see one in a profesional workshop and that they're targeted at the home welder... they don't know any better..

If they were any good everyone would have one

cammy9r
18-01-2006, 07:29 AM
never heard of that torch but you can weld ally and s/steel with a MIG welder. Just need the correct filler wire and some argon shielding gas or helium (good for the ally). I use a portable 150amp MIG. It takes practice and i can't get anywhere as neat as TIG welds but it is just as strong.

chopaweeza
18-01-2006, 05:02 PM
The Henrob was designed in Australia. The designers couldn't find anyone to market it in Australia and took it to the USA. The rest is history. I've used one and wasn't overly impressed either. But I guess it's like everything, with practice it might work like they say in the advertising-Alot of practice. Get a Mig, it will work out simpler and better.

stevo
19-01-2006, 01:00 PM
yeah I gotta buy me another little MIG ... they're handy for sheet stuff

I have an AC/DC TIG machine that I can TIG ally , stainless, mild, chrome-moly ...etc etc and AC/DC stick which is good for positional low hydrogen stuff ie: very high strength heavier applications.... I sold my red '90 gixxer 1100 to buy it ..not cheap

TIG is slow compared to MIG .... but if ya want a strong/neat weld on positional stuff, ya can't beat it

There's no substitute for good gear .... makes life so much fucken simpler